Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Ptahhotep's Team Balancer 1.8b3 (Immunity & alive trans)

Post New Thread Reply   

Special
Old 01-03-2008 , 19:53   Re: Ptahhotep's Team Balancer 1.8b3 (Immunity & alive trans)
Reply With Quote #221

Hi Lantz,

Glad to see you still watch this thread.

I still get a lot of complains about unbalanced teams, but not because of the score, but only about the players number.

After a few rounds PTB fixes it, but it should go faster.

Can you make it so it will keep the number of players in the teams more balanced?

TY
Old 01-06-2008 , 23:26   Re: Ptahhotep's Team Balancer 1.8b3 (Immunity & alive trans)
Reply With Quote #222

Great plug lantz69

I was wondering if there was a way that I may have missed or if it would be possible to make the default amount of players per team to be unbalanced. I use this on an assault server and if you have ever played cs_assault you would have noticed that it is pretty much a terrorist map. What I'm hoping for is a way to make it so a server defaults to 1 or 2 more players on the CT team before any other balancing is applied. Sorry I hope that makes sense.

TIA
Old 01-20-2008 , 17:28   Re: Ptahhotep's Team Balancer 1.8b3 (Immunity & alive trans)
Reply With Quote #223

What does this mean: 6. Enable the required module cstrike in modules.ini or PTB wont load properly ?
raffe2
Old 02-15-2008 , 08:13   Re: Ptahhotep's Team Balancer 1.8b3 (Immunity & alive trans)
Reply With Quote #224

Hi! I have found some 'advanced' team balance plugins for source (like CS:S Team Balance http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...t=team+balance and Fair Team Balancer http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=66862 ) that take the players' score into account when switching people to the other team or uses separate algorithms for determining team imbalances and for restructuring teams.

But I'm looking for a team balance plugin for CS 1.6 and have one question about this plugin. How do this plugin choose which player to transfer (is it based upon players' score or something similar or is it a random choise)?
Old 03-08-2008, 13:13
hcxx
This message has been deleted by hcxx. Reason: .
Nofius
Old 03-11-2008 , 04:38   Re: Ptahhotep's Team Balancer 1.8b3 (Immunity & alive trans)
Reply With Quote #225

Hi got a problem now with PTB 1.8b3
When ppl somtimes stay in spec and want in again in the game we got the msg

"Better stay in Current team" and cant choose any team what could be the problem ?
Havoc
Old 03-12-2008 , 11:35   Re: Ptahhotep's Team Balancer 1.8b3 (Immunity & alive trans)
Reply With Quote #226

Heyy i wanted to ask, why does this plugin never worked for me? :s I have done all what needed, starting the game, but game crashes when map is finish to loading! I tried to activate cstrike module, but it doesnt helps.. someone pls?
Old 03-19-2008 , 06:59   Re: Ptahhotep's Team Balancer 1.8b3 (Immunity & alive trans)
Reply With Quote #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofius View Post
Hi got a problem now with PTB 1.8b3

"Better stay in Current team" and cant choose any team what could be the problem ?
Anyone know anything about this ??
wasp131
Old 03-25-2008 , 14:25   Re: Ptahhotep's Team Balancer 1.8b3 (Immunity & alive trans)
Reply With Quote #228

great plugin!,worked perfectly first time for me.

one question,

in hlsw i can see all the transfers,is there anyway i can see the wtj messages via rcon,they work fine on the server hud,TIA.
Nofius
Old 05-03-2008 , 06:53   Re: Ptahhotep's Team Balancer 1.8b3 (Immunity & alive trans)
Reply With Quote #229

Could anyone make a zip for PTB 1.8b2 and post it ?
My PTB 1.8b3 is weird and no one here seems to have the same problem.

From my earlier post.
supergreg
Old 05-05-2008 , 14:09   Re: Ptahhotep's Team Balancer 1.8b3 (Immunity & alive trans)
Reply With Quote #230

lantz69, thanks for your continued effort on this valuable plugin, and for pretty much solely providing 23 pages of support for each and everyone., very cool!

I skimmed through the entire thread, but saw no discussion around these:
Code:
amx_ptb maxincidents 50 // maximum kills + deaths before the score is divided by PTB_SCALEDOWN
amx_ptb scaledown 2 // divisor for kills and deaths, when PTB_MAXINCIDENTS is reached
So, those values will act on a player whose score/deaths is e.g.:
a) 60/50 - ratio 1.2
b) 50/1 - ratio 50
c) 10/70 - ratio 0.14

and divides by scaledown aka 2, so you get:
a) 30/25 - ratio 1.2
b) 25/.5 (or 1?) - ratio 50 (or 25?)
c) 5/35 - ratio 0.14

Is this correct? Why does these two settings exist, does PTB not calculate using "kills/deaths" ratios, would not the ratios be identical even if the values are scaled down first? If not, then how is "player skill" calculated, and how do these settings affect the calculation? Thanks.