Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)

Post New Thread Reply   

Gurluas
Old 05-01-2010 , 11:49   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (1.7)
Reply With Quote #191

Solution to the spectator problem is easy: Add a !js command, just like the one used in the infected bots minigame.

Another suggestion would be something which could change your character to a standard one right before you die in versus.
troop5
Old 05-01-2010 , 18:35   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (1.7)
Reply With Quote #192

Would like to point out a bug.

This:
case 1: // Francis
{
if (!g_bL4DVersion)
SetEntData(param1, FindSendPropInfo("CTerrorPlayer", "m_survivorCharacter"), 3, 1, true);

Should be this:
{
if (!g_bL4DVersion)
SetEntData(param1, FindSendPropInfo("CTerrorPlayer", "m_survivorCharacter"), 2, 1, true);
Gurluas
Old 05-02-2010 , 07:57   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (1.7)
Reply With Quote #193

What does it mean?
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2010 , 06:51   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (1.7)
Reply With Quote #194

I have some suggestions to make after using this since release in our 10vs10 server.

When too many players change their character which result in a missing L4D2 character or more, their distance score does not count, through it will still count how many escaped/reached the safe room, but not the distance.

Can something be done to fix that?

Maybe add a option to reset all changed characters that reach the end safe room just before the round ends to reset to default characters?

Or maybe just add something so the scoring is adjusted to add them?
Hunterbrute
Old 05-03-2010 , 09:02   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (1.7)
Reply With Quote #195

For a future update do you think you could make an admin menu to set the model of a player/bot?
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2010 , 09:41   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (1.7)
Reply With Quote #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterbrute View Post
For a future update do you think you could make an admin menu to set the model of a player/bot?
Don't see the reason for this since admin's can be anything they like on both Infected as well as Survivor.

Can you explain more? Maybe am not understanding you right?
Hunterbrute
Old 05-03-2010 , 10:01   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (1.7)
Reply With Quote #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
Don't see the reason for this since admin's can be anything they like on both Infected as well as Survivor.

Can you explain more? Maybe am not understanding you right?
I mean letting the admin set the model/character of a bot or player. I know as an admin i can change my model to infected, but it would also be useful if I could do the same to others, or change 1 survivor bot into another survivor.

Also one thing I noticed was when I change my model to an infected and get switched to infected team, I cant change it back to a survivor and switch back, is this intentional?

Last edited by Hunterbrute; 05-03-2010 at 10:06.
ball2hi
Old 05-03-2010 , 11:47   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (1.7)
Reply With Quote #198

I'm loving this so far, and I was wondering if there was a way to make the following :
1.) Allow ONLY the survivors to change their models, and they can not change their models to that of infected. Infected team will be unable to change their models.

2.) A cvar that makes it so ONLY admins are allowed to use CSM.

Also, it seems that changing ur in-game character to a l4d1 survivor in l4D2 will cause ur character to dissapear off the scoreboard, which doesn't make versus good.

Last edited by ball2hi; 05-03-2010 at 13:10.
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2010 , 14:47   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (1.7)
Reply With Quote #199

AHHHHH LOTS OF POSTS1!!11!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
i have that too, and more, issues with l4d1 survivors with this plugin installed added as 5,6 bots on my own 6-playercount multislot coop server and i cant take over the bots when going to take a break or when spectating, that really sucks, so ill most probably return to the previous version of this im sad about that
Cigs and I have made a solution to that, it will be released soon.

Quote:
Yea. When i reached the saferoom, the scores didnt count towards the total. It is as if i died at the start of the map (i choose to be zoey atthe start of the map). But they still say survivor bonus 4 X 25. lol
A simple workaround (which I'll implement) would be to change their character (not their model) when the round ends so that they count. It will be implemented in the next version.

Quote:
Would like to point out a bug.

This:
{
if (!g_bL4DVersion)
SetEntData(param1, FindSendPropInfo("CTerrorPlayer", "m_survivorCharacter"), 3, 1, true);

Should be this:
{
if (!g_bL4DVersion)
SetEntData(param1, FindSendPropInfo("CTerrorPlayer", "m_survivorCharacter"), 2, 1, true);
F***, you're correct. Will be fixed in the next version.

Quote:
I mean letting the admin set the model/character of a bot or player. I know as an admin i can change my model to infected, but it would also be useful if I could do the same to others, or change 1 survivor bot into another survivor.

Also one thing I noticed was when I change my model to an infected and get switched to infected team, I cant change it back to a survivor and switch back, is this intentional?
I might implement that, shouldn't be too hard.

Quote:
I'm loving this so far, and I was wondering if there was a way to make the following :
1.) Allow ONLY the survivors to change their models, and they can not change their models to that of infected. Infected team will be unable to change their models.

2.) A cvar that makes it so ONLY admins are allowed to use CSM.

Also, it seems that changing ur in-game character to a l4d1 survivor in l4D2 will cause ur character to dissapear off the scoreboard, which doesn't make versus good.
1. I would set l4d_csm_infected_menu to 0 and l4d_csm_models_only to 1

2. Will be done.
ball2hi
Old 05-03-2010 , 23:26   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (1.7)
Reply With Quote #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi123645 View Post
AHHHHH LOTS OF POSTS1!!11!

Cigs and I have made a solution to that, it will be released soon.

A simple workaround (which I'll implement) would be to change their character (not their model) when the round ends so that they count. It will be implemented in the next version.

F***, you're correct. Will be fixed in the next version.

I might implement that, shouldn't be too hard.

1. I would set l4d_csm_infected_menu to 0 and l4d_csm_models_only to 1

2. Will be done.
Here are a few suggestions on what you NEED to do for this plugin (Please).

1.) Allow a cvar that allows CHARACTER changing to be allowed for admins to be disabled or enabled. (I dont want players OR admins being able to change characters, only models.)
2.) Allow a cvar that disables / enables the ability for INFECTED to be able to use the CSM. (I've made it so that only the survivor models are usable but sometimes some jackass on the infected team wont listen when I say dont use CSM while playing infected and make himself look like a survivor so he can abuse it.)
3.) Allow a cvar that disables the advertisement of the plugin... I don't want to see everyone and their mother typing !csm and knowing about it.

I also would like to report a crashing bug. It seems if you turn your SPAWNED infected into a survivor MODEL (Zoey, Louis, ect.) and the round ends and its your time to become survivor, if you don't change your model back to your DEFAULT infected in time the server crashes.

Last edited by ball2hi; 05-04-2010 at 00:35.