Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[core] Player's cur. weap. info update meth. should be impr.

VEN
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2006 , 13:20   [core] Player's cur. weap. info update meth. should be impr.

Player's current weapon information (pPlayer->current) not always updated properly.

For exmaple if player is used a player_weaponstrip entity:
Code:
stock fm_strip_user_weapons(index) {     new ent = fm_create_entity("player_weaponstrip")     if (!pev_valid(ent))         return 0     dllfunc(DLLFunc_Spawn, ent)     dllfunc(DLLFunc_Use, ent, index)     engfunc(EngFunc_RemoveEntity, ent)     return 1 }
pPlayer->current isn't updated, so get_user_weapon returned result is equal to previous pPlayer->current.

I'm not sure but i think that the problem is in emsg.cpp:
Code:
void Client_CurWeapon(void* mValue) {     static int iState;     static int iId;         switch (mState++)     {         case 0:             iState = *(int*)mValue;             break;         case 1:             if (!iState) break;             iId = *(int*)mValue;             break;         case 2:             if (!mPlayer) return;             if (!iState || (iId < 1 || iId >= MAX_WEAPONS)) break;             mPlayer->weapons[iId].clip = *(int*)mValue;             mPlayer->current = iId;             mPlayer->lastHit = mPlayer->lastTrace;     } }

I think the "case 2" code block should be changed to something like this:
Code:
            if (!mPlayer) return;             if (!iState || (iId < 0 || iId >= MAX_WEAPONS)) break;             mPlayer->current = iId;             if (iId == 0) break;             mPlayer->weapons[iId].clip = *(int*)mValue;             mPlayer->lastHit = mPlayer->lastTrace;

Last edited by adm; 06-22-2006 at 08:43.
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 06-20-2006 , 13:53  

dont see anything wrong nor does your change make any sense to me
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2006 , 14:27  

On every weapon change CurWeapon message is sent to the client.
It's even sent on player_weaponstrip entity use:
Code:
    MESSAGE_BEGIN( MSG_ONE, gmsgCurWeapon, NULL, pev );         WRITE_BYTE(0);         WRITE_BYTE(0);         WRITE_BYTE(0);     MESSAGE_END();
Since weapon index is 0, that event is skipped:
Code:
if (!iState || (iId < 1 || iId >= MAX_WEAPONS)) break;
and hence mPlayer->current isn't updated:
Code:
mPlayer->current = iId
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 06-20-2006 , 14:30  

weapon 0 doesnt exist
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2006 , 14:57  

Of course i know. But the message listed above can be intercepted and then mPlayer->current can be set to 0. The practical point of that is that this will prevent the incorrect get_user_weapon result.

If you still didn't get what i mean, my question is why get_user_weapon returns incorrect result after player_weaponstrip entity use?
Answer: because pPlayer->current isn't updated to 0.
Why? Probably because we igrone CurWeapon WeaponIndex == 0
Code:
if (!iState || (iId < 1 || iId >= MAX_WEAPONS)) break;

Probably your point that we can't set pPlayer->current to 0 for some reason? Well, the fact is still that there is a bug and it should be fixed. If i offered the incorrect solution or pointed to the incorrect amxmodx code section i apologize.
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 06-20-2006 , 15:03  

i think its suppose to be like that. I dont think its ignoring, current is only set to your CURRENT weapon and since there is no weapon 0 current should not be set to 0. Otherwise your most likely breaking the whole point of current.
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2006 , 15:07  

Yes, i see what you mean, but i hope we can have a certain workaround for get_user_weapon anyhow.
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 06-20-2006 , 15:10  

get_user_weapon returns what you hold, and you cant hold weapon 0...because it doesnt exist. This is the way engine is suppose to work. I doubt there is anything to do about your problem, as you are not following engine standards.
karlos
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2006 , 15:12  

if player has no weapon what value should be returned in your eyes ?
the ID of last used weapon ? then you need to rename the function to get_user_last_weapon and NOT get_user_weapon
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2006 , 15:16  

fun's strip_user_weapons uses:
Code:
    void *_wpns = MF_PlayerPropAddr(params[1], Player_Weapons);     *reinterpret_cast<int *>(MF_PlayerPropAddr(params[1], Player_CurrentWeapon)) = 0;
i believe that sets current to 0.

Quote:
the ID of last used weapon ? then you need to rename the function to get_user_last_weapon and NOT get_user_weapon
I think you overlooked my point. Vice versa: get_user_weapon acts as get_user_last_weapon on player_weaponstrip entity use. Is that logical?