Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [22/10/2022]

Post New Thread Reply   

DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 12-06-2018 , 23:58   Re: HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [06/12/2018]
Reply With Quote #41

I couldn't agree more! Going to 1.9 I made a new directory in plugins called testing for all 3rd party plugins. That was a first for me. All 3rd party plugins configs ought to be in a new directory. Ahead of your time!

Now the config file did not execute for me even before placing my special fitments here and there. Is it's purpose to index the default cvars of the compile without going back to the source?

That's all it seems to do when I tested it. The root gamemod directory server.cfg is enough in my opinion. I already had it there then this extra plugin generated file does not execute the cvars it contains. All flash and no bang. I am not going to step on any toes here but for my purpose I just cut it out, a total of 5 lines now. I like the immunity refinement. If the source of the network radiation is the admin then yikes.

Also the limits do not appear to behave. I stripped down and lowered the minimums on the cvars as if there is ever a surge I am using this as a final line of defense. Once the line is crossed- gone. It has been fun working with this. While I was doing that the advertised minimums were not taking. I was wanting less than 5 tests for instance and it was forcing 5. Had to prune the source a bit. I am keeping the paperweight version. I am sure the final product will be neat. Remember be unique even if it is minimalistic. The others all have a lot of stuff going on. Whatever works for you though.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 12-07-2018 at 01:54.
iceeedr
Veteran Member
Old 12-07-2018 , 06:18   Re: HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [06/12/2018]
Reply With Quote #42

Hello, I would like you to download the new version and tell me what you think of it, I changed the path so that cfg no longer creates the "plugins".

I also need to note that the CFG name is now "newpingkicker.cfg" delete the folder and old cfg's, hope everything is working well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Please stop trying to help. You appear to just be posting random stuff. Wait until you actually understand more about AMX Mod X and how the game works.
https://iceeedr.com.br/
Send a message via Skype™ to iceeedr
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 12-07-2018 , 11:37   Re: HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [06/12/2018]
Reply With Quote #43

0.3 [03/10/2018]
* new natives from amxx 1.9 used
* AutoExecConfig Added to plugin

0.4 [05/10/2018]
* AutoExecConfig removed since it was added to the new amxx.

0.5 [05/10/2018]
* Fixed a typo.

What natives are 1.9 specific please? (so others can learn and join in)
Removed - reason I was on 1.8 at time and it works without it.
Code:
#if AMXX_VERSION_NUM < 190
    #error "This plugin requires AMXX 1.9"
#endif
Removed. Reason. Doesn't execute. Terminates and stays resident even after removing plugin. BAD. If it did exec it is conflicting server.cfg. 3 cvars making a new directory and config file is a bit pretentious for this lightweight of a script. If edited, it will rewrite the compiled settings not the admins. Dropping it is advised. Save it for the big fish.
Quote:
AutoExecConfig(.autoCreate = true, .name = "../NewPingkicker")

What is CS MOD specific please?
Code:
#include <amxmodx>
#include <amxmisc>
Lowering the enforced minimums is desirable for flexibility and task at hand, kicking HPW.

PHP Code:
.min_val 3.0 
Milliseconds instead seconds would possibly stop ddos-like lag surge if SOURCE is a HPW. That I would be willing to test.

These are all findings from yesterday's test.
Old 12-07-2018 , 12:37   Re: HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [06/12/2018]
Reply With Quote #44

You should attach this thread to original plugin thread, as it is just a update and not something new to be approved by plugin approvers.

@DJEarthQuake, that picture it's just wonderful ...

Last edited by CrazY.; 12-07-2018 at 12:39.
iceeedr
Veteran Member
Old 12-07-2018 , 12:42   Re: HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [06/12/2018]
Reply With Quote #45

It was asking Arkshine what to do, if I would make a new post or put it next to the "main", however, as the plugin was all rewritten, the new post is in the correct way.

Quote:
Please stop trying to help. You appear to just be posting random stuff. Wait until you actually understand more about AMX Mod X and how the game works.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 12-07-2018 , 18:30   Re: HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [06/12/2018]
Reply With Quote #46

I would. What I was thinking about doing is adding a paperweight version. I found the logging. Took forever to be sure what kicker was what. Tag it with npk or something.

Code:
highpingkicker.txt:KICK_MESSAGE2 = You got kicked because your ping is too high.

L1204126.log:L 12/04/2018 - 14:23:29: Kick: "Egor<23><STEAM_egor'steam><>" was kicked by "Console" (message ""You got kicked because your ping is too high."")
L1204126.log:L 12/04/2018 - 14:23:55: Kick: "Egor<25><STEAM_egor'steam><>" was kicked by "Console" (message ""You got kicked because your ping is too high."")
L1204126.log:L 12/04/2018 - 14:24:22: Kick: "Egor<26><STEAM_egor'steam><>" was kicked by "Console" (message ""You got kicked because your ping is too high."")

