Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Learning Plugin Basics

Post New Thread Reply   

Dr Jekyll
Old 03-15-2013 , 17:58   Learning Plugin Basics
Reply With Quote #1

I'm probably posting this is the wrong place, but I searched the plugins subforum and didn't see any other place to post this.

I've installed a HL2 dedicated server for TF2, installed sourcemod and metamod, tested it (it's working), and am currently trying to install a plugin for the first time. The plugin is called flying medic (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...=138016&page=2) but despite spending a couple hours trying to get it working I have been unsuccessful. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I have a feeling it's something so basic that nobody's bothered to mention it in any of the help threads I've read through.

Could someone point me to a tutorial where I can get familiar with the basics of plugins, such as what files they consist of, how to install them, how to enable them on a server, etc.?
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 03-15-2013 , 18:02   Re: Learning Plugin Basics
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekyll View Post
I'm probably posting this is the wrong place, but I searched the plugins subforum and didn't see any other place to post this.
You did. You should have posted it in the Sourcemod section, not the AMXModX section. Anyways, moved for you

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Thrawn2
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2013 , 18:28   Re: Learning Plugin Basics
Reply With Quote #3

http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Managing_...alling_Plugins