Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Note to plugin authors: Add custom menu items to amxmodmenu

Post New Thread Reply   

Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2004 , 04:44   Note to plugin authors: Add custom menu items to amxmodmenu
Reply With Quote #1

With an updated amxmisc.inc and menufront.sma there is now a new stock function to add custom menu items to the Menus Front-End plugin like this:

Code:
/* Add a menu item to Menus Front-End plugin: * MENU_TEXT: Text that will be shown for this item in menu * MENU_CMD: Command that should be executed to start menu * MENU_ACCESS: Access required for menu * MENU_PLUGIN: The exact case-insensitive name of plugin holding the menu command */ stock AddMenuItem(const MENU_TEXT[], const MENU_CMD[], const MENU_ACCESS, const MENU_PLUGIN[])

Oh and the limit of items in the menu is currently 128.

Example use in my Weapon Arena plugin that has a menu which is called with command "weaponarena_menu":

Code:
    // Add menu item to menufront AddMenuItem("Weapon Arena", "weaponarena_menu", ACCESSNEEDED, PLUGINNAME)
Infra
Old 10-08-2004 , 13:02  
Reply With Quote #2

Does the case sensitive plugin name include the ".amx" (name of file), or is it what you have named the plugin in the register_plugin command?
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2004 , 13:21  
Reply With Quote #3

It's insensitive and it's the name used with the register_plugin function.
Infra
Old 10-09-2004 , 12:46  
Reply With Quote #4

Thanks ^_^
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2004 , 16:43  
Reply With Quote #5

Added a file configs/custommenuitems.cfg

It looks like this:

Quote:
// Here you can add menu items from any plugin to Menus Front-End plugin, aka "amxmodmenu".
//
// Usage: "amx_addmenuitem <menu text> <menu command> <access flags> <plugin name>"
//
// <menu text>: This is the text displayed in the menu itself for this item.
// <menu command>: This is the client command used to access the menu.
// <access flags>: Specify what access flags admins must have to use this menu item. (Check users.ini for access flags.)
// <plugin name>: This must be the _exact_ (though case insensitive) name of the plugin which holds the menu command. (Use "amxx plugins" in server console, plugin names are listed in Name column.)
//
// Example: (be sure to use quotes around parameters with spaces!)
//
// amx_addmenuitem "Weapon Arena" "weaponarena_menu" "hu" "Weapon Arena"
You can get it from CVS right away (actually you can create it yourself, it's just a cfg file). Just be sure to also get+compile menufront.sma from CVS.

For playing with my CZERO server I added this, showing it to you as another example:

Quote:
amx_addmenuitem "CZ Bots" "amx_czbotmenu" "hu" "CZ Bot control"
amx_addmenuitem "CZ Bots Weapon Restriction" "amx_czbotmenuwr" "hu" "CZ Bot control"
These are menus from the "CZ Bot control" plugin released by EKS.
FullThrottle
Old 10-13-2004 , 19:16  
Reply With Quote #6

Very nice JGHG! A much needed and I'm sure will be a much appreciated improvement.
hazz
Old 07-30-2006 , 09:46   Re: Note to plugin authors: Add custom menu items to amxmodmenu
Reply With Quote #7

I don't get it... I need to add options to put noclip and godmode on players. Of corse that means I need a menu for each one. (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=23213). Can someone make that for me please?
TheNewt
Donor
Old 07-31-2006 , 13:44   Re: Note to plugin authors: Add custom menu items to amxmodmenu
Reply With Quote #8

1) Nice bump
2) You wish to add noclip and godmode to the amxmodmenu as menus? Inside the menus you want playernames or something?
popeye10
Old 05-31-2014 , 15:48   Re: Note to plugin authors: Add custom menu items to amxmodmenu
Reply With Quote #9

how to add Screenshot/snapshot menu in amxmodmenu ?