Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

OLD - SEE SMAC SUBFORUM SourceMod Anti Cheat - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)

Post New Thread Reply   

Kigen
BANNED
Old 09-19-2010 , 02:58   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #31

Hi GoD-Tony.

I would love to address the concerns and reasoning behind it and talk about it. If you can, just post it on the official website and we can discuss it there. I would rather not risk feeding the trolls here.

Regards,
- Kigen
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-19-2010 , 03:27   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.3
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigen View Post
If you feel that strongly about the network feature then you are free to make a topic on the official website containing your modified version and provide support for it there. However, I would appreciate it if you respected my request to remove the copy from this website. It is obvious that the hostility here is just plain stupid. I no longer wish to support this website because it obviously stands for corruption and flaming at anyone they disagree with.

p.s., I've gone over the reason why a non-networked version will not be provided. It has been beaten into the ground. Just do searches on my site.
http://www.kigenac.com/viewtopic.php?p=1736#p1736
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider
Not trying to step on your toes ...
I implied nothing other than the one authorized KAC version of the plugin.
Modified versions of KAC are unsupported and support is not provided here.
No modified or sockets free version of KAC will be provided or supplied.
No posting of modified versions of KAC will be allowed on these forums.
Please refer to my previous post.

~ Locked
[IMG]http://img443.**************/img443/517/santicheatviewtopicnons.png[/IMG]

Contradictions aside, if you don't mind thetwistedpanda I'd like to take a crack at it as well
nightrider
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-19-2010 , 04:03   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #33

Hopefully Greentryst I won't get banned for respectfully voicing my opinion ... lol
I do understand your concerns on an intentional exploit being coded and forum linked.
Certainly Allied modders rules would need to be followed here.

Kyle12
That was some time ago.
No contradiction was present on Wed Jan 27, 2010
At that date & time Kigen specifically requested that support be provided to the authorized network only version of KAC.
Specifically he had no wish to support a parallel no network version of the plugin.

Kigen's more recent post mentions a modification to his position in order to offer support.

I'm honestly not trying to piss in anyone's pool, but trying to help a difficult situation.

Last edited by nightrider; 09-19-2010 at 04:48.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-19-2010 , 05:38   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
Kyle12
That was some time ago.
No contradiction was present on Wed Jan 27, 2010
At that date & time Kigen specifically requested that support be provided to the authorized network only version of KAC.
Specifically he had no wish to support a parallel no network version of the plugin. Kigen's more recent post mentions a modification to his position in order to offer support.
Fair enough, I was under the impression that what was posted had remained constant. From your initial post (before the edit), I was rather lost. I'm glad I waited
Quote:
I'm honestly not trying to piss in anyone's pool, but trying to help a difficult situation.
I highly doubt you'll be banned for going against the supposed grain. I used to be on the *KAC Band Wagon* so to speak, until I saw that a company had emerged, along with numerous game servers. Then the planned idea for advertising inside of KAC to donate (which would be against the AM plugin guidelines) really set the tone for where this was going. This is all behind us, though. Right now the situation is to either keep Kigen's plugin on AM (where Kigen doesn't have to support it at all), or remove all traces of it and move it to his own home page where traffic will be lost (which would obviously include Donations). It makes little sense to remove it from AM since there has been no hostility, rather just questions being asked. You surely know the rest.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 09-19-2010 , 08:39   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #35

And I repeat, If a client uses the non-network version and has an issue, I've posted a little request in the original topic for them to post here. If I can confirm that the bug is directly related to the network being disabled, I'll handle the issue. Otherwise, well, I'm going to send them your way because it's still your plugin, you just refuse to support it on these forums and a non-networked version. Anyone who can see the code can clearly see what network.sp does, none of which affects a client except for checking your Master Server and updating the plugin. If the date comes where this changes, I'll certainly change my view on such, but not until then.

TBH if you have such an issue with it, I'm fairly certain the GPL would let me maintain original credits, change the name to something along the lines of SM Anti Cheat, and support a separate branch of the plugin on these forums that doesn't force your opinion upon clients.

And what, no 300 joke? I'm losing faith in humanity, that was a clear setup.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 09-19-2010 at 08:44.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 09-19-2010 , 11:55   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
And what, no 300 joke?
Matthias Vance
Old 09-19-2010 , 12:09   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #37

Kigen, could you please stop complaining about any hostility?

We just asked a few questions about why you needed $300 / month for your plugin.
Read more about that here : http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=137455.

At first I was just interested about the "why" until you started to hide your intentions by (permanently) deleting posts, and was proven that you also ran a lot of gameservers on your "master server". Now I understand the "why".

Last edited by Matthias Vance; 09-19-2010 at 12:13.
jake84
Old 09-19-2010 , 13:00   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #38

Mattias, I think a lot of the donations he got was used to purchase games aswell. I'm only speculating but Kigen got most of the games availiable at his steam account. Only true gamers or playtesters has that many games.

Also, I believe he said somewhere that he spent hundreds of dollars buying cheats. That must be a lie, becuase there is no way to check if a client has cheats loaded, so why on earth do that?

I'm sorry but I'm also one of those that think the money he was asking for was used for wrong purposes. 300/month is a lot, kigen. Get a job or find cheaper alternatives.
Greentryst
WHAT MORE DO THEY WANT?!
Old 09-19-2010 , 16:36   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Hopefully Greentryst I won't get banned for respectfully voicing my opinion ... lol
I haven't seen any reason to restrict anyone from this discussion yet. And from what I've seen, you're trying to be very careful and diplomatic with your posts. That is good for everybody.

Kigen, on the other hand, has the audacity to suggest that I am indiscriminately trolling. (Bet he thought I wouldn't read that either.) This after he sent me a PM asking me to remove moderator rights from Matthias Vance.

It's particularly interesting that Kigen, of all people, would claim I didn't do my research, because research is exactly why I acted in Kigen's favor two years ago.
Send a message via ICQ to Greentryst Send a message via AIM to Greentryst Send a message via MSN to Greentryst Send a message via Yahoo to Greentryst Send a message via Skype™ to Greentryst
nightrider
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-19-2010 , 17:37   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentryst View Post
I haven't seen any reason to restrict anyone from this discussion yet. And from what I've seen, you're trying to be very careful and diplomatic with your posts. That is good for everybody.
Yes precisely... Thanks for understanding
I see no reason that any issue can't be resolved peacefully and respectfully.
It takes more effort to work things out, but in the end it's not wasted energy.

psychonic your subtle 300 reference was not lost on me.
made me laugh in a good way ...
I like intelligent humor

ok enough of my silly rambling, you have the idea ...
Back on topic

Last edited by nightrider; 09-19-2010 at 19:26.