Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Zombie mode inspired by muselk's videos
    Old 04-17-2017 , 15:33   [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
    Reply With Quote #1

Hello everyone, this is my first time here and i don't speak english really well so forgive me please.

Description:

This plugin implements muselk's zombie mode (i believe he had the idea but i coded the plugin on my own). The zombies are the blue medics and the survivor are the red engineers.
    The gameplay is the classic zombie mode gameplay; once a survivor dies, he becomes a zombie.
    The game ends only with zombies's victory (if every survivor died).
    Cvars:
    • zve_setup_time time controls the time during which engineers can safely setup 30 seconds by default.
    • zve_round_time Round time, 5 minutes by default.
    • zve_super_zombies How much time before round end zombies gain super abilities.30 seconds by default. Set to 0 to disable it.
    • zve_tanks How much time after setup the first zombies have a health boost. Set to 0 to disable it. 60 seconds by default.
    Features:

• Zombies can only be medic.
    • Zombies can only use melee weapons.
    • Survivors can't build sentries but they can build everything else.
    • All doors are open (well, more like deleted from the map).
    • Every other game mechanic (capture, payload pushin, etc.) has been desactivated.
    Installation and compiling
    In order to install the plugin on the server, you need to drop engiesVSmedics.smx, STUCK.smx and damagespeed.smx into your plugins folder.
    In order to compile the plugin you need the source code obviously but you also need to download and install and include smlib (too lazy for a link)

Known issues:
    If you encounter any of those which breaks the game (server crash, etc...).
    Please repport it on this thread WITH a server log (otherwise debugging would be very hard).
    • Timer is messed up on maps with a setup time. However, since the doors gets deleted after some times, it doesn't break the game.
    • Inadvertently broke the chat colors
    • Engineers always win twice
    • Sometimes a medic can spawn without being restricted to melee
    WARNINGS:
    • I'm not sure which version of the source pawn compiler the forum uses so please use my smx.
    • If you wanna contribute, pm me or better, contribute on git. Please DO NOT post improved versions of the plugin on this thread. It's quite confusing for those who want to try this plugin and quite stressful for me (yeah i'm a student so i can't spend all my time, well nearly no time at all coding this).
    • If you really want to help, help me with the bug fixing part; it's better for the server admins to have a small robust plugin than to have tons of features but a buggy core.
    • If you use some part of my code, please credit me.
    Changelog:
    • Rewrote most of the plugin to not need a stupid large array anymore.
    • Added some cool effects (sounds and colors !) for when someone gets infected.
    • Collisions have been activated for zombies so they can stack up and reach humans.
    • Made the zombies have 1500 hp (so that they are more stressing for humans)
    • Gave 100% crits to the survivor because the sound effects are cool.
    • Couldn't fix the bug where sometimes the medics spawn with all their weapons, however medics can now only deal damages using melee weapons .
    • Fixed the bug where the infection timer would fire twice (however red team still always wins twice...)
    • Added a command to disable collisions for players when they're stuck (!stuck)
    • Made an extensive use of smlib to decrease the number of lines of code.
    1.2.2:
    • Fixed map logic on maps using teleportation to let the players out the spawn.
    • Fixed a bug that'd would break the plugin under some circumstances.
    • Rewritten some parts of the code, removed the compilation's warnings.
    1.2.1:
    • Found a way to change a player's team without killing him thus reducing server load.
    • Prevented player from using explode and spectate commands.
    • Fixed a bug allowing medics to spawn with normal weapons.
    1.2:
    • Improved weapon stripping (now uses conditions instead of crudely removing weapons)
    • Fixed the bug that would make the players spawn under/on the map in bugged spectator team.
    • Possibly fixed edict overflow errors.
    • Possibly fixed client crash.
    • Added zombie boost near the end of the round (crits and diminished gravity)
    • Added zombie health boost for the first zombies
    • Added a countdown before the zombies are set free.
    • Added round time after which red team wins.

1.1.1:
    • Vastly improved teams and class restriction look
    • Made players unable to join spectators (they would spot hidden engineers)
    • Fixed flaws through setup system
    1.1:
    • Cleaning dropped entities (ammo and weapons) in order to avoid edict overflow.
    • Added setup time for engineers
    • Added Cvar to control setup time zve_setup_time time
    • Fixed some doors being replaced by visual glitches
    • Improved sentry forbidding (now they can't even be placed through pda).
    • Fixed plugin breaking on map change.

Upcoming Features:
    • Replace the op medic jump at the end of the round with some hunger mechanic for the engineers
    • Commands
    • Cvars
    • Fix the warnings
    Muselk's version:

Muselk is a well known tf2 youtuber some time ago, he made a video about a custom gamemode : zombie vs engineers.

