Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Module: Half-Life Weapon Mod (v0.8)

Post New Thread Reply   

frank_freeman
Old 01-13-2013 , 09:11   Re: Module: Half-Life Weapon Mod (v0.7)
Reply With Quote #101

I had to add weapon_crowbar and weapon_9mmhandgun.
Again - thank you very much for your help.
I really love the weapon module and the plugins
KORD_12.7
Old 01-14-2013 , 03:20   Re: Module: Half-Life Weapon Mod (v0.7)
Reply With Quote #102

You are welcome

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Russian Half-Life and Adrenaline Gamer community
Send a message via ICQ to KORD_12.7
SeriousSam
Old 02-24-2013 , 18:36   Re: Module: Half-Life Weapon Mod (v0.3 Beta)
Reply With Quote #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp@jk View Post
wow, this is great, can this be done for CS ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORD_12.7 View Post
For CS? Nope.
Actually, it CAN. I made such a mod a few years ago with the help of Arkshine. I had almost 100 guns in my server at one point. I lost interest later, but I feel like playing around with CS again since yesterday and I'm setting up a server right now.

So, if there is enough interest for this mod, I might just go ahead and rebuild it. I still remember how most of it worked.
Old 02-25-2013 , 05:09   Re: Module: Half-Life Weapon Mod (v0.7)
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
100 guns
Yep, 100 pseudo-weapons based on original CS weapons, that have one ID and problems with hud. But anyway it's possible to block default weapons in CS and replace them by custom weapons (with 31 count limit).

Quote:
So, if there is enough interest for this mod, I might just go ahead and rebuild it. I still remember how most of it worked.
Arkshine's module will be done soon:
Quote:
Working on : CS Weapon Mod (71%)

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Russian Half-Life and Adrenaline Gamer community
Send a message via ICQ to KORD_12.7
SeriousSam
Old 02-25-2013 , 08:11   Re: Module: Half-Life Weapon Mod (v0.7)
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Yep, 100 pseudo-weapons based on original CS weapons, that have one ID and problems with hud.
I don't really mind this. They were all based on the knife, and work pretty well in the game, none of the players that came in my server had any complaints with them. They felt about the same as the original weapons in every way. Though, I really wish I could put more guns, but the 512 precache limit really hit me. If that wasn't there, I'd put all guns in the world

Quote:
Arkshine's module will be done soon:
I haven't been around in years, so I didn't know that he took over. I'm interested too in seeing how well his works.

Last edited by SeriousSam; 02-25-2013 at 08:16.
Send a message via Skype™ to SeriousSam
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 02-25-2013 , 08:57   Re: Module: Half-Life Weapon Mod (v0.7)
Reply With Quote #106

SeriousSam, the weaponMod plugin done by Devcones was cool, but not having HUD support was really an issue itself. Typing x times on the knife key to get the wanted weapon was really painful. With few weapons, it could be easy and I remember I had a lot of fun, but more weapons, it's just unpractical. Also, there is no point to load too much weapons at once because 1) people won't use all the weapons in-game 2) you have to think to people who will need to download a massive amount of resources 3) You hit the resources limit and you don't have room for others things. That's said the module I'm working is kind of the same as KORD's WeaponMod HL module, but with the specificities of my module and of CS (which for the latter is a pain).
Old 02-25-2013 , 09:11   Re: Module: Half-Life Weapon Mod (v0.7)
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
but not having HUD support was really an issue itself.
True, I'd love to see you manage to find a workaround for that, though I can live without the hud.
Quote:
Typing x times on the knife key to get the wanted weapon was really painful. With few weapons, it could be easy and I remember I had a lot of fun, but more weapons, it's just unpractical.
My version was letting you carry only one custom weapon and you had to drop it if you wanted another, so in the knife slot you were only carrying the knife and 1 custom weapon, which was not that hard to use.

Quote:
Also, there is no point to load too much weapons at once
For me, there is, because I love guns and I want to have a huge variety of them to choose from. My friends agree. It really adds to the game.

Well, anyways, I might rebuild my mod now because I have my interest in CS back, I have a few nifty ideas how to make it even better, too. If you're releasing a better working and more user friendly module, that also means that I don't need to release mine, so I don't have to make it user friendly, phew

Last edited by SeriousSam; 02-25-2013 at 09:12.
Send a message via Skype™ to SeriousSam
Arkshine
Old 02-25-2013 , 09:40   Re: Module: Half-Life Weapon Mod (v0.7)
Reply With Quote #108

No need "workaround". Just a matter to have a weapon_name.txt file in sprites/ folder and if you replace an original weapon, you have nothing to do, or if not, just need to send WeaponList.
Loving guns and configuring intelligently your server is a different matter. You should aim to a compromise between the resources to download/gameplay/accessibility. I understand what you mean, but I would personally prefer to have less weapons and loading them specifically depending the map so people can choose fastly, can have different weapons. I mean, you can have 100 weapons, but depending the mod/map/gameplay wanted, you could choose specifically what weapons to load to let users enjoying better immersion.
You miss also the point a pawn plugin is very very inefficient, and making a module for that is really a must. If you are interested how it will be done, you can just look at WeaponMod HL, it will use basically the same way, except CS is a bitch and many things have to be done differently.
Old 02-25-2013 , 10:49   Re: Module: Half-Life Weapon Mod (v0.7)
Reply With Quote #109

31 weapons - it is very small: (

Quote:
You miss also the point a pawn plugin is very very inefficient
This is normal. The only problem is, nope crosshair size with firing
Old 02-25-2013 , 11:47   Re: Module: Half-Life Weapon Mod (v0.7)
Reply With Quote #110

Creating and loading weapons are two different things. Loading 31 weapons is a already a lot ; you are not going to play with all such weapons at once. I've tried some HL mod with a lot of weapons, and it's just not possible/not practical on one map to play with all. Instead of focusing to have as much as possible weapons in-game, you should load only few but very good weapons and configuring weapons depending the map/mod/gameplay. It will far far far better.

About the crosshair, there is no problems, you can have custom one, it works with my module.

Last edited by Arkshine; 02-25-2013 at 11:49.