Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] BROFIST (1.2.1, June 20 2014)

Post New Thread Reply   

Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2014 , 04:20   Re: [TF2] BROFIST (1.2.1, June 20 2014)
Reply With Quote #31

I don't know if it was a glitch or something, but there used to be a random chance of GHOFIST instead of BROFIST with the HUD option.

You should make that happen again, cause it's funny.
Old 10-16-2014 , 04:25   Re: [TF2] BROFIST (1.2.1, June 20 2014)
Reply With Quote #32

Oh yeah...GHOFIST happened when at least one of the players was dead, 'cause of Ghost Mode. Good times.
Old 10-18-2014 , 12:28   Re: [TF2] BROFIST (1.2.1, June 20 2014)
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
Sounds like sv_pure...I've been hearing about a lot of weird things happening with it today.

I don't know any more than that, sorry. My server seems to be unaffected.

Wait...have you got the "particle" (read: sprite) enabled, or no? 16 added into the value of cvar "sm_brofist"?
...I enabled it by default even knowing about potential crashes. gg.
Im not sure its related to that, i mean, i was using it myself before the update and without any changes to the plugin cvar it just started crashing after that, it seems to my its more of a sound issue, which would make sense considering all the other broken plugins
YoNer
Old 10-27-2014 , 10:44   Re: [TF2] BROFIST (1.2.1, June 20 2014)
Reply With Quote #34

After October 15th update I started having issues with all plugins with custom sounds not playing any of them (an in the particular case of Brofist, just crashing the client as well)

I found a server running the quake sounds plugin (currently not working on my server) that had the quake tag, I entered and found the plugin was working there, so it had to be something on my server and not TF2.

I even found that I could not play the local copies of the quake sounds files on my computer using the play command from the console while connected to my server but I could if i was connected to the other server I had found, so guessed it was an sv_pure issue

I changed sv_pure on my server to -1 and everything was working. However , my server was on sv_pure 1 and had always been, I had not added any exceptions to the whitelist file and still all plugins using custom sounds worked great, so its something valve changed on sv_pure 1 that now broke the plugins, or maybe sv_pure now works as it should always have.

Other than setting sv_pure to -1 (or 0, i did not try that yet) Im having issues setting the whitelist file properly in order to get all plugins working again. Any ideas?
Seamusmario
Old 09-03-2023 , 12:09   Re: [TF2] BROFIST (1.2.1, June 20 2014)
Reply With Quote #35

Updated to support the Fist Bump taunt
Compiled in 1.12
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (brofist.sp - 35 views - 12.0 KB)
File Type: smx brofist.smx (11.6 KB, 14 views)