He later got a plugin (made it himself?) and set up some public server but those were always full and closed after a few months. I couldn't find this plugin anywhere so i coded it myself.
    You can see muselk's video about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OGELQemdKE

My version:

I recorded myself playing with bots so you could check it by yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gCd...ature=youtu.be

You can also play on my test server which i quickly set up on my vps: 51.254.138.48
    Contributors:
    • SnowTigerVidz (coding, colors and ideas).
    • Jillchang (Testing)
    • Vadia (coding, translations)
    GitHub repository:

I've added the script on github so you can fork it and make a pull request. I know it's not a very big project but i'm trying to get my hands on git. Anyway, here's the link; https://github.com/evrardco/EngineersVSMedics
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (damagespeed.sp - 1632 views - 2.1 KB)
    File Type: txt engiesVSmedics.phrases.txt (2.3 KB, 789 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (STUCK.sp - 1333 views - 1.1 KB)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (engiesVSmedics.sp - 659 views - 20.0 KB)

Last edited by shewowkees; 07-18-2017 at 14:25. Reason: Added Cvars description
    Riotline
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-17-2017 , 22:03   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
    Reply With Quote #2

This is cool, I made my own version for my community.

Hope this gets better every verison!
    Old 04-18-2017 , 04:15   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
    Reply With Quote #3

Well it will ! Probably after my finals though...
    Jillchang
    Old 04-20-2017 , 21:17   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
    Reply With Quote #4

Seems like mod is unstable. I get the edict overflow, and I bet it is due to the teamchange functionality.

We had a old plugin where when players constantly try to join a restricted team, the weapons will constantly spawn and delete, causing edits to overflow.

Happened when more than 23 players joined I believe.

Last edited by Jillchang; 04-20-2017 at 21:19.
    Jillchang
    Old 04-20-2017 , 21:37   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
    Reply With Quote #5

Couple more things
    1) I spawned underground in pl_badwater.
    After one player joined, server crashed.

2) Also, whenever I crouch, screen shakes (happens to everyone), as if it doesn't want to let me to crouch.

3) Checked logs and it gave me edict overflow again.
    Perhaps the underground spawn was a mishap and just happened cuz server crashed?

4) How do we make setup time longer in the beginning so engies have time to set up?

5) Perhaps instead of breaking sentries, make it so it is disabled on pda instead? Like on this plugin https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=642578 you can cvar it to 0 and it doesn't let you even choose sentries.

*Update: Testing it 5 times and crashed with edict overflow: (kept disabling plugins and went bare sourcemod plugins but still crashed).

Last edited by Jillchang; 04-20-2017 at 22:08.
    shewowkees
    Old 04-21-2017 , 12:30   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
    Reply With Quote #6

Thanks for the feedback everyone !

I did not know you could block player commands that easily ! Thanks, I'll probably use this way of disabling sentries

I find it very weird that you have such errors, i've had a lot of errors during early testing but never this one... :/ I honestly don't even know what it means, can someone tell it to me? I've had up to five players joining my server and it didn't crash, could you send me a log?

The plugin is still a work in progress... I thought it was stable which is why i released it on here but apparently not...
    Also, preparation time is not implemented yet i was intending to do it during this weekend but i'll work on those bugs instead.

Keep in mind that where i live, the college exams are coming in a few weeks so i won't have much time to spend on this plugin but I'll do what i can !
    Jillchang
    Old 04-21-2017 , 18:15   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shewowkees View Post
    Thanks for the feedback everyone !

I did not know you could block player commands that easily ! Thanks, I'll probably use this way of disabling sentries

I find it very weird that you have such errors, i've had a lot of errors during early testing but never this one... :/ I honestly don't even know what it means, can someone tell it to me? I've had up to five players joining my server and it didn't crash, could you send me a log?

The plugin is still a work in progress... I thought it was stable which is why i released it on here but apparently not...
    Also, preparation time is not implemented yet i was intending to do it during this weekend but i'll work on those bugs instead.

Keep in mind that where i live, the college exams are coming in a few weeks so i won't have much time to spend on this plugin but I'll do what i can !
    Thanks for making it!
    The 'edict' error means that there are entities somewhere being created at an extremely high rate. Usually the game has a limit of so many entities, so it will crash the server if it goes past it.

One cause I had to face was that when a team was restricted, players could constantly try to join it and spawn a bunch of entities as they did (probably weapons). Perhaps there is a specific reason on the back-end, but I know that something related to that symptom is a cause.

I tried on a fresh install, and the edict error still occurred. This was on a server with at least 20 players (my friends love the mod and so does a lot of people).

If you can look into it this weekend that would be great!!!
    A handful of people requested this and finally someone is willing to make it.

Last edited by Jillchang; 04-21-2017 at 18:48.
    vadia111
    Old 04-22-2017 , 13:06   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
    Reply With Quote #8

Remove time to be away..... because then the time of hiding in certain places without being removed from the server

Last edited by vadia111; 04-22-2017 at 13:20.
    Jillchang
    Old 04-23-2017 , 04:19   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vadia111 View Post
    Remove time to be away..... because then the time of hiding in certain places without being removed from the server
    You mean remove timelimit on rounds? That should be configurable if added.
    cigzag
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-23-2017 , 04:40   Re: [TF2] Zombies VS Enginners (Muselk)
    Reply With Quote #10

Hey, I edited the plugin, and its available here

Last edited by cigzag; 06-24-2017 at 20:28. Reason: boi