Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Forum mod

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Server Management        Approver:   devicenull (200)
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2004 , 09:49   Forum mod
Reply With Quote #1

Add interactivity between your web forum and your AMX Mod X server.

Currently phpBB and PHPNuke supported, IPB will come (back) shortly. You can easily write FMAPI addons for other forums/communities.

You can choose to only have users registered on your forum access your server - and optionally choose to only let them use their names from the forum.

In your forum you can set what stats like rank, accuracy and efficiency will be displayed below a member's avatar in posts.

You can also choose to have anyone access the server, but prepend (and/or append) nonregistered users' names with a prefix (default Pub, or postfix (default empty).

You can specify what extra access flags (reserved slots... ) registered users will have over nonregistered users.

Includes a simple (optional) PM reading client. Only dead/spectators in Cstrike can read mail.

For installation, CAREFULLY read the instructions provided in the comment section of the plugin source. It's at the top of the file.
Also you must read the installation instructions for your web forum/community software which are in the file implementing the FMAPI addon for your software.

NEW in 0.5: You can now assign admins to your game server simply by adding a forum user to a forum group! Here's how to set it up:
Create a group in your forum like "Game server admin" (or whatever name), and then register it in server console using 'amx_registergroup "Game server admin" "bcdefghijk"' to automagically
add extra admin powers to any forum user being a member of that group. You can create several of these groups, just be sure to register them using the amx_registergroup command.

And more...

Screenshots:

*FORUM MODDING INSTRUCTIONS NOW INCLUDED*
Attached Files
File Type: zip forummod_0_7_2.zip (23.5 KB, 7086 views)
File Type: txt steamid_mod_v0.2.txt (14.2 KB, 5691 views)
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 09-16-2004 , 13:20  
Reply With Quote #2

soooooooooo close to 1000 lines

nj i like it
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 09-16-2004 , 15:33  
Reply With Quote #3

Very nice work.
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2004 , 15:41  
Reply With Quote #4

Too bad it doesnt compile on the web compiler
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2004 , 16:20  
Reply With Quote #5

Then I was right writing that it wouldn't...

AAMOF you should not compile this online since you must read the install instructions in the sma.
knocker
Old 09-16-2004 , 17:31  
Reply With Quote #6

finally ... i will definitely test this ... i wanted to ask you all the time when you would release it

i'll give you some feedback in a couple of days ;)

edit:
i couldnt wait to test it and installed it right away . i used this hack to modify my phpbb because this one includes many options ... i just changed "info" to "steamid".
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download.php?id=193
but somehow it shows the fields but doesnt want to change them in the database ... i changed the field now per phpmyadmin to test your plugin.

i used this settings:
fm_forum_db "xxx"
fm_kicknonregged 0
fm_regurl ""
fm_prepend "(U) "
fm_forceforumname 1
fm_access "bm"
fm_forumurl ""

the server changed my name when i joined according from yyy to my forum name (you could add immunity!), so this worked, i got this message:

"yyy" connected, address ""
[Forum mod] Forcing Pub: name on yyy (person isn't registered).
[Forum mod] checkreg: (U) yyy (STEAM_xxx) is registered on boards as knocker
[Forum mod] knocker (STEAM_xxx) is registered.
[Forum mod] checkreg: knocker (xxx) is registered on boards as knocker
[Forum mod] knocker (xxx) is registered.

so first it renamed me to (U) yyy then checked if i was registered and then renamed me? so the first rename wasnt really necessary ;)
when i was registered i checked even my pm and this worked too ... good job

... since i got all flags i couldnt test the additional flags. so i deleted my steamid, restarted map and connected again:

"yyy" connected, address ""
[Forum mod] Forcing Pub: name on yyy (person isn't registered).
[Forum mod] (U) yyy (STEAM_0:0:91655) is not registered.
[Forum mod] Forcing forum name () on (U) yyy
L 09/17/2004 - 00:51:01: [forummod.amxx] ERROR - length of forum name is 0, won't set it on (U) yyy!
L 09/17/2004 - 00:51:01: [forummod.amxx] ERROR - length of forum name is 0, won't set it on (U) yyy!
L 09/17/2004 - 00:51:01: "(U) yyy" entered the game
L 09/17/2004 - 00:518: "(U) yyy" joined team "CT"
L 09/17/2004 - 00:518: [forummod.amxx] ERROR - length of forum name is 0, won't set it on (U) yyy!

so it changed my name as it should for the first time but tried 3 times to rename me ... i think there are more unregistered players than registered so this funtion should consume as less cpu operations etc as necessary ;) i dont know why you coded it this way, but i just saw how many times this messsage showed up . i just wondered why the plugin didnt see that the steamid didnt match any id from the forum and stopped checking/renaming ...
when i reconnected to the server it gave out these three messages again but didnt change my name again!! i even restarted the map and connected again but it just showed the messages in the serverconsole without renaming me ...

but i am glad this release is working in its main parts ...

some other things i thougt you could add :
- instead of renaming players by adding something in front of their names there should be an option to add it behind them ... i think most players get a little bit excited if you change their name but especially at the beginning ;)
- you should give out some messages to unregistered players if you change their name and why they got some other disadvantages (according to cvars) or telling them the advantages of registering.
- same thing to registered players: a short message which says they are logged in etc ...

good work
Send a message via ICQ to knocker
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2004 , 03:24  
Reply With Quote #7

Ok thanx a lot, I will look at this.

The reason for it checking if a player is registered "all the time" is because amxmodx re-checks your access every time you change your name or do something else that triggers a "client_infochanged". This means amxmodx wipes all your access flags, and resets them to you by reading the users.ini file again. Which means any other flags set by other plugins will be lost. So I have to check the player's registration status again. I will find out a way around this - likely I'm thinking of changing so that it only does a "checkreg" once when player has authorized. Which means you will have to log off and then on from the game to become registered, if you went to the forum and registered your steamid there. If you really need to get registered on the same map (impatient huh?), there is already a console command for this.

Maybe I could also add a feature to connect your steamid to a forum account while ingame. If your name ingame is "(Pub) Joe" and you can enter amx_regme "mysikritpasswordinforum" it could check if the forum user Joe has the given password and thus register. This of course if the player already has registered an account at the forum.
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2004 , 09:19  
Reply With Quote #8

Ok reworked name changing system in 0.2. Didn't touch anything else yet. Getting names right is enough of a hassle and has taken a lot of work to hopefully get right. See if it works OK?
knocker
Old 09-17-2004 , 10:15  
Reply With Quote #9

ill test it tonight or in a couple of days ... busy right now
Send a message via ICQ to knocker
lobstah
Old 09-17-2004 , 14:40  
Reply With Quote #10

if you happen to feel like coding this for ipb and need testing grounds i am down @ thebloodshed.com
Send a message via MSN to lobstah