Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Bots Pickup T3s

Post New Thread Reply   

ElKapone14
Old 07-26-2015 , 18:10   Re: [L4D2] Bots Pickup T3s
Reply With Quote #11

You were right !
I've just downloaded the last version of l4downtown and now it works very good. thanks !

Are you planning to make bots using grenades even if it's bad when they use them ?
And also, is there a way that bots can trigger events like disabling alarm, activate the finale radio, etc.... because it looks like they triggers events only when there're no players. Is this impossible to make ?

Last edited by ElKapone14; 07-26-2015 at 18:11.
Kerouha
Old 07-27-2015 , 09:04   Re: [L4D2] Bots Pickup T3s
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKapone14 View Post
I have l4downtown and the last gamedata. Am I missing something ?
That's what I was talking about. "Official" L4DT2 wasn't updated since 0.5.4.2, inexperienced users may be confused. You should give a link for a recent, working version.

I guess making a permission for bots to grab chainsaws in a similar way with T3 guns (even better if depending on sb_max_team_melee_weapons cvar) would be much easier than teaching them to throw grenades properly.
mightmagix
Old 08-12-2015 , 10:46   Re: [L4D2] Bots Pickup T3s
Reply With Quote #13

I've used this plugin for almost a week now and to my expectations, bots are extremely helpful. T3s gl and m60 expert mode wipe easily during mobs and finale. Unfortunately there is a slight flaw to this which I hope not.

Bots carrying T3s stop picking up healing items: medkit, pills, adrenaline. But will pickup normally when dropped those T3s. The only solution for me is to used gear transfer plugin which will prove less useful as bots will miss any of those items further. Tested both inside and outside saferoom.
DeathChaos25
Old 08-12-2015 , 10:53   Re: [L4D2] Bots Pickup T3s
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightmagix View Post
I've used this plugin for almost a week now and to my expectations, bots are extremely helpful. T3s gl and m60 expert mode wipe easily during mobs and finale. Unfortunately there is a slight flaw to this which I hope not.

Bots carrying T3s stop picking up healing items: medkit, pills, adrenaline. But will pickup normally when dropped those T3s. The only solution for me is to used gear transfer plugin which will prove less useful as bots will miss any of those items further. Tested both inside and outside saferoom.
Hmm, I run gear transfer so I didn't experience this anomally, I'll look at the code and see if I can find what may have caused this.
Old 08-30-2015 , 10:53   Re: [L4D2] Bots Pickup T3s
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightmagix View Post

So as it turns out, while I did specifically code the plugin for this not to happen, for some reason I had made them to not pick up absolutely anything by accident.

I have corrected this issue and updated the main post, let me know if the issue persists, at it should be gone now.
Old 09-06-2015 , 11:52   Re: [L4D2] Bots Pickup T3s
Reply With Quote #16

I've downloaded this latest plugin sometime ago and in the end forgot to comment about it. I assure you its all for good cause. I've tested this since the new update and found no bug. Thankfully no errors as well. So far the outcome is excellent, its everything what i expect it to be. The bots searched for pickups high and low while using t3s, they even pickup defibrillator excluding gear transfer plugin. This time they went to every house searched for pickups(tested on Hard Rain: Downpour). Except there's time when they decided to ignored, skipped, slow-pickup those items at certain places. perhaps something with their default behavior, navigation, props etc. Nothing major, they were less proactive even before modding. Overall I'm happy with this addition. Thank you. Hope you make more plugins in the future.
Bezimienny
Old 11-09-2015 , 15:14   Re: [L4D2] Bots Pickup T3s
Reply With Quote #17

So finally after 3 months i've realised that i have this plugin in my L4D and actually wanted to use it properly, since i couldn't find L4downtown previously.
But i still can't find the version with OnFindScavengeItem! (I've uptaded the gamedata and it's still not there!)
I've only found a new left4downtown.ext.2.l4d2.so file but this gave me no effect.
If you could provide link to the newest version or your version of the plugin i would we really happy.
DreadedGhoul575
Old 04-29-2016 , 12:40   Re: [L4D2] Bots Pickup T3s
Reply With Quote #18

How do I install?
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2016 , 23:51   Re: [L4D2] Bots Pickup T3s
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedGhoul575 View Post
How do I install?
Download .smx file and put in the plugins folder. And for a working Left 4 Downtown 2 (if you're a Windows user), AtomicStryker's post is the one to find -> Left 4 Downtown 2 - Page 68 (Post No. 679)
DreadedGhoul575
Old 04-30-2016 , 05:02   Re: [L4D2] Bots Pickup T3s
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
Download .smx file and put in the plugins folder. And for a working Left 4 Downtown 2 (if you're a Windows user), AtomicStryker's post is the one to find -> Left 4 Downtown 2 - Page 68 (Post No. 679)
It says I need sourcemod 1.6 and also, do I need just the .txt file in the configs?