Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121

Post New Thread Reply   

thevisad
Old 04-26-2010 , 16:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #661

Hmmm, I am pretty sure I just found the issue... I had a problem with a corrupted config.php file in the web folder, the end of the file was cut off and it was missing the trailing PHP closing remark causing the issue. I pulled one out of the backup and restored it and it appears the site is working correctly again.
panda82
Old 04-26-2010 , 16:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #662

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevisad View Post
Repeatedly... The machine, the servers, services, I have killed everything on the server and restarted the web services as well ( I am using a LAMP stack ). I started noticing a noticeable lag in the game after the last patch and couldn't figure out why. I began looking at the server and found my CPU holding at 100%. I began looking into the issue and noticed that the only thing that seems to be slow is this site and only certain aspects of it. Since L4D2 loads this each time a player loads into the server and there possibility of them browsing for a second, it has been killing the server and now I am only able to run 8 when I stop displaying this page on launch.
Killing L4D2 does not seem to affect the server response in anyway. Do I need to do something with the databases to resolve this? I have never touched them since the day it was installed, other to upgrade/update when this thread was.

Zombies Killed: 6,707,581
Players Served: 37,406

I have not pruned any data, I have the config file set to 1 month to clean players.
I did run a repair and optimization on the tables.

Players Online works fine.
Player Rankings is slow to load but loads fine.
Coop/Realism/Versus/Scavenge/Survival/Server/Player stats and Timed Maps takes a long time (30-60 seconds), spikes the HTTPD process and exits to a white page.

The site page is
http://steam.hngamers.com/l4d2/awards.php

sry I answer to you but I think you should add Everyone users Full Control to the award_chache.html... If im not wrong.
.=QUACK=.Major.pain
Old 04-26-2010 , 17:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #663

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevisad View Post
Repeatedly... The machine, the servers, services, I have killed everything on the server and restarted the web services as well ( I am using a LAMP stack ). I started noticing a noticeable lag in the game after the last patch and couldn't figure out why. I began looking at the server and found my CPU holding at 100%. I began looking into the issue and noticed that the only thing that seems to be slow is this site and only certain aspects of it. Since L4D2 loads this each time a player loads into the server and there possibility of them browsing for a second, it has been killing the server and now I am only able to run 8 when I stop displaying this page on launch.
Killing L4D2 does not seem to affect the server response in anyway. Do I need to do something with the databases to resolve this? I have never touched them since the day it was installed, other to upgrade/update when this thread was.

Zombies Killed: 6,707,581
Players Served: 37,406

I have not pruned any data, I have the config file set to 1 month to clean players.
I did run a repair and optimization on the tables.

Players Online works fine.
Player Rankings is slow to load but loads fine.
Coop/Realism/Versus/Scavenge/Survival/Server/Player stats and Timed Maps takes a long time (30-60 seconds), spikes the HTTPD process and exits to a white page.

The site page is
http://steam.hngamers.com/l4d2/awards.php

We had similiar issues with many of the pages loading slow. I manually went in and pruned our players down to the top 100 and continued from there with new players.
Everything has run great after doing this and optimizing the database.

When you get too many players in the database, you will start seeing longer page loads and high CPU usage. We have a rented server for our website, and our host suspended our account because the database got to large and the queries began overloading the CPU.

Not sure on the coding part, but the code may need to be altered to minimize the queries or you have to prune the players.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2010 , 02:59   [PRE] [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B69
Reply With Quote #664

You can use this to start collecting data from Realism Versus. I have not done all the changes to the webstats just yet, so I'll upload them later on.

New CVARs:
  • l4d_stats_enablerealismvs (default = "1") [L4D2] Enable/Disable realism versus stat tracking
  • l4d_stats_realismvsmultiplier_s (default = "1.4") [L4D2] Realism score multiplier for survivors versus score
  • l4d_stats_realismvsmultiplier_i (default = "0.6") [L4D2] Realism score multiplier for infected versus score
  • l4d_stats_medkitpenaltyfree_r (default = "4") Team Survivors can use this many Medkits for free without any reduction to the score when playing in Realism gamemodes (-1 = use the value in l4d_stats_medkitpenaltyfree)
I wanted to decrease the team infected score while playing Realism Versus, because their job is a lot easier in that gamemode. Also at the same time the survivors job is a lot harder, so I wanted to increase their score.

