Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.33 4/14/2015

Post New Thread Reply   

Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-21-2009 , 07:29   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r6
Reply With Quote #431

Whoops, now I just feel silly >.> I thought I remembered there being a command for it, but couldn't find it while I was in game so I just kind of included it. Forgive me :<

Excited about the KOTH stuff though

e: Oooh. and r6 is out. I'll have to get that tomorrow!

Last edited by Atreus; 08-21-2009 at 07:31.
Send a message via AIM to Atreus Send a message via MSN to Atreus
*David*
Old 08-21-2009 , 10:21   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r6
Reply With Quote #432

Hey Goerge, thanks for the quick response on the last couple issues I brought to you. We've got the plugin going strong on all our servers, but I wanted to bring up the one server we're having trouble getting the right balance for.

In our community we run a 24/7 Dustbowl server and are trying to get it to run all day without restart (i.e. winlimit 0, timelimit 0) and just let the scrambles handle things. Right now we have it set up to offer an end-of-round scramble vote for: full-round only, winstreak 1. What we would rather do though is offer the vote after 2 full rounds, regardless of who wins. So each team has a chance to attack and defend through however far they can make it through the map and then switch.

Could something like... gs_winlimit be made, to just watch how many total wins have taken place and switch after that number has been reached?

Thanks again!
BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-23-2009 , 05:25   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r6
Reply With Quote #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by *David* View Post
Hey Goerge, thanks for the quick response on the last couple issues I brought to you. We've got the plugin going strong on all our servers, but I wanted to bring up the one server we're having trouble getting the right balance for.

In our community we run a 24/7 Dustbowl server and are trying to get it to run all day without restart (i.e. winlimit 0, timelimit 0) and just let the scrambles handle things. Right now we have it set up to offer an end-of-round scramble vote for: full-round only, winstreak 1. What we would rather do though is offer the vote after 2 full rounds, regardless of who wins. So each team has a chance to attack and defend through however far they can make it through the map and then switch.

Could something like... gs_winlimit be made, to just watch how many total wins have taken place and switch after that number has been reached?

Thanks again!
latest trunk version of the plugin has a scrambleround convar that lets you scramble every X full rounds, and it has a KOTH checker for when a team never takes possession of the point during KOTH maps.

Simple stuff, but I'd like to test it some before i makes it official.
Old 08-24-2009 , 10:43   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r6
Reply With Quote #434

One other question about Attack/Defend maps. Is the winstreak taking into account that a stacked team is switching from offense to defense?

On Badlands, if Blu wins two times in a row, it's clear that Blu has a winstreak of 2, but in Dustbowl, if Blu wins two times in a row, that's really Team A wins, then Team B wins.

Are you tracking Team A as it switches to defense so that for a winstreak you would expect Team A to win as Blu and then as Red?
BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-24-2009 , 14:49   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r6
Reply With Quote #435

yep
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-24-2009 , 17:34   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r6
Reply With Quote #436

I'll try to check out the trunk version of this as well as the new AFK Manager later tonight, my lovely Goerge. Anything specific I should be testing to see if it -still- works (eg scramble immunity), or just the new stuff?
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-25-2009 , 03:55   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r6
Reply With Quote #437

Trip report:

I had winstreak set to 2 (instead of the usual 1) and the KOTH win tracking set to 1. I tried both letting one team win twice and letting one team win with the other team not capping. Neither acitvated the scramble
BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-25-2009 , 04:34   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r6
Reply With Quote #438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreus View Post
Trip report:

I had winstreak set to 2 (instead of the usual 1) and the KOTH win tracking set to 1. I tried both letting one team win twice and letting one team win with the other team not capping. Neither acitvated the scramble
u set gs_as_minplayers to 1 (assuming u were testing on an empty server)
and did you update the translation?
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-25-2009 , 05:22   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r6
Reply With Quote #439

I set gs_as_minplayers to 2, in this case, since we had like 4 players in there. I am 90% sure i updated the translation, I'll check

e: Yes, same modified date. Same filesize. They were updated. If you want to test again -with- us to make sure it's all right, I'd be glad to do so. I can also post my config if desired.
BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-25-2009 , 14:00   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r6
Reply With Quote #440

oops i didnt commit the workingest one. the one u weer using was still busted