Post New Thread Reply   

daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-01-2013 , 09:44   Re: Server Crashes Frequently
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Do you have an Accelerator ID?
I do not, I completely rebuilt my servers and moved back to Windows. I can try and re-add it though. Just for testing purposes as I re-add modules.

Edit: Oh looks like you've updated it. Nice

I've added it to all my servers and I will see if I can get any additional information today.

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d

Last edited by daleGEND; 06-01-2013 at 10:05.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-01-2013 , 10:44   Server Crashes Frequently
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleGEND View Post
Oh looks like you've updated it. Nice
Indeed. The new plugin fully supports Windows as well as Linux, and the backend has symbols for at least all of SourceMod and my extensions, so should give a good hint if the crash is caused by a plugin directly (make sure you have a very recent snapshot in order to get SourceMod symbols).
Old 06-01-2013 , 10:46   Re: Server Crashes Frequently
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Indeed. The new plugin fully supports Windows as well as Linux, and the backend has symbols for at least all of SourceMod and my extensions, so should give a good hint if the crash is caused by a plugin directly (make sure you have a very recent snapshot in order to get SourceMod symbols).
Would SourceMod v1.5.0-dev+3841 be good enough?

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-01-2013 , 12:13   Server Crashes Frequently
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleGEND View Post
Would SourceMod v1.5.0-dev+3841 be good enough?
As that's the latest, yeah.
Old 06-01-2013 , 12:15   Re: Server Crashes Frequently
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
As that's the latest, yeah.
Oh sorry, I didn't check the snapshots to see if anything new has been released. I'll let you know if anything comes up.

thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 06-01-2013 , 12:58   Re: Server Crashes Frequently
Reply With Quote #36

On an unrelated note daleGEND, I stopped by bor3d's MG server a few days ago and noticed the majority of my community members started calling it home after I shut mine down, so if you need/want assistance >;3.

On topic, when I ran a MG server I couldn't run any type of supporter plugin that created entities as they did NOT play well with other maps. In addition, plugins that modified a player's m_iName value also seemed to cause issues as maps assumed that a specific name would be available. That being said, MG maps are usually not of the highest quality and are prone to crashing regardless.
Old 06-01-2013 , 13:32   Re: Server Crashes Frequently
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
On an unrelated note daleGEND, I stopped by bor3d's MG server a few days ago and noticed the majority of my community members started calling it home after I shut mine down, so if you need/want assistance >;3.

On topic, when I ran a MG server I couldn't run any type of supporter plugin that created entities as they did NOT play well with other maps. In addition, plugins that modified a player's m_iName value also seemed to cause issues as maps assumed that a specific name would be available. That being said, MG maps are usually not of the highest quality and are prone to crashing regardless.
Thanks Panda, I appreciate the support. Feel free to add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d

thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 06-06-2013 , 19:02   Re: Server Crashes Frequently
Reply With Quote #38

I ended up joining Bor3d Gaming as their Server Tech. After five days of tracing and debugging all other potential crash reasons, I've narrowed it down to one of four Store plugins. I'll narrow it down further over the next week (to ensure there's no crashes between each modification), but it's looking to be one of the following: Equipment, Trails, Grenade Trails, and Grenade Models. I'm fairly certain it's Equipment, as the other three I have experience within not causing crashes. A good number of MiniGame maps (for CS:S) have entities that effect the player's general area, such as env_explosions, as well as maps that attach additional items to players. The interesting fact is when the server crashes, it's entirely within server.dll and no hints of plugin involvement, which further hints to Equipment being the cause. It's likely no fault of the actual plugin, just an incompatibility with the map/feature type. I'll update once a definite is confirmed.

Edit: Grenade Trails and Grenade Models have not caused crashes.
Edit2: Trails has caused crashes, where as Equipment actually has not... That shoots my theory to shit.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 06-11-2013 at 12:57.