Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (1.3.2)

Post New Thread Reply   

quadhog
Old 08-31-2009 , 20:16   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.1)
Reply With Quote #21

I must preface by saying that I have not used this plugin yet but by golly please release the "TankFix" as its own plugin...now! (excited there)

Regardless of the current conversation about competitiveness and skill level of teams, the tank spawning on fire is such an idiotic occurance that its a travesty that this is not officially fixed by Valve. I have one friend that this happens to...a lot; it upsets him to no end.

Anyways, this should be available to all servers, vanilla or competitive as it affects us all. I actually think it deserves its own place on the list and will become popular in it's own right as I intend to try this now and turn off everything except tankfix.

Last edited by quadhog; 09-01-2009 at 20:23.
ChillyWI
Old 08-31-2009 , 23:12   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.1)
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyWI View Post
@Frus... had some weird issues on Death Toll 1 with this. We had 2 pills and 2 health packs at the start, and 2 more health packs and pills in the map. This happened for both teams. Players were able to heal as the health kits were normal. However, upon reaching the safe room the scores were based on if the health packs remaining were actually pills. I didn't have the cevo healthpack cvars in there during the game, but just added them back in to try helping reduce the issue.

Other than that it seemed to work really well.
Confirmed the score problem on BH tonight. First team through had their score capped at 200 on stage 1, 296 on stage 2, and then 3-5 seemed normal. The other team's score worked fine. Not sure what the problem is.

Also, on the BH finale we entered the house to find 4 pills instead of kits. After a while I grabbed one, it went into my inventory as pills, and the rest changed into full kits. The other team had 4 kits there. Could this be a problem with the cevo kit conversion cvars or is it something else?

I also just installed the Ready Up plugin, so there's a chance that could be causing the score issue. Will test further when I have a chance.
bispoom
Old 09-01-2009 , 00:22   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.1)
Reply With Quote #23

hi good work wioth the plugin but
i have the same problems in deathtoll
and more one (sorry for bad inglish),i like 4 medkits in de start of all maps
howto
?
tanks for much and please update the plugin with new cevos and bugfixes
the comunity has very apreciated of this. ^^
tank's a lot
Frus
Old 09-01-2009 , 14:25   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.1)
Reply With Quote #24

As far as the score and healthkit bugs, My plugin does not touch the score at all, any issues you have will be from vanilla L4D or other plugins you have. Depending how you have you server set up, you need to make you are restarting the level after changing mp_gamemode versus and changing this plugin's cvars. The only time I have seen the healthkits at the start is when the cvar to disable all healthkits is not activated. The plugin will try to disable that cvar when the map loads, so once again, make sure you are restarting the map before playing, and you don't have any plugins or configs relating to changing how many medkits there are.

@Chilly: read the known bugs, that will happen if somebody on your team did not grab a set of pills at the beginning.

@quad: I am not intending to create a balanced pub config in any way. I am well aware that with everything enabled this plugin is not suitable for pubs, and I have no intention of balancing it as such, or creating a separate pub version.

@bispoom: All the cvars are in my first post. If you set these 3 cvars only the tankfix and tier 2 disable will be enabled.

Code:
l4d_comp_enable 1
l4d_kit_disable 0
l4d_finale_kit_enable 0
ChillyWI
Old 09-01-2009 , 15:05   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.1)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frus View Post
@Chilly: read the known bugs, that will happen if somebody on your team did not grab a set of pills at the beginning.
Ahh, that's what happened. We noticed an extra set of pills in the beginning, but everyone had theirs. I've seen that happen on rare occasions with kits too, where a team gets an extra. I'll just instruct our players to shoot a teammate once and have them take their pills so all can be picked up right away.

You might want to consider it on your end as well, though. Maybe make the kits the ones in the starting safe room and the pills at the finale itself? That way the functionality would work right and they'd just have to leave the extra kit @ the start. Dunno if that would work for all situations though. Hope you figure something out.

I've disabled the ready up plugin and removed all other customized settings other than Ydiss' ProMaps configs w/ Stripper. Will report back. Thanks for your help and kudos for a good mod.
ChillyWI
Old 09-01-2009 , 15:15   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.1)
Reply With Quote #26

Figured it out. We had Ready Up doing the mid-round re-ready, which was forcing one team's score to 200 and then to 200*multiplier-teamdamage_during_restart. So I fixed that and it's confirmed it has nothing to do with this mod. Thanks again.
Frus
Old 09-01-2009 , 16:04   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.1)
Reply With Quote #27

I would prefer to have the kits at the finaleitself, if only for continuity. As far as the bug L4D has spawning an extra kit (or in this mod's case, a set of pills) I did not realize it would cause only 3 kits to spawn at the finale.

I have no idea what causes the bug, but I'll try to get around to doing something about it breaking the plugin.
ChillyWI
Old 09-01-2009 , 16:18   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.1)
Reply With Quote #28

I'll be more specific about what happened so you can troubleshoot it better. We had 5 pills in the safe room and we each took 1, leaving 1 set behind. When we got to the BH farmhouse, there were 4 sets of pills on the table. We hadn't used any of our pills yet so we left them. After the first tank, I needed to take my pills and grabbed a replacement from the table which left 3. Immediately upon picking up the pills the remaining 3 turned into health packs. The pills I picked up went into my inventory as pills, as expected. HTH.
vinneger
Old 09-02-2009 , 06:52   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.1)
Reply With Quote #29

I would like to request something, - for a tank to spawn everyround. It would be even more competitive and even scarier for the survivors. This game's intention is to allow survivors to crawl into the safehouse and not running healthily even with pills.(i think). And even normal coordinated attacks could not damage the survivors much(depending on the team), so having a tank everyround could allow a tremendous change in the gameplay. Don't flame me pls, sorry for my bad english
Hauwexis
Old 09-02-2009 , 07:28   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.1)
Reply With Quote #30

Hello,

nice Plugin but im missing one Option. Can you include a CVAR which enables a medkit for each survivor in Safehouse but converts the rest of the maps in pills? I think at the beginning its better to have 4 medkits for the start. It will be great if you could do this because we have then 2 options with your plugin. 1st option =only pills 2nd option 4 medkits in saferooms, rest pills.

Greets