Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

OLD - SEE SMAC SUBFORUM SourceMod Anti Cheat - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)

Post New Thread Reply   

Kigen
BANNED
Old 09-18-2010 , 02:49   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.3
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentryst View Post
No.
lol?
bobdole
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-18-2010 , 10:03   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.3
Reply With Quote #22

i whould rather he didnt, that way if your site goes down people can still get the plugin and code.

i love how you say your never coming back here then all of a sudden come back with these ridiculous things
jake84
Old 09-18-2010 , 10:19   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.3
Reply With Quote #23

It's called 'crawling back'.
Maybe add the v1.2.1.4? There is nothing new in it, but still...
nightrider
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-18-2010 , 14:56   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.3
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdole View Post
i love how you say your never coming back here then all of a sudden come back with these ridiculous things
Please, please stop the trolling and bashing as it is not productive.

I believe it is perfectly legitimate for Kigen to request support be maintained here for a modified version of this plugin code.
support requests can not be addressed on his own site for a modified version that he is not directly involved in.
It's simply a mater of providing accurate replies to questions on the plugin.

Last edited by nightrider; 09-18-2010 at 15:01.
Greentryst
WHAT MORE DO THEY WANT?!
Old 09-18-2010 , 19:30   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.3
Reply With Quote #25

Ha ha ha! Oh nightrider, you card. Here, let me show you the latest problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigen View Post
Then please tell them to gain support from you instead of me. lol
Quote:
Also, can you directly link the build .smx and Source code. I would rather people downloading the unedited version from the official site.
Can't have it both ways.

Oh, and while I'm at it, there's no way in hell anybody is linking to any .smx files anywhere. Have you already forgotten the UAIO debacle? I will ban anybody who links to an .smx, whether they are a guest or an administrator.

Last edited by Greentryst; 09-18-2010 at 19:35.
Send a message via ICQ to Greentryst Send a message via AIM to Greentryst Send a message via MSN to Greentryst Send a message via Yahoo to Greentryst Send a message via Skype™ to Greentryst
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 09-18-2010 , 19:41   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.3
Reply With Quote #26

Kigen, you can either support your plugin on these forums again and have this topic deleted, or deal with me providing both forms of the plugin to users on these forums. I don't know why you refuse to support a non-networked version, but people should have the right to decide who is banned in their own servers. I will attempt to keep both versions updated on these forums until you decide to return, but I won't link to the .smx hosted on your site for various reasons (the most obvious one defeating the purpose of bringing this plugin back to Allied Modders). And as far as you not supporting the non-networked version, unless you can tell me specific issues that might arise from having the network disabled, other then not having to check if a user is banned on your "Master Server", I'll still send them your way unless the bug is an obvious issue to the network version being disabled.
Old 09-18-2010 , 22:30   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #27

Holy !#@$ing flame wars....
Stop this madness
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 09-18-2010 , 23:07   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.4
Reply With Quote #28

<in before 300 joke>

Getting back on topic, updated plugin to v1.2.1.4
Old 09-19-2010 , 02:23   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.3
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentryst View Post
Ha ha ha! Oh nightrider, you card. Here, let me show you the latest problem.

Can't have it both ways.

Oh, and while I'm at it, there's no way in hell anybody is linking to any .smx files anywhere. Have you already forgotten the UAIO debacle? I will ban anybody who links to an .smx, whether they are a guest or an administrator.
First, I was asking that he provide support for the version he MODIFIED. I still would support the unedited version. Try reading before posting.

Second, I do believe that I have been providing this plugin to everyone for YEARS from my private website. The plugin has to be compiled before being released as the forum compiler won't work either way. Anyway, source code is provided at the official website. My integrity is not the one in question here.

Given the hostility that Allied Modders Administrators and Moderators have shown I respectfully request that this post be unapproved as this is not an official distribution.

Anyone wishing to obtain a copy of KAC may do so from the official website.

http://www.kigenac.com/
http://www.kigenac.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=231

@ thetwistedpanda, I understand your desire to help the community. I really do. If you feel that strongly about the network feature then you are free to make a topic on the official website containing your modified version and provide support for it there. However, I would appreciate it if you respected my request to remove the copy from this website. It is obvious that the hostility here is just plain stupid. I no longer wish to support this website because it obviously stands for corruption and flaming at anyone they disagree with.

p.s., I've gone over the reason why a non-networked version will not be provided. It has been beaten into the ground. Just do searches on my site.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 09-19-2010 , 02:53   Re: Kigen's Anti Cheat, v1.2.1.3
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
I've gone over the reason why a non-networked version will not be provided. It has been beaten into the ground. Just do searches on my site.
I decided to check this out and see the reason behind this.

From this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigen
the global banlist isn't forced. You can simply not use KAC. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigen
You are not forced to use KAC. So thus in reference you are not forced to use the global banlist. There are other projects out there as well and I am not here to please everyone (as that is impossible).
I'm not too sure about that reasoning. Adding a simple 0/1 cvar for the global banlist would have been a great addition. This is the first time I've installed KAC on my server because I didn't want to use the "global banlist feature" that is forced in the official release.

It's a great plugin, Kigen. I really don't see the harm in someone posting the plugin on AM with a feature that is such high demand. Of course with the full credits included, I think that is what open-source is all about.

Last edited by GoD-Tony; 09-19-2010 at 02:56.