{Yo.slow.OLO}You got kicked because your ping is too high
Old 12-07-2018 , 20:24   Re: HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [06/12/2018]
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
0.3 [03/10/2018]
* new natives from amxx 1.9 used
* AutoExecConfig Added to plugin

0.4 [05/10/2018]
* AutoExecConfig removed since it was added to the new amxx.

0.5 [05/10/2018]
* Fixed a typo.

What natives are 1.9 specific please? (so others can learn and join in)
~>There are many examples: create_cvar, set_task_ex, client_disconnected (id), read_argv_int, get_players_ex ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
Removed - reason I was on 1.8 at time and it works without it.
Code:
#if AMXX_VERSION_NUM < 190
    #error "This plugin requires AMXX 1.9"
#endif
~> The plugin requires amx 1.9 (which is 1.8.3), the message will continue.

Removed. Reason. Doesn't execute. Terminates and stays resident even after removing plugin. BAD. If it did exec it is conflicting server.cfg. 3 cvars making a new directory and config file is a bit pretentious for this lightweight of a script. If edited, it will rewrite the compiled settings not the admins. Dropping it is advised. Save it for the big fish.

~> I honestly did not quite understand what you meant in a whole, but the native "AutoExecConfig" is there to be used, and it will be.

What is CS MOD specific please?
Code:
#include <amxmodx>
#include <amxmisc>

~> What is the point of the question?

Lowering the enforced minimums is desirable for flexibility and task at hand, kicking HPW.

PHP Code:
.min_val 3.0 
~> I left the minimum at 1, I do not recommend, but use as you see fit.

Milliseconds instead seconds would possibly stop ddos-like lag surge if SOURCE is a HPW. That I would be willing to test.

~> I disagree with you, the plugin was born with the ideal of kicking the players who eventually have high pings, or even low, but above the established limit. Other forms of protection should use plugins specific to the genre.

These are all findings from yesterday's test.

~> Thanks for your tests, the problem with cfg not loading the cvars was by the path "... / high ..." the plugin detects as invalid path, ie summarizing everything, apparently it is mandatory to use the new directory "plugins ".

I recommend everyone download the new version and its translation for the correct operation of the plugin, I finally got the time to test the new version correctly and make the adjustments.

Quote:
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2018 , 00:43   Re: HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [06/12/2018]
Reply With Quote #48

Thanks for the response. The main take away. [TAG] the log with something with plugin name and ping. Everything in my environment is working as designed. What is CS MOD? Do you mean Counter-Strike? If so that is not true. It is not required to run this.

Many admins do not have log on in server.cfg. This plugin does not put anything in amxmodx/logs ever no matter what unless one fails to drop the lang file in it's place. Too primal. Clean default install the generated config does not execute. It just makes a file. If you are really serious about this put a echo line in so one can grep if it is working on not, no non-sense.

echo "HighPingKicker is running..."

Changing bits like disconnect to disconnected per deprecated and calling it a new plugin not backwards compatible. Ja. Rejoice I am very happy. This is proof your plugin with my recommended settings handles business. I have enough players with 30 ping. When I have it set to 300 ping (250+50) from Yet and and 50 lcp ping flux. That is 2 kickers failing. Yours knocked it out. See how fast the ping surged? Log is below .... scroll. The longer we entertain bad traffic the harder it is to mitigate in my experiences.

Quote:
example.sma (118 ) : warning 233 : symbol "client_disconnect" is marked as deprecated: Use client_disconnected() instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceeedr View Post
~>There are many examples: client_disconnected (id), ..
That's too easy.

Keep up the good work and enthusiasm. We do not want to kick everybody under 0 ping. That's bad. I just dewiskered this. It is still saved to disk rather unchanged. The stated limits and what was really possible were mismatching.

Next and most importantly. Allowing a default min ping of 0 kicks everybody on connect. Lets assume admin will put in 0 by mistake at some point. AMX admin can not even join. Somebody with rcon or console access will need to take care of it or wait for map change. Deal breaker. The config file the admins were told doesn't exe them back to 200 like the compile has. Screwed. I placed 111 in there for illustration. If admin wanted to put in 100, but input 10 by mistake 111 will be assigned as fail-safe. If you are going to drive that auto file I was afraid you were going to say it's the new way. I researched it and although we agreed it is a good idea to make 3rd party plugins start all abiding to a new directory in configs/testing or whatever that would be a lot cleaner going forward.

//new ping kicker
amx_ping 350
amx_check 1
amx_delay 1
amx_tests 1

//Yet another
amx_maxping 250
amx_maxping_add 50

lame_connection_punisher:::
today - 00: 38:48: Kick: "NAME<135><STEAM_0:0:#><>" was kicked by "Console" (message ""Your ping is too unstable."")

new:::
today - 00:48: 34: Kick: "NAME<142><STEAM_0:0:#><>" was kicked by "Console" (message ""You got kicked because your ping is too high."")

