naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-26-2010 , 15:09   Re: [TF2] The Amplifier
Reply With Quote #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
I cann't compile:
Amplifier.sp(571) : error 017: undefined symbol "TFPlayerCond_Disguised"
Oops, sorry about that. Here is one that will compile.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (Amplifier.sp - 94 views - 33.1 KB)
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-26-2010 , 15:14   Re: [TF2] The Amplifier
Reply With Quote #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
P.S.I'm find how to do make AMP movable..how you can see...
I can move Amplifiers (and Repair Nodes) around with my version of the amplifier/repair node plugin. You need need to handle the player_builtobject event and if it fires for a building that is already an ampilifer, you need to fix the model (in CheckDisp())
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (amp_node.sp - 308 views - 71.2 KB)

Last edited by naris; 07-26-2010 at 15:30.
Geel9
Old 07-26-2010 , 20:26   Re: [TF2] The Amplifier
Reply With Quote #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by naris View Post
I can move Amplifiers (and Repair Nodes) around with my version of the amplifier/repair node plugin. You need need to handle the player_builtobject event and if it fires for a building that is already an ampilifer, you need to fix the model (in CheckDisp())
Please stop touting around that my plugin does not have the feature to be moved around. You CAN move the repair node around.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-26-2010 , 21:21   Re: [TF2] The Amplifier
Reply With Quote #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geel9 View Post
Please stop touting around that my plugin does not have the feature to be moved around. You CAN move the repair node around.
Nobody EVER "touted around that your plugin does not have the feature to be moved around", it was NEVER mentioned anywhere. Where ever did you get that idea?

Eggman said that AMPLIFIERS in his plugin apparently can't be moved, or something. I then replied that AMPLIFIERS and repair nodes can be moved around in the plugin I have, amp_node, that has both Amplifiers and repair nodes.

Last edited by naris; 07-26-2010 at 21:24.
Geel9
Old 07-26-2010 , 21:29   Re: [TF2] The Amplifier
Reply With Quote #155

Quote:
Nobody EVER "touted around that your plugin does not have the feature to be moved around", it was NEVER mentioned anywhere. Where ever did you get that idea?

Eggman said that AMPLIFIERS in his plugin apparently can't be moved, or something. I then replied that AMPLIFIERS and repair nodes can be moved around in the plugin I have, amp_node, that has both Amplifiers and repair nodes.
You were implying that your plugin had the ability to move the repair node where mine did not. There is no reason to say that Amplifiers AND repairnodes can be moved around unless you were trying to mislead people.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-26-2010 , 21:43   Re: [TF2] The Amplifier
Reply With Quote #156

Quote:
You were implying that your plugin had the ability to move the repair node where mine did not. There is no reason to say that Amplifiers AND repairnodes can be moved around unless you were trying to mislead people.
No, you assumption is complete and total BS. I never implied any such thing and definitely have never has ANY intention of misleading anyone.

Eggman was questioning about how to make his amplifier movable and I responded to his inquiry that the plugin that I have, that happens to include the functionality of BOTH The Amplifier AND the Repair Node, is movable.

NO WHERE DID I EVER IMPLY THAT YOUR PLUGIN LACKS SUCH FUNCTIONALITY.

Please be civil, learn reading comprehension and do not jump to unwarranted, ridiculous conclusions.

//Actually, if anything I implied that your plugin does have the ability to be moved around when I mentioned in an earlier post that it resets the model every 4 seconds

Last edited by naris; 07-26-2010 at 21:52.
Geel9
Old 07-26-2010 , 21:56   Re: [TF2] The Amplifier
Reply With Quote #157

Quote:

//Actually, if anything I implied that your plugin does have the ability to be moved around when I mentioned in an earlier post that it resets the model every 4 seconds
Well in response to your comment on how it "brute forces" it, the timer is due to the fact that the repair node would randomly and without a known trigger change back to the dispenser model.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-26-2010 , 22:08   Re: [TF2] The Amplifier
Reply With Quote #158

Quote:
Well in response to your comment on how it "brute forces" it, the timer is due to the fact that the repair node would randomly and without a known trigger change back to the dispenser model.
So far as I have seen with both The Amplifier and The Repair Node, it changes back to the dispenser model when being upgraded and/or moved and then again after the building/upgrading animation completes, especially for level 3s which have a longer animation.
Eggman
Old 07-27-2010 , 01:27   Re: [TF2] The Amplifier
Reply With Quote #159

The amp_node.sp is not good idea. I think we must forget it. Reason - independence. Do not ask me about a reason more.
P.S.Amplifier was not movied after self-upgrade to 3rd level. fixed on 2.1
Forsetti
Old 08-01-2010 , 09:50   Re: [TF2] The Amplifier
Reply With Quote #160

Quote:
You can't upgrade this building.
Any idea why I can upgrade the Amplifier?
Also, the mini crits settings and the "cost" in metal to trigger doesn't works for me.

I can move the Amplifier.

Thanks for all this good work.

Last edited by Forsetti; 08-01-2010 at 10:09.