8% 

[TF2] Biohazard [0.0.3.0] [31/03/20]

Post New Thread Reply   

x6herbius
Old 04-25-2014 , 11:44   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.0.1] [20/04/14]
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkkelvin1995 View Post
1. We have tested on some existing Zombie Fortress map (zf_). The plugin did work on most maps but not all.
That's good to know. I guess it's going to be down to experimentation, I'm not all that familiar with the ZF maps.

Quote:
2. The preparation time seems depending on the map's settings so it will be good if there is gonna be a cvar can override he settings
Yep, that's something I'm working on adding.

Quote:
3. Please add a cvar that allows us to choose whether zombies are gonna in-place respawn. This would be useful on Escape map. You can take a took of Zombie Reloaded
That's a pretty good idea, actually, I'll look into it.

Quote:
4. Replace spy's instant killing backstab with some negative effect to human
I'm assuming you mean make there a downside to playing Spy as a survivor? I suppose I could do something like marking for death when the knife is out, unless anyone else has any suggestions for it.

Quote:
5. Sniper's Huntsman seems can't be used
"Can't be used" or "Isn't very useful"? Not sure why the former would be happening; I can try and buff it if the latter.

Could you post a link to your server? I'd like to be able to drop in and try it out. I'll stick the IP up on the front page if you'd like.
Send a message via Skype™ to x6herbius
Windroid
Old 04-26-2014 , 10:43   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.0.1] [20/04/14]
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6herbius View Post
"Can't be used" or "Isn't very useful"? Not sure why the former would be happening; I can try and buff it if the latter.
When you equip the huntsman,your huntsman will become a sniper,it can zoom and fire bullet,but the world/view model and taunt is still huntsman.Weird problem.
-------------------------
By the way,as I tested about a week in my public server,whatever i played with few or over 25players.Seriously,humans NEVER wins.Zombie is too OP in this game mode.

I tried to give full crits to all humans and disable zombie's stun ability and increase uber added on hit.But humans still can't win.

In my opinion,i think it should give some buff for humans and the pushback should be larger,at least each shoot can stop the zombies,like orginal CS,or set the round timer shorter/depending on maps.

And the zombie is too fast and the engineer teleport ability is too OP.They should be nerfed,the teleport ability should like VSH/FF2 HHH ability,when the engineer teleport to someone,engineer should be stunned for few seconds,let the human have chance to fight back.

These are my feedback.

Last edited by Windroid; 04-26-2014 at 10:49.
x6herbius
Old 04-26-2014 , 17:34   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.0.1] [20/04/14]
Reply With Quote #13

OK thanks, that's all useful. There is a convar for zombie pushback so you could try playing with that to see if increased knockback will help.

I'm working on putting in setup/round time convars next, then we can look at trying to balance zombie and survivor abilities. The Huntsman problem sounds like something going wrong with the weapon replacements so I'll look into that too.
hkkelvin1995
Old 04-26-2014 , 21:40   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.0.1] [20/04/14]
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6herbius View Post
OK thanks, that's all useful. There is a convar for zombie pushback so you could try playing with that to see if increased knockback will help.

I'm working on putting in setup/round time convars next, then we can look at trying to balance zombie and survivor abilities. The Huntsman problem sounds like something going wrong with the weapon replacements so I'll look into that too.
Good to see that

So about the Huntsman, the weapon is removed somehow. But the hands model looks like still holding the bow. You cant switch back to the Huntsman after switching to others.

Besides, i would like give more detail about my idea regarding the in-place respawn system:
The cvar should allow us to choose whether the Patient Zero Zombies are gonna in-place respawn.
Let's assume we are playing on Escape map and the cvar is set to 0, Patient Zeros should be spawned at their spawn point after the countdown. However, players get infected by Patient Zeros should be turned in-place.
To make it simple: The cvar should only affect to the first wave of zombies.

So when the plugin are getting well-developed
I can help converting some zm/ze maps to TF2 from CSS or maybe others.
We do have some Escape maps converted from Zombie Panic! Source here which was using on my Zombie Fortress server before.

Last edited by hkkelvin1995; 04-28-2014 at 11:53.
x6herbius
Old 04-27-2014 , 16:20   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.1.55] [27/04/14]
Reply With Quote #15

Small update: the round and setup time are now set via convar. I'd like to know whether these changes and the bits and pieces of refactoring I did are stable before I move on to implementing other things.

As for balancing the humans versus the zombies, try playing with tfbh_zhscale_min, tfbh_zhscale_minplayercount, tfbh_zhscale_max, tfbh_zhscale_maxplayercount, tfbh_pushback_scale and tfbh_sentry_pushback_scale.
SPYderman
Old 04-27-2014 , 23:41   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.0.1] [20/04/14]
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6herbius
Make Blue players use the actual Halloween zombie skins. Apparently this isn't possible. :c
Are you sure this isn't possible? I've seen Saigns.de do it for their "Vampire Slayer" mod based off the Half-Life modifications.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2014 , 23:51   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.0.1] [20/04/14]
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPYderman View Post
Are you sure this isn't possible? I've seen Saigns.de do it for their "Vampire Slayer" mod based off the Half-Life modifications.
I think that they use custom models, I mean, the same zombie-like model, but ripped from TF2, maybe they set it with the custom model plugin.
arthurdead
Old 04-27-2014 , 23:58   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.1.55] [27/04/14]
Reply With Quote #18

it is possible but valve dont like us doing it (because all that hat stuff)
Oshizu
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2014 , 01:36   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.1.55] [27/04/14]
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurdead View Post
it is possible but valve dont like us doing it (because all that hat stuff)
Turning zombie skins into seperate playermodels should do the job easy & harmless way

Last edited by Oshizu; 04-28-2014 at 01:36.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-28-2014 , 10:05   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.1.55] [27/04/14]
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshizu View Post
Turning zombie skins into seperate playermodels should do the job easy & harmless way
The only reason Valve didn't do it that way in the first place is because they tied it to wearables.

Anyway, I think I suggested doing that a few pages back. I'm not that familiar with models to know anything about changing the skin order, though... plus I'm not sure how Spies would be affected there (disguises and all).