Yet another::
today - 02:53:26: [testing/Yet.amxx] NAME<STEAM_0:0:#> was kicked for having to high a ping (was 321)
today - 02:53:26: Kick: "NAME<173><STEAM_0:0:#><>" was kicked by "Console" (message "Ping too high")

HL1 tested. Log above approved.
Code:
//Use this code on lamers or else you have just become one.
//Kicks high UDP Ping.
#include <amxmodx>
#include <amxmisc>

#define TASKWARN	1996
#define TASKSET 	2996
#define TASKCHECK 	3996

new g_Ping[MAX_PLAYERS +1]
new g_Samples[MAX_PLAYERS +1]

new VarPing, VarCheck, VarTest, VarDelay, cVarPing, cVarCheck, cVarTest, cVarDelay

public plugin_init()
{
	register_plugin("High Ping Kicker", "0.6","OLO & iceeedR") //Based on OLO version
	register_concmd("amx_hpk","cmdHpk", ADMIN_KICK )
	register_cvar("NewPingkicker", "0.6", FCVAR_SERVER | FCVAR_SPONLY )

register_dictionary("highpingkicker.txt")

bind_pcvar_num(cVarPing = create_cvar("amx_ping","200", .description = "The maximum ping allowed before being kicked.", .has_min = true, .min_val = 111.0, .has_max = false), VarPing)
	bind_pcvar_num(cVarCheck = create_cvar("amx_check","3", .description = "Time between Checks", .has_min = true, .min_val = 1.0, .has_max = false), VarCheck)
	bind_pcvar_num(cVarTest = create_cvar("amx_tests","5", .description = "Checkcount", .has_min = true, .min_val = 0.0, .has_max = false), VarTest)
	bind_pcvar_num(cVarDelay = create_cvar("amx_delay","15", .description = "Delay between checks", .has_min = true, .min_val = 1.0, .has_max = false), VarDelay)
}

public client_disconnected(id) 
 	remove_task(id + TASKCHECK)

public client_putinserver(id) 
{    
	g_Ping[id] = g_Samples[id] = 0

if(!is_user_bot(id))
	{
		set_task_ex( 10.0 , "showWarn" , id + TASKWARN, .flags = SetTask_Once)

if (VarTest != 0) 
		{
			set_task_ex( float(VarDelay), "taskSetting", id + TASKSET, .flags = SetTask_Once)
		}
		else 
		{	    
			set_task_ex( float(VarCheck) , "checkPing" , id + TASKCHECK, .flags = SetTask_Repeat)
		}

}
} 

public showWarn(taskId)
{
	new id = taskId - TASKWARN

client_print_color(id, print_team_red,"%L", id ,"WARNING_MESSAGE", VarPing)
}

public taskSetting(taskId) 
{
	new id = taskId - TASKSET

set_task_ex( float(VarCheck) , "checkPing" , id + TASKCHECK, .flags = SetTask_Repeat)
}

kickPlayer( id )
{
	new TranslatedMessage[50]
	formatex(TranslatedMessage, charsmax(TranslatedMessage), "%L", id, "KICK_MESSAGE2")
	server_cmd("kick #%d ^"%s^"", get_user_userid(id), TranslatedMessage)
}

public checkPing(taskId) 
{ 
	new id = taskId - TASKCHECK

if ( get_user_flags(id) & ADMIN_IMMUNITY ) return

new Ping, Loss

get_user_ping( id , Ping , Loss ) 

g_Ping[ id ] += Ping
	++g_Samples[ id ]

if((g_Samples[ id ] >= VarTest) && (g_Ping[id] / g_Samples[id]) >= VarPing)
	{
		remove_task(id + TASKCHECK)
		client_print_color(id, print_team_red,"%L", id, "KICK_MESSAGE", id, VarPing)
		kickPlayer(id) 
	}  	
}

public cmdHpk(id,level,cid)
{
	if (!cmd_access(id,level,cid,4))
		return PLUGIN_HANDLED

set_pcvar_num(cVarPing,read_argv_int(1))
   	set_pcvar_num(cVarCheck,read_argv_int(2))
  	set_pcvar_num(cVarTest,read_argv_int(3))
   	set_pcvar_num(cVarDelay,read_argv_int(4))

console_print(id, "%L", id, "PRECONFIGURATION_MESSAGE")
   	console_print(id, "%L", id, "CONFIGURATION_MESSAGE", VarPing, VarCheck, VarTest, VarDelay)

return PLUGIN_HANDLED    
}

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 12-08-2018 at 00:46. Reason: scroll log
iceeedr
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2018 , 08:18   Re: HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [06/12/2018]
Reply With Quote #49

PHP Code:
0.8 [08/12/2018] - Final Version Release
Added to log the kick message.
Small bugs fixed like the cvar "amx __..." (contained 2 underlines), please delete the newpingkicker.cfg and use the new file created

Quote:
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2018 , 14:52   Re: HighPingKicker OLO Based/Updated [08/12/2018]
Reply With Quote #50

This is what I noticed.
log_to_file("NewPingKicher.log", "%L", id, "KICK_MESSAGE", id, VarPing)

This is what I had in mind.

log_amx("%s<%s> kicked. Ping %d",playername,brandtag,latency)

Why the push for the autoconfig? By the way good find on the double underscore. Where was it?

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 12-17-2018 at 14:55.