Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[core] Player's cur. weap. info update meth. should be impr.

KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-27-2006 , 11:32   Re: [core] Player's cur. weap. info update meth. should be impr.

Concerning to the topic tittle - there is also something to do when You are using the "give_item" function.
If I got correctly how the HLSDK messages work about current weapons etc - once the player fire a bullet the message is sent he has some new amount of ammo and what the weapon he just keeps in his hand. So when You use give_item and You are spawning the weapon in the hand of the player (for example he_arena plugin) there is really no message sent to say the player is using. So - for normal weapons - after one bullet firing You get the message about the weapon and ammo the player has, but if it's some of grenades - You don't have any info (I mean if it's used the way he_arena plugin works). So that's why the bots fail a lot with nades when this plugin works (I've debugged and traced podbot mm code and my bots still were believing they have some primary weapons in their hand instead nades). As always - I'm expecting someone says it's my code which is wrong...
BTW - nice desing of the new forum, Bail.
BAILOPAN
Old 06-28-2006 , 05:49   Re: [core] Player's cur. weap. info update meth. should be impr.

I decided to add this as a "hidden native." I.e., it's available, but it's not documented.

The syntax is:
Code:
native amxx_setpl_curweap(player, curweaponId);

Paste that into the top of your code to use the native. I prefer something like this not become mainstream. It probably won't work in 1.75, however. It was too late an addition to make it into the final builds.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 06-28-2006 at 06:56.
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 06-28-2006 , 22:11   Re: [core] Player's cur. weap. info update meth. should be impr.

Wanted to report I am also having issues with "strip_user_weapons"

If I use it and then try to give someone a pistol then a shield the shield wont work fomr some reason and I cannot pick one up from the ground either. Oh well I will just go back to my code of forcing people to drop thier weapons.
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2006 , 00:30   Re: [core] Player's cur. weap. info update meth. should be impr.

jtp I actually had the issue with the not able to pick up weapons too And I've also had the issue of picking up 2 weapons :/
OneEyed
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-29-2006 , 01:12   Re: [core] Player's cur. weap. info update meth. should be impr.

I played around with this, cause it was haunting me before, and I just worked around it (I was lazy). So I decided to rework it and see whats going on..

VEN is right about player->current not getting set correctly. It's mostly the mod's fault, but for instance....

I forced a game_player_equip entity to give nothing to players. So you spawn with no weapons or knife.

Then I give the knife manually; I check if I don't have it with get_user_weapon and if I don't have it I give the knife using give_item(id, "weapon_knife"). Next, I killed myself and respawned with no weapons. Checked get_user_weapon and it returns CSW_KNIFE when I do not have a weapon_knife.

My current fix for this is just using strip_user_weapons after the player dies and I respawn them. It resets the player->current value.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by OneEyed; 06-29-2006 at 01:27.
BAILOPAN
Old 06-29-2006 , 02:02   Re: [core] Player's cur. weap. info update meth. should be impr.

(geesu, jtp) CPlayer::current really has nothing to do with the problems you're describing. it's just an internal marker for AMX Mod X, and its results are only meaningful wrt get_user_weapon(). strip_user_weapons() makes sure this value is 0, however.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 06-29-2006 at 02:31.