Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

HL2:DM [CUSTOM] Roleplay v3.2.35n - Original by Pinkfairie/Krim - Edited by Nick

Post New Thread Reply   

Monkeys
Veteran Member
Old 09-06-2011 , 20:17   Re: HL2:DM [CUSTOM] Roleplay v3.2.2n - Original by Pinkfairie/Krim - Edited by Nick
Reply With Quote #221

You do realise that had been done ages ago, right?

You, and anyone for that matter, have no right to talk about "copying" any form or way when talking about HL2DM RP.

Hell, the way it's going right now, the entire thing should be banned from these forums.
or he's gonna feed all night.
trooper196
Old 09-17-2011 , 09:36   Re: HL2:DM [CUSTOM] Roleplay v3.2.2n - Original by Pinkfairie/Krim - Edited by Nick
Reply With Quote #222

nick you did copy from masters mod, master had this idea ages ago before you implanted it in your mod code might be different but the idea isent
[GR]Nick
BANNED
Old 09-17-2011 , 22:56   Re: HL2:DM [CUSTOM] Roleplay v3.2.2n - Original by Pinkfairie/Krim - Edited by Nick
Reply With Quote #223

This is open source. Anyone can script. You can say all you want, its not copying. And honestly, you should all be very happy for this free mod. This mod is whats keeping most roleplay servers still alive. So I don't know how to respond to you saying "you copied master". I cant imagine how much money has been made off from my mod from setting up vip jobs to paying for cop (probably way more money than what I made in roleplay donations). So why do I script roleplay in the first place? Because I enjoy scripting, its something that I like to do and a lot of logic/thinking comes in when I script. Every update is challenging and creating something that you never thought that could be done is just really amazing. One last thing is that this scripting is in the form of c++, which may help me in the long run.

The fact of the matter is, no one should be saying anything with copying and enjoy what you have.

Last edited by [GR]Nick; 09-18-2011 at 00:08.
SpaceBass
Old 10-04-2011 , 14:29   Re: HL2:DM [CUSTOM] Roleplay v3.2.2n - Original by Pinkfairie/Krim - Edited by Nick
Reply With Quote #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by [GR]Nick View Post
This is open source. Anyone can script. You can say all you want, its not copying. And honestly, you should all be very happy for this free mod. This mod is whats keeping most roleplay servers still alive. So I don't know how to respond to you saying "you copied master". I cant imagine how much money has been made off from my mod from setting up vip jobs to paying for cop (probably way more money than what I made in roleplay donations). So why do I script roleplay in the first place? Because I enjoy scripting, its something that I like to do and a lot of logic/thinking comes in when I script. Every update is challenging and creating something that you never thought that could be done is just really amazing. One last thing is that this scripting is in the form of c++, which may help me in the long run.

The fact of the matter is, no one should be saying anything with copying and enjoy what you have.
I actually appreciate Nicks work in learning and extending this RP version and do agree with him. I have used a lot of his features in the RCS script and of course have you credited ;)

All of those talking about copying, so what. Expanding a script to be better is all that matters and the knowledge and experience gained during it. He allows it to the public and free of charge. Not that any plugin can be of charge or they would be breaching the license.

I am pretty sure ANY RP script in HL2M is based on the Krims & Pinkie V2 or V3 base and if dynamic, the dynamic features from Alm's version of V2 base that got around.
Master53
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2011 , 15:42   Re: HL2:DM [CUSTOM] Roleplay v3.2.2n - Original by Pinkfairie/Krim - Edited by Nick
Reply With Quote #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBass View Post
I am pretty sure ANY RP script in HL2M is based on the Krims & Pinkie V2 or V3 base and if dynamic, the dynamic features from Alm's version of V2 base that got around.
I dont think so, i had built mine from the ground up therefore this statement is false.

Washy
Old 10-11-2011 , 00:50   Re: HL2:DM [CUSTOM] Roleplay v3.2.2n - Original by Pinkfairie/Krim - Edited by Nick
Reply With Quote #226

hey nick, thanks for the mod. everything works great except that the server crashes on a regular basis. i took out all non essential plugins and narrowed it down to the rp mod. i found out that removing all the roleplay data fixes this problem, but i dont want to have to start all over with all my player's items and money. what in the roleplay data would cause the server to crash on a regular basis? also i decided to remove all the saved props on the map, which added about an hour and a half to the average uptime of the server. if i could just keep the save.txt and the npcs i would be happy.
[GR]Nick
BANNED
Old 10-11-2011 , 15:31   Re: HL2:DM [CUSTOM] Roleplay v3.2.2n - Original by Pinkfairie/Krim - Edited by Nick
Reply With Quote #227

Im pretty sure its not the mod. Its been tested for many hours. Most likely it's that the server can only handle 2048 entities. So, money dropped are entities, and if they don't get picked up over time, the entities amount increases and gets closer to 2048. The server will crash if the number of entities exceeds 2048. So, yea, cutting down saved props helps. I would have the server switched to the same map every 2 hours. This is so all the money entities are cleared.

I also started up my demo server which is up for sale!

184.82.116.12:27016

I will be watching it and will try to figure out the causes of any crashes. I really think its the max entities. Probably why all rp servers crash from time to time.

Also, please take into consideration of the map. Entities in the map are counted to. So type "rcon report_entities" in console to see the amount.

Last edited by [GR]Nick; 10-11-2011 at 15:34.
Monkeys
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2011 , 04:37   Re: HL2:DM [CUSTOM] Roleplay v3.2.2n - Original by Pinkfairie/Krim - Edited by Nick
Reply With Quote #228

It could be a memory leak.
More save data = more memory used at once, so crashing will happen a lot faster.
or he's gonna feed all night.
Mojo142
Old 10-28-2011 , 11:55   Re: HL2:DM [CUSTOM] Roleplay v3.2.2n - Original by Pinkfairie/Krim - Edited by Nick
Reply With Quote #229

Washy's problem was solved the problem was SourceOP Crashing all the time.
Hosting from $0.79/-89 slot

@ www.UNITServers.com

Mojo.
Syle22
Old 11-02-2011 , 23:41   Re: HL2:DM [CUSTOM] Roleplay v3.2.2n - Original by Pinkfairie/Krim - Edited by Nick
Reply With Quote #230

oh my god thank you for the file Lister