Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2][REQ]Rescue Time and Disable infected distance

Post New Thread Reply   

King_OXO
Old 01-15-2024 , 14:49   [L4D2][REQ]Rescue Time and Disable infected distance
Reply With Quote #1

Hello everyone, I was looking for plugins or cvars that increase the finale rescue time and disable the "approach survivors" function for all players, this hinders the infected from having more chances of winning in the final levels

Discord:WhiteFire#1301
Steam:WhiteFire
Youtube

Last edited by King_OXO; 01-19-2024 at 14:48.
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 01-20-2024 , 22:18   Re: [L4D2][REQ]Rescue Time and Disable infected distance
Reply With Quote #2

What is "approach survivors" function

Last edited by HarryPotter; 01-20-2024 at 22:18.
King_OXO
Old 01-21-2024 , 20:37   Re: [L4D2][REQ]Rescue Time and Disable infected distance
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPotter View Post
What is "approach survivors" function
* too far from survivors
|E| Move closer to the survivors *

Youtube
Old 01-23-2024 , 00:20   Re: [L4D2][REQ]Rescue Time and Disable infected distance
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_OXO View Post
* too far from survivors
|E| Move closer to the survivors *
I don't think that they will understand ur goal , i "Personally" got fucked up trying to analyzing ..
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-23-2024 , 01:56   Re: [L4D2][REQ]Rescue Time and Disable infected distance
Reply With Quote #5

In Versus when you're Special Infected and you're too far from Survivors, the text comes up saying "too far from survivors" with the line below saying "|E| Move closer to the survivors" so that when you press "E" you teleport closer to them. I think there is a cvar for this, or a plugin to control. I remember something about that a long time ago.
Old 01-24-2024 , 13:25   Re: [L4D2][REQ]Rescue Time and Disable infected distance
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
In Versus when you're Special Infected and you're too far from Survivors, the text comes up saying "too far from survivors" with the line below saying "|E| Move closer to the survivors" so that when you press "E" you teleport closer to them. I think there is a cvar for this, or a plugin to control. I remember something about that a long time ago.
Yes.There was a plugin that controlled this cvar and the flow of vehicle leaks (longer flows - 20 min round), but I can't find it on the internet anymore and I don't even know which cvar it is.

Youtube

Last edited by King_OXO; 01-24-2024 at 14:05.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 01-24-2024 , 13:58   Re: [L4D2][REQ]Rescue Time and Disable infected distance
Reply With Quote #7

Maybe https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=328500
or https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=286387

Last edited by Marttt; 01-24-2024 at 13:58.
Old 01-26-2024 , 12:47   Re: [L4D2][REQ]Rescue Time and Disable infected distance
Reply With Quote #8

I don't also think he meant that . He needs to reduce the chance of winning a final by the zombie team in versus mod . his plan was :

* delaying the rescue vehicle time (the time it takes from when someone uses a radio until the rescue vehicle arrives) . and that blows my mind because this will f the survivors while they are trying to survive against zombie waves !

* Prevent auto-teleporting a zombie players when They press E button , and that also doesn't make sense, because the value of the danger is still constant as the zombie is still around , and who knows what the hell he is planing for the next attack ?!

BTW , I suggest increasing survivors health by a single function will do the job .
[Take it easy]

Last edited by 101; 01-26-2024 at 12:53.
Old 01-26-2024 , 13:05   Re: [L4D2][REQ]Rescue Time and Disable infected distance
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_OXO View Post
Yes.There was a plugin that controlled this cvar and the flow of vehicle leaks (longer flows - 20 min round), but I can't find it on the internet anymore and I don't even know which cvar it is.
I think I can make it for l4d1 with a simple trick , but Disable Escape Sequence/Scenario is no longer available for l4d2 , that what i have recently read in Valve shit site , I don't know if that's correct:
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Trigger_finale

