Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Mapcycle Changing Plugin?/Nextmap over-ride?

Post New Thread Reply   

Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2008 , 06:15   Mapcycle Changing Plugin?/Nextmap over-ride?
Reply With Quote #1

I am looking for a feature similar to I believe what Mani Admin has, or maybe it was an old Admin plugin I used to use.

Once a map has been changed to, the Valve "nextmap" variable should change to the next map which comes after the one you just voted in the mapcycle.

At the moment I am running a Synergy server which does not have "rounds" and does not have a "timelimit" so in effect the map just changes when it's over which can be either all players die or the map gets completed.

I have rtv enabled and if they change to a new map the next map ends up being the Valve "nextmap" which is pulled from the mapcycle.txt? and not the one from the mapcycle which comes after the one that was voted.

I hope this makes sense, kind of hard to explain. In effect I want a "Valve mapcycle nextmap over-ride"

Maybe an example might help:

Say this is my mapcycle.txt:

map1
map2
map3
map4
map5
map5

SRCDS typically just goes through 1-6 then back to 1 right.

Say I was on map1 and everyone rtv'd to map5, when map5 is over SRCDS will change the map to map2 instead of map6.

I would like it to change the nextmap is over-ridden to the one after you are currently playing in the mapcycle.txt order.

Is anyone able to shed some light on how this can be done? Thanks.

Last edited by Rothgar; 10-19-2008 at 06:40.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
icky
Old 10-20-2008 , 17:58   Re: Mapcycle Changing Plugin?/Nextmap over-ride?
Reply With Quote #2

This is something that I really wanted as well, after coming from BF2 to TF2, but after a long time wishing I could have it, we started using sourcemod map management system, and it is much better. Now every map is chosen as either a vote or a random selection. No more forcing a new map to come up only to have the same map repeat because it was next in the rotation.

I highly recommend it.

Now to address your particular situation, if the newest nextmap plugin doesn't already do this, I bet you could request it as an enhancement.
Crap
Old 10-20-2008 , 22:40   Re: Mapcycle Changing Plugin?/Nextmap over-ride?
Reply With Quote #3

I actually just asked for more or less the same thing in another thread and BrutalGoerge provided an answer:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...557#post700557

Summary,

Add

Code:
sm plugins reload nextmap
to your sourcemod.cfg and it will reload the nextmap plugin every map change so that the next map is always set to the one after the current map in the mapcycle.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 10-20-2008 , 23:19   Re: Mapcycle Changing Plugin?/Nextmap over-ride?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crap View Post
I actually just asked for more or less the same thing in another thread and BrutalGoerge provided an answer:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...557#post700557

Summary,

Add

Code:
sm plugins reload nextmap
to your sourcemod.cfg and it will reload the nextmap plugin every map change so that the next map is always set to the one after the current map in the mapcycle.
Hmm interesting I will have to try this, thanks.

I am actually not sure if this will work as sm_nextmap is the nextmap SourceMod will use, however I don't know if SourceMod is actually controlling the map changes for Synergy or not. I'll check it out though.

Ok after testing it looks like this may actually be working, I will have to file an enhancement request for nextmap/map management plugin, thanks.

Last edited by Rothgar; 10-21-2008 at 01:22.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar