12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121

Post New Thread Reply   

Danny_l4d
Old 03-10-2010 , 16:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by .=QUACK=.Major.pain View Post
Doesn't seem to be connecting from what I see in the errors.
Why are you running this on your computer and not on a server?
Seems your making things more difficult.
mabye true... about making it more difficult.... want to do it right but everything is against me
but no money to put the game on a server... so thought why not put it on own computer...

what can I do to make it work... do you have some options for me?

thx
Danny
.=QUACK=.Major.pain
Old 03-10-2010 , 17:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #472

Game servers are cheap.
We only pay $11.92 I think a month.

You can compare prices for hosts at this site I used: http://www.bestrankedsites.net/games...verprices.html

And if looking for server host reviews, http://www.bestrankedsites.net/gameserverhosts/

I used these sites and went with xfactor.
Servers has been awesome and cheapest.
crazytina
Old 03-10-2010 , 19:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #473

Just want say thank you again seem working good

http://www.rizingspirit.com

Last edited by crazytina; 03-22-2010 at 05:18.
.=QUACK=.Major.pain
Old 03-10-2010 , 19:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #474

Well done.
Nice page.
Danny_l4d
Old 03-10-2010 , 19:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #475

ok.. thx I will look it up.... xfactor cannot use.. from The netherlands.. and then my ping would be high..
gamesrvers mabye... but how does it work? do you have xfire?

dont want to bother you more then I need to but I got rid of some errors...you can delete that rank is working YES!!!

only have these left when I click on player list... and some others when I click on it all undefined..

Notice: Undefined index: page in D:\wamp\www\l4d\playerlist.php on line 19

Notice: Undefined index: page in D:\wamp\www\l4d\playerlist.php on line 20

thx
Danny

Last edited by Danny_l4d; 03-10-2010 at 22:17.
mustafata
Old 03-12-2010 , 17:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #476

Danny_l4d, man i am reading your posts now and i see u were struggling with the same problems as me ... i am a total newbie when it comes to databese and PHP, and every single post i read in my struggle to understand what to do despairs me more and more ... i just cant understand how to make all of this work, so please could u be so kind to explain to me .
I have downloaded XAMPP, which is something like the WAMP you mentioned, it has PHP, MySQL and other things in it. But that is the only thing i can do :O don't know what is my next step. Oh yes and one more thing, im just interested on the ingame part of the plugin, i don't plan on using the website feature (i just want the ingame rank feature, and zombie kills, and headshots those things) , please help !

P.S.
If u are willing to help me it might not be a bad idea to use a different method of communication, because we will flood the thread with chat ...

Last edited by mustafata; 03-12-2010 at 17:22.
Danny_l4d
Old 03-12-2010 , 22:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #477

Hi Mustafata,

I can only help you with WAMP the rest I really dont know...
but if you switch to wamp just instal it the put it online (tought left mouse bottom option)
1: donwload these stats http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=748464 there the otherones...
2: put them in a folder "l4d" and put this map in the WAMP directory and then the map "www"
3: fill this in database.cfg in your left4dead/addons/sourcemod/config if I am correct

"l4dstats"
{
"driver" "mysql"
"host" "local"
"database" "mysql"
"user" "root"
"pass" ""

}

4: then you go to the "www" folder edit config.example.php to config.php open it with wordpad MFC and put there also you info from you data base..
then run from WAMP localhost site... click on the "l4d" map
Run the createtable.php script from a web broswer. Delete this file if the tables are created successfully.

5: restart server... look in there if you see any errors if not i would work... thats what I did.. only problem you will have are the last post of me.. some errors in PHP script

mabye this will help you..

PPS: this I did when the server and WAMP are on the same home computer..

Danny
mustafata
Old 03-13-2010 , 03:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #478

First of all thank you Danny for trying to help, I followed your instructions step by step and i have reached some problems i cant get pass.
On point 4 you told me to "4: then you go to the "www" folder edit config.example.php to config.php open it with wordpad MFC and put there also you info from you data base.."
What info is that exactly ? Is it the same as in the database.cfg file ?
That's how i've set them for now but it doesn't seem to work :
$mysql_server = "127.0.0.1";
$mysql_db = "l4dstats";
$mysql_user = "root";
$mysql_password = "";

After that, when i do "then run from WAMP localhost site... click on the "l4d" map" ,when i click on the "l4d" in my case its "L4D2STATS" it says that :
"Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\L4D2STATS\index.php on line 37
Delete the file createtable.php before running webstats!"

When i remove createtable.php it says that i need to remove updatetable.php too, but i havent even started them !
I tried to put in the browser the direct path to createtable.php "127.0.0.1/L4D2STATS/createtable.php", and it runs but it says :
Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\wamp\www\L4D2STATS\createtable.php on line 19
No database selected
No database selected
No database selected
No database selected
No database selected
No database selected
No database selected
[OPTIONAL] Download latest GeoIPCountryCSV.zip, unzip it to the web stats folder and run updatetable.php
[OPTIONAL] Download latest GeoLiteCity_YYYYMMDD.zip (CSV format), unzip it (two files) to the web stats folder and run updatetable.php
[OPTIONAL] Download latest GeoLiteCity_YYYYMMDD.zip (CSV format), unzip it (two files) to the web stats folder and run updatetable.php
All tables created successfully!

What should i do
Danny_l4d
Old 03-13-2010 , 06:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #479

Isee that I have 1 mistake..

the one in "host" has to be the name "localhost" and not "local"

"l4dstats"
{

"driver" "mysql"
"host" "local"
"database" "mysql"
"user" "root"
"pass" ""

}
after you put in createtable.php... in webbrowser.. delete it and delete updatetable.php form the folder or move them and try then

Danny
mustafata
Old 03-13-2010 , 10:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #480

Again
Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\wamp\www\L4D2STATS\createtable.php on line 19
No database selected

No database selected

No database selected

No database selected

No database selected

No database selected

No database selected

[OPTIONAL] Download latest GeoIPCountryCSV.zip, unzip it to the web stats folder and run updatetable.php
All tables created successfully!

Same problem ...
I've read in some forum that the problem for that error is (the "no database selected" error) "account didn't have proper permissions to access the db" whatever that means ... i hope that helps someone, to help me :
Anyone ? Please ...