8% 

Hero: Orc

Post New Thread Reply   

landfall
Old 02-07-2019 , 20:05   Hero: Orc
Reply With Quote #1

Orc

Description
Equipment Reincarnation - You will get all of your equipment in your next life.

shconfig.cfg CVARS
Code:
//Orc
orc_level 0
It is from Warcraft3 XP.

It is a little sad to be revived with Phoenix or Grandmaster with a pistol and a knife only. But you don't have to suffer this way anymore. Even death won't be able to separate you with your precious equipment. All that you buy is yours and will stay yours even after your demise: your things will return to you in your next life. Shield, night vision goggles, nades... all of them. Well, except c4 since you haven't paid for that. Also, the weapon you have in your hands on your death will be active on your next spawn. But don't forget to buy new armor, when your armor wears out through many deaths (not an issue if some other hero gives you AP on spawn).

This hero will be useful if you don't have any heroes which give weapons on your server. I have it on my server because I find gun heroes like Morpheus and Rambo monotonous (all they do is damage multiplying and custom models, and also they made people use only and one gun) and I'm not a fan of Batman because having multiple guns on one slot is a bit inconvenient. ZIP archive contains WAV audio file that is played to you when you spawn after death.

Biggest part of code was borrowed from Warcraft3 XP (it was written by ferret and other WC3 XP developers).
Attached Files
File Type: zip sh_orc_required_files.zip (109.1 KB, 215 views)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (sh_orc.sma - 498 views - 7.8 KB)

Last edited by landfall; 02-22-2019 at 05:51. Reason: It gives no equipment on a restart now
mydas
Old 10-18-2021 , 07:49   Re: Hero: Orc
Reply With Quote #2

This is amazing.

I had the exact same issues (I hate multi-weapons on one slot), so I did a more-basic version of this (sh_cairne.amxx, Cairne Bloodhoof - a horde character with rein-Cairne-ation... get it? getit?)

But I won't be releasing it, since this is just coded better and more complex. So thank you, just found this!

P.S. Are you evileye, the one who's maintaining the server and the github?

My heroes: SLAYER, Akasha, Achilles, Robo-Ky,Justice, Potemkin, Juggernaut, Mirage, Leviathan, Tyrael, Marduk, Omega Red
Send a message via Yahoo to mydas
landfall
Old 10-18-2021 , 09:21   Re: Hero: Orc
Reply With Quote #3

Cairne Bloodhoof is the proper name for this hero. It's just that I forgot everything about Warcraft and didn't look the character up at that time. He is a tauren who is part of the Horde, and I made him an orc by mistake. I'm glad to hear you found this hero useful!

Yes, this is me, but I lost interest, so there is no server anymore since May.
mydas
Old 10-25-2021 , 05:33   Re: Hero: Orc
Reply With Quote #4

Yeah, that's a shame. What made you lose interest, really?

My heroes: SLAYER, Akasha, Achilles, Robo-Ky,Justice, Potemkin, Juggernaut, Mirage, Leviathan, Tyrael, Marduk, Omega Red
landfall
Old 10-25-2021 , 08:50   Re: Hero: Orc
Reply With Quote #5

The server cost me $1 and didn't drain that much of my time, but it adds up. Seeing thousands of hours on Steam is discouraging, and the number doesn't reflect time spent in text editor or thinking about the server. I came to dislike the fact an online game had become a big part of my life, when it could be something meaningful instead. Near the end, the server was empty most of the time anyway.
mydas
Old 10-25-2021 , 13:44   Re: Hero: Orc
Reply With Quote #6

I understand. I'm 34, been doing on-and-off SHMOD since I was 18. It will always be a small part of my life, but a part of it nonetheless.

heliumdream
Old 10-25-2021 , 21:16   Re: Hero: Orc
Reply With Quote #7

Fun seeing people back on here!

Especially you Mydas. I took the liberty of fixin Marduk a little while back ^_^
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...t=34726&page=5

Also good to see you landfall. I recently extended your work on Bots using keydown super powers!
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=334899

My server is backup, after a bit of a hiatus. Had to replace some physical components in my server, and took a good long time to get around to it.

Last edited by heliumdream; 11-01-2021 at 13:38.
mydas
Old 01-12-2022 , 01:58   Re: Hero: Orc
Reply With Quote #8

Haha good to see you again.
Also, never got to say this... thank you for fixing Marduk, the method of the "time stop" was simply horrible xD

I want to release 3 new heroes, hopefully this year