Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Which ZP version should be used ?

Post New Thread Reply   

Surimi
Old 04-23-2022 , 09:37   Which ZP version should be used ?
Reply With Quote #1

Which one is the most stable and complete ? BioHazard ? Zombie Plague 4 ? Zombie Plague 5 ? Zombie Plague Advance ? Zombie Plague Special ? Please help, i want to create a ZP server but i am lost on which plugin to use.
zXCaptainXz
Old 04-23-2022 , 09:57   Re: Which ZP version should be used ?
Reply With Quote #2

ZP 5.0.8 https://forums.alliedmods.net/attach...9&d=1422503317

- ZP 5.0.8 is backwards compatible with ZP 4.3, so all plugins which work on ZP 4.3 will work on ZP 5.0.8, and not the other way around, so you have the highest chance of finding plugins which will work on your server.
- It is way easier to edit, since the plugin is divided into sub-plugins which can be modified individually, instead of having to edit one whole plugin every time you want to make the smallest change. I don’t see any reason why you should pick any zombie plague version over ZP 5.0.8
- ZP 5.0.8 has many useful forwards and natives (Handling item/class availability in the shop, handling frost/fire bombs/infections, special game modes, special classes)
Surimi
Old 04-23-2022 , 11:16   Re: Which ZP version should be used ?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zXCaptainXz View Post
ZP 5.0.8 https://forums.alliedmods.net/attach...9&d=1422503317

- ZP 5.0.8 is backwards compatible with ZP 4.3, so all plugins which work on ZP 4.3 will work on ZP 5.0.8, and not the other way around, so you have the highest chance of finding plugins which will work on your server.
- It is way easier to edit, since the plugin is divided into sub-plugins which can be modified individually, instead of having to edit one whole plugin every time you want to make the smallest change. I don’t see any reason why you should pick any zombie plague version over ZP 5.0.8
- ZP 5.0.8 has many useful forwards and natives (Handling item/class availability in the shop, handling frost/fire bombs/infections, special game modes, special classes)
Thank you. So ZP Special isnt that different ? Also, where to find additional ZP subplugins and player models ?
zXCaptainXz
Old 04-23-2022 , 11:59   Re: Which ZP version should be used ?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surimi View Post
Thank you. So ZP Special isnt that different ? Also, where to find additional ZP subplugins and player models ?
I don’t have much experience with ZP Special to be honest with you, but from what I saw, ZP 5.0.8 has a couple more forwards, plus it uses the "1 plugin for everything" method which makes modifying it a bit of a burden. (Edit: That was the case for ZPS 4.4 at least, I’m not sure if this changed, however i’d still go for the tried and tested 5.0.8, I’ve been using it for 2 years and never felt incapable of anything.)

Besides this sub-forum, you can find more ZP plugins on

https://zombie-mod.ru/
http://zppv.boards.net/

Last edited by zXCaptainXz; 04-23-2022 at 12:02.
Casperski
Old 04-23-2022 , 12:31   Re: Which ZP version should be used ?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surimi View Post
Which one is the most stable and complete ? BioHazard ? Zombie Plague 4 ? Zombie Plague 5 ? Zombie Plague Advance ? Zombie Plague Special ? Please help, i want to create a ZP server but i am lost on which plugin to use.
Create on ZPS 4.5 by Perfect Scrash. Also I can give you server pack with latest plugins on it (ex. rehlds 9.0 etc.)