Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SourceMod reserved slots clarifications

Post New Thread Reply   

Esparko
Old 04-08-2012 , 16:22   SourceMod reserved slots clarifications
Reply With Quote #1

I don't quite understand the wording of the reserved slot plugin that comes with sourcemod.

Code:
// Specifies how the reserved slots plugin operates. Valid values are:
// 0 : Public slots are used in preference to reserved slots. Reserved slots are freed before public slots.
// 1 : If someone with reserve access joins into a reserved slot, the player with the highest latency and 
// no reserved slot access (spectator players are selected first) is kicked to make room. Thus, the reserved
// slots always remains free. The only situation where the reserved slot(s) can become properly occupied is 
// if the server is full with reserve slot access clients.
// --
// Requires: reservedslots.smx
// Default: 0
sm_reserve_type 1
// Specifies the number of reserved player slots.  Users with the reservation
// admin flag set will be able to join the server when there are no public slots
// remaining. If someone does not have this flag, they will be kicked.
// (Public slots are defined as: maxplayers - number of reserved slots)
// --
sm_reserved_slots 1
// Specifies whether or not reserved slots will be hidden (subtracted from max
// slot count). Valid values are 0 (Visible) or 1 (Hidden).
// --
sm_hide_slots 0
If I use this plugin does it mean that all the public spaces by default, can be used by reserved slots?
I set sm_reserved_slots to 12 once and I inadvertently kick half the server.
Is there a way with this plugin to set it so that the maximum number of reserved clients can be 12 but at the same time doesn't always take up 12 public slots in the server?

e.g. 24 slots filled with public players, then 12 reserved players can come in afterwards and boot them out. I don't want the server to automatically reserve 12 reserved slots leaving half the server empty at max.
recon0
Veteran Member
Old 04-08-2012 , 16:53   Re: SourceMod reserved slots clarifications
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esparko View Post
e.g. 24 slots filled with public players, then 12 reserved players can come in afterwards and boot them out. I don't want the server to automatically reserve 12 reserved slots leaving half the server empty at max.
That's not something the base plugin will do.

Most servers have one or two reserved slots with sm_reserve_type 1. When people with reserved slots join the server and use one of those slots, someone without a reserved slot will be kicked. If enough people with reserved slots join, everyone else will get kicked. That is something the base plugin will do; however, if you want a limit on the number of people who will get kicked to make room for people with reserved slots, you'll have to find different plugin. (And that's a pretty odd requirement, so you'll probably have to write/get a custom plugin.)

Last edited by recon0; 04-08-2012 at 16:55.
Esparko
Old 04-08-2012 , 22:48   Re: SourceMod reserved slots clarifications
Reply With Quote #3

Hm, so then with this:

sm_reserve_type 1
sm_reserved_slots 1
sm_hide_slots 1

those settings mean that at most, only one donor can go on the server at a time and the server will always be 23/24 until that happens? Or is it how it works is that I should have a 25/24 server and set the reserved slot as a hidden slot which acts a slot so that it can funnel donors into the server?
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2012 , 03:20   Re: SourceMod reserved slots clarifications
Reply With Quote #4

With those setting, it will be full 24/24 when host +maxplayers 25 server.

Donators need then connect server using console command (or anytime even empty server),
connect IP:port

Now one more player can still connect full server, 25/24.
And when player is fully in, reservedslots kick one public player out from server to making room for donator or admin, server is back 24/24.

Last edited by Bacardi; 04-09-2012 at 03:21.
Esparko
Old 04-11-2012 , 17:02   Re: SourceMod reserved slots clarifications
Reply With Quote #5

Ah okay.
One thing with the reserved slot is, if I have replay should i make it a 24 slot server with 2 hidden slots?

I asked my provider to include -replay on the command line so technically the server shouldn't count the replay as a slot, right?
Right now i have a 24 slot server with 1 hidden slot on a replay enabled server and people are still getting kicked despite the fact that I'm pretty certain no new reserved slot members are joining the server. They're already in the server to begin with.

Should I just bump it up to 26 slots to make reserved slots properly work?
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2012 , 02:50   Re: SourceMod reserved slots clarifications
Reply With Quote #6

Seems Replay not increase server +maxplayers by 1 like SourceTV. And those both are bots taking slot.
So use +maxplayers 26 or more if not need cost extra slots.

There is another alternative plugin to make reservedslots, can use without making extra slots (I assume).
Then need disable SourceMod base plugin reservedslots.
Those who are not be able to change server max player size.
Immunity Reserve Slots (2.0.3) + extension
I haven't use tough...

Last edited by Bacardi; 04-12-2012 at 02:51.