Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Any reliable way to know where a vomitjar has exploded?

Post New Thread Reply   

DeathChaos25
Old 12-17-2015 , 20:10   [L4D2] Any reliable way to know where a vomitjar has exploded?
Reply With Quote #1

Is there any way through sourcemod to know where a boomer bile has landed and exploded?

Or easier way, know which common infected are affected by a bile jar?

The game event only fires for CTERRORPLAYER classes, and the INFECTED class doesnt seem to contain any obvious netprop that would contain this kind of information.

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 12-17-2015 at 20:11.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 12-17-2015 , 21:09   Re: [L4D2] Any reliable way to know where a vomitjar has exploded?
Reply With Quote #2

Bile jars might have their own explosion events. Or you could check for destruction.
Also there are events for horde spawns/alerts. Iirc it was a generic event that worked for car alarms as well.

I have various possible interpretations for your second question, please elaborate.

Note: I haven't worked with L4D2 in quite a while.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
DeathChaos25
Old 12-17-2015 , 23:44   Re: [L4D2] Any reliable way to know where a vomitjar has exploded?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
I have various possible interpretations for your second question, please elaborate.

Note: I haven't worked with L4D2 in quite a while.
Basically, when you throw a bile jar at commons they become puked, usually any CTERRORPLAYER entity have game events attached to it ("player_now_it", "player_no_longer_it"),but the INFECTED category doesn't.

Alternatively, CTERRORPLAYER also has the netprops m_vomitFadeStart and m_vomitStart, the INFECTED class has nothing similar.

Basically, either knowing where the bile lands, or which common infected are being targeted because of the bile would be equally as useful.
Part-Time Asshole
Old 12-18-2015 , 00:01   Re: [L4D2] Any reliable way to know where a vomitjar has exploded?
Reply With Quote #4

I still don't know what you are referring to by "targeted".
Because you can "vomit" onto commons, but commons can also "target" someone who was hit by a bile bomb.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
DeathChaos25
Old 12-18-2015 , 00:12   Re: [L4D2] Any reliable way to know where a vomitjar has exploded?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
I still don't know what you are referring to by "targeted".
Because you can "vomit" onto commons, but commons can also "target" someone who was hit by a bile bomb.
If you "vomit" onto commons, I want to know when/which commons have been vommited.
Part-Time Asshole
Old 12-18-2015 , 00:33   Re: [L4D2] Any reliable way to know where a vomitjar has exploded?
Reply With Quote #6

You can hook CVomitJarProjectile:etonate() which is virtual (and I think a touch hook).
It does some other checks there and depending on the results calls CVomitJarProjectile::ExplodeVomit() which has 6 params which are all trace params (I believe the hitpos and surface normal).
That func then does another trace, spawns the particle, a sphere check, does the puking magic, and spawns an info_goal_infected_chase at the impact position. I only see virtual functions being called there, so you might get lucky and hook something with dhooks there. But I need to resolve these virtual calls manually to see where they lead. I'm not doing that today.

EDIT:
I did identify the virtual functions. You can hook this with dhooks:
Code:
338  336 Infected::OnHitByVomitJar(CBaseCombatCharacter *)
First offset is for linux, second for windows.

Last edited by Dr. Greg House; 12-18-2015 at 00:46.
DeathChaos25
Old 12-18-2015 , 08:59   Re: [L4D2] Any reliable way to know where a vomitjar has exploded?
Reply With Quote #7

Thanks, this information is good enough.
Old 12-18-2015 , 13:52   Re: [L4D2] Any reliable way to know where a vomitjar has exploded?
Reply With Quote #8

If you want to see how to do it, striker wrote Bile The World, I believe, though it uses sdkhooks to achieve the effect. I would use a trie or array to hold all biled entity id's if that's important.

Last edited by jess; 12-18-2015 at 13:53.