Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved How amx run on mysql?

Post New Thread Reply   

oldies
Old 05-09-2020 , 11:58   How amx run on mysql?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

i want to use amx on mysql, but i could not find any information about "what can run on mysql on behalf of amx." i mean if i move amx to mysql what settings i can manage on amx, (adding/deleting admins, keeping statistics on sql. etc. or amx fully manageable on sql.). Does amx.cfg will be on sql?

What amx features will be manageable on mysql?

Sorry for language, i hope you get it.

Last edited by oldies; 05-09-2020 at 15:42. Reason: Solved
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2020 , 12:24   Re: How amx run on mysql?
Reply With Quote #2

You can set up MySQL support by configuring your SQL settings in sql.cfg and then disable admin.amxx and enable admin_sql.amxx in plugins.ini.

It looks like only admin configuration is implemented in SQL unless you add other plugins that have SQL support.

Here is documentation for working with admins.

Last edited by fysiks; 05-09-2020 at 12:28.
oldies
Old 05-09-2020 , 14:57   Re: How amx run on mysql?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
You can set up MySQL support by configuring your SQL settings in sql.cfg and then disable admin.amxx and enable admin_sql.amxx in plugins.ini.

It looks like only admin configuration is implemented in SQL unless you add other plugins that have SQL support.

Here is documentation for working with admins.
Thank you for reply, so you say only admin configurations and plugins can be manageable on mysql, but amx it self is not run on mysql. To configure amx configuration i will still edit amxx.cfg file?. what about csstats?, i have no problem regarding moving to mysql or adding admins, i just want to know what features can be moved to sql, i am pretty good at sql, i do not want to deal with *.ini or *.cfg files.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2020 , 15:15   Re: How amx run on mysql?
Reply With Quote #4

Only users.ini is replaced by SQL when using the SQL variant of the Admin plugin. Everything else that comes with AMX Mod X is configured normally through files in the "<mod>/addons/amxmodx" folder. So, plugins are still managed by plugins.ini and other plugin configuration files. Try it out and see what tables and columns that it creates to verify for yourself what it is capable of doing.

Plugins aren't managed from SQL but a custom plugin can use SQL to store its own data if it's written to do so.

Last edited by fysiks; 05-09-2020 at 15:18.
oldies
Old 05-09-2020 , 15:40   Re: How amx run on mysql?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Only users.ini is replaced by SQL when using the SQL variant of the Admin plugin. Everything else that comes with AMX Mod X is configured normally through files in the "<mod>/addons/amxmodx" folder. So, plugins are still managed by plugins.ini and other plugin configuration files. Try it out and see what tables and columns that it creates to verify for yourself what it is capable of doing.

Plugins aren't managed from SQL but a custom plugin can use SQL to store its own data if it's written to do so.
Ok. Thank you, i think i understand you very well.