There are some major changes in the core, so you may want to run tests before going live. My own testing did not find any errors, but you might.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (1.4B69.sp - 349 views - 307.9 KB)
File Type: zip updatetable.zip (4.6 KB, 132 views)

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.

Last edited by muukis; 04-27-2010 at 03:02.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2010 , 04:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by .=QUACK=.Major.pain View Post
Could it not be done in php from the web page side?
Maybe have it check and compare the date, and run the clean players(the same one that can be done from the game admin commands list) command on the 1st of every month?
I'll add this to the webstats. Is this what you wanted?
Attached Files
File Type: zip cleandb.php.RENAME.zip (970 Bytes, 120 views)

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
NaRyan
Old 04-27-2010 , 14:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #666

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
It will be handy for me in the future
I just tested it before I done a total reset on the stats (as it was taking ages to load them)
And it dropped about 9,000 players without any hassle.

Thanks for that little addon.
titan_rw
Old 04-27-2010 , 16:54   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #667

Quote:
We had similiar issues with many of the pages loading slow. I manually went in and pruned our players down to the top 100 and continued from there with new players.
Everything has run great after doing this and optimizing the database.

When you get too many players in the database, you will start seeing longer page loads and high CPU usage. We have a rented server for our website, and our host suspended our account because the database got to large and the queries began overloading the CPU.

Not sure on the coding part, but the code may need to be altered to minimize the queries or you have to prune the players.

I've been surprised at how well this scales. We don't have any expirey set on players, either time wise, or top X wise. We've got 98,000 players in l4d2, and 55,000 in l4d1. The only thing that seems to be broken is the timed maps page. I haven't looked at it in quite a while, so haven't even started to investigate why.

This is over 30 l4d 1/2 servers reporting to a central stats server. Works quite well. The l4d1 stats were started back in September of 2009 I think. Aside from the timed maps page, everything else seems to load pretty quick.

http://l4d1stats.tehnullage.com

and

http://l4d2stats.tehnullage.com
.=QUACK=.Major.pain
Old 04-27-2010 , 20:04   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #668

Quote:
Should do the job.
Setup a monthly cron job with that if I can figure it out. LOL
Shouldn't be too much of a big deal.
.=QUACK=.Major.pain
Old 04-27-2010 , 20:05   Re: [PRE] [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B69
Reply With Quote #669

Quote:
You can use this to start collecting data from Realism Versus. I have not done all the changes to the webstats just yet, so I'll upload them later on.

New CVARs:
  • l4d_stats_enablerealismvs (default = "1") [L4D2] Enable/Disable realism versus stat tracking
  • l4d_stats_realismvsmultiplier_s (default = "1.4") [L4D2] Realism score multiplier for survivors versus score
  • l4d_stats_realismvsmultiplier_i (default = "0.6") [L4D2] Realism score multiplier for infected versus score
  • l4d_stats_medkitpenaltyfree_r (default = "4") Team Survivors can use this many Medkits for free without any reduction to the score when playing in Realism gamemodes (-1 = use the value in l4d_stats_medkitpenaltyfree)
I wanted to decrease the team infected score while playing Realism Versus, because their job is a lot easier in that gamemode. Also at the same time the survivors job is a lot harder, so I wanted to increase their score.

There are some major changes in the core, so you may want to run tests before going live. My own testing did not find any errors, but you might.
Question about plugin name: do we rename it or just upload it to work along the original plugin?
NaRyan
Old 04-27-2010 , 22:43   Re: [PRE] [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B69
Reply With Quote #670

Quote:
Question about plugin name: do we rename it or just upload it to work along the original plugin?
I just done a replacement of the older version.
Deleted older one, uploaded new one, started servers back up.
And all it working fine...