Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

WWW Reg

Post New Thread Reply   

Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2004 , 15:30  
Reply With Quote #21

The motd window is not entirely without trouble. Writing messages is probably hard to do because when I tap space the motd window closes... However reading should work ,as long as you can log in without having to enter your details. Which I can't since I have spaces in my name in my phpbb :-\

I think I will aim the pm/forums part more towards reading quick pms, and won't give any support in writing pms back because withoutthespace,howwouldyoutypeanydecentmessa geswithoutitgettingboring
knocker
Old 05-29-2004 , 17:02  
Reply With Quote #22

lol ... as i said before reading/writing pms is not so important (in my opinion ;)) .

btw did you read the post in general forum which added admin settings for a server to a phpbb?
Send a message via ICQ to knocker
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2004 , 05:44  
Reply With Quote #23

Well the pm reading client in this plugin is nearly complete anyway, you can't stop me now no one can!
knocker
Old 05-30-2004 , 07:08  
Reply With Quote #24

wasnt ment as an offence ;)

im glad you work so hard on this stuff ...
Send a message via ICQ to knocker
tla-nick
Old 05-30-2004 , 15:25  
Reply With Quote #25

I've tried to look at this plugin / mod but I can't seem to get the .rar file to open.

I get the error message:
Quote:
Cannot open wwwreg.rar
No files to extract
I've downloaded twice (and got the same md5sum file each tim) so I think this might be my archive tool messing up, though I havn't had any other rar troubles, could someone confim the file is ok?

- Another Disgruntled Microsoft User
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2004 , 15:29  
Reply With Quote #26

works for me.
Old 06-02-2004 , 20:36  
Reply With Quote #27

Alright than..
I've seen some bugs and I'll try to describe them the best I can in English. If you dont understand please dont be shy, query k`Ingerfara on IRC (Notice that I am Swedish).

When a user connects at the same time as another user disconnects the new player will be forced to use the other players nick.

I'll make an exempel for you:
Player1 connects
Player2 disconnects at the same time
Player1 gets forced to use Player2 as his nick and can't change.

What happends if he tries to change you might ask?
To explain this I needed a screenshot. You see the two marks on the picture, both nicks is the same guy. He got forced to use 'Ullmerkott' and when he tried to change back to 'EpsychE' this happend. You can also see that the colors when he used say isnt correct.

This affects both registered and unregistered users.
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2004 , 11:16  
Reply With Quote #28

Yes - I'm aware of this. Not sure here if I will be updating this plugin anytime soon.

1. I am working on a phpbb <> amx plugin that came out of this plugin, you have to mod your phpbb, but can then integrate your forum with your game servers.
2. This plugin would be fine on its own, without bringing any forums in, though it probably needs fixing that name issue and any other upcoming issues. Right now I prioritize the forum mod more though
3. I will probably wait until AMXx 0.20 hits us before releasing anything regarding this at all, because of the updates to the db api. Just too much work having to do it all now and then have to rewrite all the db parts later.
preppen
Old 06-04-2004 , 12:32   bad
Reply With Quote #29

I tried to use wwwreg.amx...

I did all changes to the php file and checked the database, it works, I got registerd.

My server uses the same database to load admins from so I KNOW it works...

My problem is, when I check my amx plugins i consol whith command amx_plugins I get bad load from wwwreg.amx???

any idea why?
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 06-07-2004 , 12:24  
Reply With Quote #30

It also needs ENGINE module.
Look at the #include:s in source and you see what modules are needed.