Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

0ur Hero Niko
Old 05-29-2010 , 01:41   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.2.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Use "*" as the name, this is in the example config provided.

No.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=212

@Newsworthy from IRC, you left just as I got your answer for you, so I'll post it here:
Remove the tf2items.autoload file in sourcemod/extensions and move all the tf2items_*.smx plugins to plugins/disabled (only manager is working properly atm, so not a big step ).
Then add the following two lines to cfgs/sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg:
Code:
sm exts load ../../extensions/tf2items
sm plugins load disabled/tf2items_manager
Thanks for the help. Sorry if i seemed like a hassle.
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 05-29-2010 , 02:55   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.2.1)

asherkin, on your example config, http://tracker.limetech.org/projects...ns.example.txt

Why are there so many duplicate items that have no attributes even attached to them? Some are even randomly just placed in there. There is two number four's in that example and they are completely seperate from each other.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-29-2010 , 04:29   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.2.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
There is two number four's in that example and they are completely seperate from each other.
They have different qualities and levels, depending on which block the player matches first.
Old 05-31-2010 , 04:59   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.2.1)

i used to run this extension before the big update that messed it up, just wondering if this mod is working again? i have tried just about everything trying to get this to work for me again, loading the extension and plugin after server is running, and loading it with the server. all i get are invisible guns (i see changing quality causes that tho) and no mods i do to weapons take effect.

ive been reading through this thread and didnt see anything special that needed to be done.

im on a windows server as well if it makes a difference, and if this mod still works what can be and cannot be changed as far as weapons if anything is different now? thanks
Sam-1-14
Old 06-05-2010 , 22:44   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.2.1)

Is there any way to replace a weapon's model with another one?

Last edited by Sam-1-14; 06-05-2010 at 22:52.
(NW)Shane O' D
BANNED
Old 06-07-2010 , 15:38   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.2.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidogg88 View Post
i used to run this extension before the big update that messed it up, just wondering if this mod is working again? i have tried just about everything trying to get this to work for me again, loading the extension and plugin after server is running, and loading it with the server. all i get are invisible guns (i see changing quality causes that tho) and no mods i do to weapons take effect.

ive been reading through this thread and didnt see anything special that needed to be done.

im on a windows server as well if it makes a difference, and if this mod still works what can be and cannot be changed as far as weapons if anything is different now? thanks
Valve patched this..
You can still do everything
But your weapon models are invisible
This is because Valve hate people getting hats immediately with equipment manager
So they blocked equipping models

After talking with Robin (Valve) regarding the attachments policy, their goal was solely to protect their content, they were not out to break custom content, but they didn't like some plug-ins that were out there that were giving away all of their more rare content (such as hats) to everyone.

They want some of their content to be rare and valued, and if everybody has instant access to whatever they add, the value of it is diminished. I've made some suggestions along the line of protecting just their content, while allowing custom content through. Their goal of protecting their content is completely understandable and I personally have no objections to this.

Previously enabling access to Valves official wearable's was as simple as dropping in a SourceMod plug-in onto the server and bam, everything's available. I'm hoping they consider the approach of simply protecting their stuff and letting everything else through, I believe that way it will be a win-win for everybody.

No changes or decisions have been made yet, so please if you agree with the basis of this petition, we could still use the signatures!

Last edited by (NW)Shane O' D; 06-07-2010 at 15:41.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-07-2010 , 16:07   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.2.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by (NW)Shane O' D View Post
Valve patched this..
You can still do everything
But your weapon models are invisible
This is because Valve hate people getting hats immediately with equipment manager
So they blocked equipping models

After talking with Robin (Valve) regarding the attachments policy, their goal was solely to protect their content, they were not out to break custom content, but they didn't like some plug-ins that were out there that were giving away all of their more rare content (such as hats) to everyone.

They want some of their content to be rare and valued, and if everybody has instant access to whatever they add, the value of it is diminished. I've made some suggestions along the line of protecting just their content, while allowing custom content through. Their goal of protecting their content is completely understandable and I personally have no objections to this.

Previously enabling access to Valves official wearable's was as simple as dropping in a SourceMod plug-in onto the server and bam, everything's available. I'm hoping they consider the approach of simply protecting their stuff and letting everything else through, I believe that way it will be a win-win for everybody.

No changes or decisions have been made yet, so please if you agree with the basis of this petition, we could still use the signatures!
If you're going to post that much of a quote from someone (voogru), please attribute them.
j0sh77
Old 06-08-2010 , 14:05   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.2.1)

Is it possible to give any weapon to any class even with the Valve update? For example, a heavy with the spy disguiser? Or pyro with engy builder?

Pawn 3-pg
Old 06-08-2010 , 14:20   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.2.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0sh77 View Post
Is it possible to give any weapon to any class even with the Valve update? For example, a heavy with the spy disguiser? Or pyro with engy builder?
It is possible, but the weapons will be invisible.
j0sh77
Old 06-08-2010 , 22:04   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items (1.3.2.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawn 3-pg View Post
It is possible, but the weapons will be invisible.
But you could still use them right? Any class could have buildings?

Also, would this be right in my tf2items.weapons.txt in configs?

Code:
"custom_weapons_v3"
{
    "(My Steam ID)"
    {
        "4"
        {
            "name"    "TF_WEAPON_KNIFE"

"item_class"    "tf_weapon_knife"

"craft_class"    "weapon"

"item_type_name"    "#TF_Weapon_Knife"

"item_name"    "#TF_Weapon_Knife"

"item_slot"    "melee"

"item_quality"    "normal"

"baseitem" "1"

"min_ilevel"    "1"

"max_ilevel"    "1"

"image_inventory"    "backpack/weapons/w_models/w_knife"

"image_inventory_size_w"        "128"

"image_inventory_size_h"        "82"

"model_player" "models/weapons/w_models/w_knife.mdl"
            "used_by_classes"
            {
                "spy"        "1"
                "heavy"        "1"
                "sniper"    "1"
                "soldier"    "1"
                "pyro"        "1"
                "scout"        "1"
                "medic"        "1"
                "demoman"    "1"
                "engineer"    "1"

}
        }
    }
}
Then what do I do after I boot my server?

Last edited by j0sh77; 06-08-2010 at 22:44.
Closed Thread