Last edited by 101; 01-26-2024 at 13:06.
Old 02-05-2024 , 13:44   Re: [L4D2][REQ]Rescue Time and Disable infected distance
Reply With Quote #10

about the vehicle delay , I have downloaded a shitty version of that game in order to check , it seems that it works fine with me and the finale was successfully extended , but i still don't know what is the exact name of sacrifice maps to exclude from performing vehicle-delay (it seems that sacrifice has a custom finales according to valve site) , If that what u need , then give it a try :
PHP Code:
#include <sdktools>
#include <sdkhooks>

#define Timer_F_VehicleDelay    180
#define Timer_FCTanks_Interval    60
#define Timer_Special_Interval    10

char Infected[8][8]={"smoker","hunter","boomer","mob","charger","jockey","spitter","tank"};
Handle H_GENERAL_TIMER;
int Count;

public 
OnEntityCreated(entity, const String:classname[])
{
    if (
StrEqual(classname"trigger_finale"))
    {

HookSingleEntityOutput(entity"FinaleStart"OnFinaleStarted);

HookSingleEntityOutput(entity"FinaleEscapeStarted"OnFinaleEscapeStarted);

HookSingleEntityOutput(entity"FinaleLost"OnFinaleIsDone);

HookSingleEntityOutput(entity"FinaleWon"OnFinaleIsDone);
    }
}

public 
OnFinaleStarted(const String:output[], calleractivatorFloat:delay)
{

Count ;

H_GENERAL_TIMER null ;
}

public 
OnFinaleIsDone(const String:output[], calleractivatorFloat:delay)
{

delete H_GENERAL_TIMER;
}

public 
Action OnFinaleEscapeStarted(const String:output[], calleractivatorFloat:delay)
{
    if (!
Count)
    {

H_GENERAL_TIMER CreateTimer(1.0 Timer_General caller TIMER_REPEAT|TIMER_FLAG_NO_MAPCHANGE );
        return 
Plugin_Handled;
    }
    return 
Plugin_Continue;
}

public 
Action Timer_General(Handle Timer any caller)
{

Count++;

if (
Count Timer_Special_Interval == 0)    Spawn_Infected(Infected[GetRandomInt(0,6)]);
    if (
Count Timer_FCTanks_Interval == 0)    Spawn_Infected("tank");

/*
    if (Count < Timer_F_VehicleDelay)
    {
        PrintHintTextToAll("Escape Will Arrive In %d seconds" , Timer_F_VehicleDelay - Count);
    }
    */

if (Count == Timer_F_VehicleDelay)
    {

//PrintHintTextToAll("Vehicle Is Ready");

FireEntityOutput(caller,"FinaleEscapeStarted",caller,0.0);
    }
    return 
Plugin_Continue;
}

stock Spawn_Infected(const char[]Command)
{

int bot CreateFakeClient("l4F 2 Style");

int flags GetCommandFlags("z_spawn");

SetCommandFlags("z_spawn"flags & ~FCVAR_CHEAT);

FakeClientCommand(bot"z_spawn %s" Command);

SetCommandFlags("z_spawn"flags);

CreateTimer(0.1Kick_Bot bot);
}

public 
Kick_Bot (Handle timerany bot)
{

KickClient(bot);

But Keep In mind that : this will hinder the non-infected team from having any chance of winning .

Hint For L4d2 Plugins makers/developers :
- you should look at this , u could make interesting custom-finales with ur experience :
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Trigger_finale

- The Game Looks Amazing But The Players Body is empty and looks like ghosts , The physics laws stop working with player bodies , When u run towards somebody u go deep inside him rather than clashing into (The player body is not solid like other materials walls,floor,...) , thus there is no momentum for players when they collide, also bullets should have some effects when hit somebody , especially tanks with a close-range auto-shot gun bullets ... (The Vector Of The Velocity of A moving Object Should Affect The Target's direction When they collide , especially those targets that the bullet/mass doesn't go throw them) .
Forget about The Animation , The Only Available Animation Is what u call it (stumbling) , by the lack of knowledge/options : stopping the moving mass for a while is enough , Or Lets wait For : "L4D2 Episode 2"
FFS