Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SM_BEACON

Post New Thread Reply   

TechKnow
Old 11-25-2007 , 20:12   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #11

I think it would be a great addition to sourcemod base, now that I have repaird the timer error with version 0.3 , what I was really hoping is that it be able to be included in the sm_admin menu. BTW i thought you were dumping super menu and moving super commands to sm_admin menu and i didnt want to be left out.

TechKnow

Last edited by TechKnow; 11-25-2007 at 20:15.
tkaway69
Old 11-25-2007 , 22:28   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #12

Getting this error from beacon.
Code:
L 11/25/2007 - 21:01:34: SourceMod error session started
L 11/25/2007 - 21:01:34: Info (map "cs_office") (file "errors_20071125.log")
L 11/25/2007 - 21:01:34: Invalid timer handle b2fe0147 (error 1) on plugin beacon.smx during timer end
Using...
sourcemod_version "1.0.0.1725"
sm_beacon_version "0.1Beta"
sm_supermenu_version "0.42"
sm_supercmds_version "0.52"

Beacon Physically seems to be working fine just getting this error. Lots of times by the way. Like a log page full. One thing I dont understand. It says you added blue and ct rings at update 0.2. We have Blue and red beacons but it says I am using 0.1 beta?

[EDIT]
Fixed by downloading source. seems you have different versions in your download area.

Last edited by tkaway69; 11-25-2007 at 23:25.
Send a message via AIM to tkaway69 Send a message via MSN to tkaway69 Send a message via Yahoo to tkaway69
pRED*
Old 11-26-2007 , 00:59   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechKnow View Post
I think it would be a great addition to sourcemod base, now that I have repaird the timer error with version 0.3 , what I was really hoping is that it be able to be included in the sm_admin menu. BTW i thought you were dumping super menu and moving super commands to sm_admin menu and i didnt want to be left out.

TechKnow
I think you have misunderstood what the sm_admin menu and/or super menu do.

The sm_admin admin menu (part of the core package) has no list of items. It is up to plugins to add their own commands. Most of the core plugins now have code to add their respective commands to it and you will notice that if you disable one of the core plugins, all menu items related to it will no longer exist. You can have a look through the core plugins if you want examples of how to add this functionality to your plugins.

The downside of this is it offers very little configuration options for the server operator unless the coder specifically adds options.

The idea of super menu is it adds commands to the main menu as if it was done by the plugin but since it is entirely controlled by the text file smsuper.ini any and every minor detail can be changed to the server ops liking.
TechKnow
Old 11-26-2007 , 02:11   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #14

I have looked at the code for basefuncommands and adminmenu and it looks totally customizable, I could add them but I was more thinking is, it should be part of the core that when people install sourcemod. But all in all it is already wonderful that I can share my plugins with other sourcemod users. So I'm takin what ur givin because I enjoy being part in this wonderful world of sourcemod. Thank you for your time pRED*, I enjoy your work.

TechKnow

BTW.. SM_CHICKEN Is about 80% done and im looking at 24 to 48 hours untill versin 0.1 is released.
sessus
Old 11-26-2007 , 04:28   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #15

Just a little confused now: does this plugin integrate into the SM Admin menu or is this just a planned function?
Manni
Old 11-26-2007 , 09:05   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #16

I'm confused, too. One guy say this, one guy says that.

My Question is, is/are anyone of you working on a menu/file that will do things like the super commands e.g. sm_noclip, speed, kick, ban, etc...
into the MAIN source menu? I am confused of using two commands (2 binds) like sm_admin and sm_super to use different menus with different features. Can it not just be like MANI, all in one menu??
Send a message via ICQ to Manni
TechKnow
Old 11-26-2007 , 11:19   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #17

I thought pRED* was dumping super menu and moving super commands to sm_admin menu and i didnt want to be left out. I'm Guessing NOW he dont want to put any 3erd party plugins into the core of the sm_admin menu. And I was hopeing that all plugins get handeld with the sm_admin menu only.

But now I think we should dump sm_admin menu and let supermenu do it all and then rename supermenu to sm_admin. It is just too much work to update the sm_menu and it is a snap with supermenu!

I have only been using supermenu for everything for over 110 days, the only thing sm_menu is good for is repeat slap... thats it, and its not worth it, thats what spank 8X is for. My sm_menu plugin has always been in my DISABLED folder. Moreover it is bland, plain and borrrring.

TechKnow

Last edited by TechKnow; 11-26-2007 at 11:56.
pRED*
Old 11-26-2007 , 18:34   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #18

Nonononono.

I'm not adding *any* 3rd party plugins to the 'core' menu. It's up to plugins to add themselves. Thats how the core menu works.

What I am doing is porting sm_super_menu to add items to the core menu instead of sm_super menu.
TechKnow
Old 11-26-2007 , 18:55   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #19

a) I don't get it.

b) Isn't your super commands 3erd party?

c) Is the super commands going to show in the sm_admin?

d) Is everything in the super menu going to show up in sm_admin menu?

e) Is the items inserted in the super menu going to show up in sm_admin?

f) Are we being forced to use 2 menus if we want to use super menu for 3erd party plugins and if we want to use your super commands?

g) MORE QUESTIONS LATER....

TechKnow
pRED*
Old 11-26-2007 , 19:07   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #20

a) Gutted.

b) Yes, it is.

c) Only if you add them using super menu.

d) Yes

e) Same as d)? so yes.

f) No sm_super doesn't exist any more. Only sm_admin will be used

g) I can't wait... In the mean time read the super menu thread and see if you can figure it out. I've uploaded a test release of the new super menu