Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

C4 Timer

Post New Thread Reply   

Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 05-31-2007 , 06:28   Re: C4 Timer
Reply With Quote #21

So you're trying to tell me that because it's different from the base plugins (although it basically does the same thing, just not in an obvious way), this shouldn't be classified as redundant?

Screw that, locking. I don't feel like dealing with everyone's pissing and moaning because I will not reverse my decision about this.
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 05-31-2007 , 09:12   Re: C4 Timer
Reply With Quote #22

Approved. While it doesn't offer a radical departure from other plugins, it does offer a unique way of providing bomb countdown information that I can imagine many people would like.

You could consider providing a brief message to the clients when the bomb has been planted that will alert them to the location of the countdown, for the less than savvy players out there. I'd make it an optional setting if you add it.

Last edited by Brad; 05-31-2007 at 09:15.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 05-31-2007 , 17:03   Re: C4 Timer
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Approved. While it doesn't offer a radical departure from other plugins, it does offer a unique way of providing bomb countdown information that I can imagine many people would like.

You could consider providing a brief message to the clients when the bomb has been planted that will alert them to the location of the countdown, for the less than savvy players out there. I'd make it an optional setting if you add it.
Disagreed. If he adds what you said I'd be willing to support it. For now, I'm overturning your approval.
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2007 , 17:38   Re: C4 Timer
Reply With Quote #24

@ Hawk - I respect your opinion towards this plugin but you need to consider many players including myself and the several players I've spoken to about it would like this. A HUD message is a lot different than an actual display of the timer - although it may be a simple plugin, it provides functionality that is 1) not built-in to the game obviously and 2) other plugins fail to provide. Changing to a hud message is a waste because it is located in a different location thus in your words "causing confusion." As long as I understand correctly, which I really hope I do, this timer is bottom-center where the normal timer would be with the correct time like the normal timer. If so, my opinion above stands, if not, I'll delete my post or someone else can.

EDIT: As per letting the client know, BLINK the timer to show it's counting down the whole time, they will see it and it will be apparent.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 05-31-2007 , 17:59   Re: C4 Timer
Reply With Quote #25

instead of get_cvar_num("mp_c4timer"), you can use get_cvar_pointer() to get the pointer so you can use pcvar natives.

Request for CT only, and timer blinking. Reapproved when added.
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 05-31-2007 , 18:09   Re: C4 Timer
Reply With Quote #26

I'm gonna have to agree with Brad on this, I don't see why this would not be approved. It's not something new, but then again it is. Timer has never been done this way before and many players would see this as an improvement over a hud message.

I'd also agree with slmclarengt and emp, blinking timer would be cool (match the beeping sound?). Maybe just the clock or maybe just the bomb icon or both? would be nice though.

I would only say if you plan on adding things they want you to make them optional, sounds or whatnot, since default this is fine as is. Good job on the idea as always cheap_suit...
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Reaper2331
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2007 , 18:23   Re: C4 Timer
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu View Post
I'm gonna have to agree with Brad on this, I don't see why this would not be approved. It's not something new, but then again it is. Timer has never been done this way before and many players would see this as an improvement over a hud message.

I'd also agree with slmclarengt and emp, blinking timer would be cool (match the beeping sound?). Maybe just the clock or maybe just the bomb icon or both? would be nice though.

I would only say if you plan on adding things they want you to make them optional, sounds or whatnot, since default this is fine as is. Good job on the idea as always cheap_suit...

i agree with Brad and i agree with slmclarengt and emp and vittu

Send a message via AIM to Reaper2331 Send a message via MSN to Reaper2331 Send a message via Yahoo to Reaper2331
Cheap_Suit
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2007 , 19:05   Re: C4 Timer
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post

Thanks for the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk552 View Post
Disagreed. If he adds what you said I'd be willing to support it. For now, I'm overturning your approval.
Thanks for reconsidering and unlocking the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
@ Hawk - I respect your opinion towards this plugin but you need to consider many players including myself and the several players I've spoken to about it would like this. A HUD message is a lot different than an actual display of the timer - although it may be a simple plugin, it provides functionality that is 1) not built-in to the game obviously and 2) other plugins fail to provide. Changing to a hud message is a waste because it is located in a different location thus in your words "causing confusion." As long as I understand correctly, which I really hope I do, this timer is bottom-center where the normal timer would be with the correct time like the normal timer. If so, my opinion above stands, if not, I'll delete my post or someone else can.

EDIT: As per letting the client know, BLINK the timer to show it's counting down the whole time, they will see it and it will be apparent.

Slmclarengt
If you mean the timer sprite then I can do that.

@Everyone else. Thank you for you positive inputs.

#edit: Updated.

Last edited by Cheap_Suit; 06-02-2007 at 21:27.
SweatyBanana
BANNED
Old 06-04-2007 , 00:06   Re: C4 Timer
Reply With Quote #29

I like it
Send a message via AIM to SweatyBanana Send a message via Yahoo to SweatyBanana
anssik
Old 06-06-2007 , 13:59   Re: C4 Timer
Reply With Quote #30

Code:
Detonation time intiallized.....