Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2006 , 13:34   Re: AMX Cards
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixTwin View Post
Wouldn't it make more sence just todo:
Code:
set_user_health(id,get_user_health(id) + 3))
So it dosen't actually have to store the information somewere.

Also, you should make a cvar on the time you can do another card.
Read the functionailty of the ability, and you will understand why this was done.
mateo10
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2006 , 14:32   Re: AMX Cards
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixTwin View Post
Also, you should make a cvar on the time you can do another card.
Just change the CARD_DELAY in the .sma from 300 (5 minutes) to whatever you want.
Alka
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 12-04-2006 , 14:50   Re: AMX Cards [v1.1a]
Reply With Quote #23

i don't know....please help me!! is not working..
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2006 , 18:45   Re: AMX Cards
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo10 View Post
Just change the CARD_DELAY in the .sma from 300 (5 minutes) to whatever you want.
If you were to tell every client that can barely even open a .sma file you'd have a flood of help posts. I say just make it a CVAR (it makes more sense).

@Alka
Please provide more info.
ThomasNguyen
Old 12-04-2006 , 19:46   Re: AMX Cards [v1.1a]
Reply With Quote #25

Mateo why not just make a simple cvar for everyone who doesnt kno whow to read a amxx code..
Old 12-04-2006 , 20:51   Re: AMX Cards
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith77 View Post
Read the functionailty of the ability, and you will understand why this was done.
I don't get it D:
Send a message via MSN to Drak
omghax
Old 12-04-2006 , 21:33   Re: AMX Cards [v1.1a]
Reply With Quote #27

So leet, x.X
George Carlin: Reminds me of something my grandfather used to say. He used to say "I'm going upstairs and fuck your grandmother." Well, he was an honest guy, you know? He wasn't going to lie to a little kid.
Send a message via AIM to omghax Send a message via MSN to omghax Send a message via Yahoo to omghax Send a message via Skype™ to omghax
Xanimos
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2006 , 23:14   Re: AMX Cards [v1.1a]
Reply With Quote #28

Just a few suggestions.

1) Use cvars for the max of the Armor and Health (separate cvars)
2) You can cut out repetitive code by replacing this function:
Code:
public rainbowcard(id) {     new name[32]     get_user_name(id, name, 31)         set_hudmessage(0, 0, 255, 0.0, 0.3, 0, 6.0, 12.0)     show_hudmessage(id, "%s's screen has gone crazy!", name)         new rand3 = random_num(1, 4)         switch(rand3)     {         case 1:         {             message_begin(MSG_ONE, g_nMsgScreenFade, {0,0,0}, id)             write_short(read_data(1))             write_short(read_data(2))             write_short(read_data(3))             write_byte (255)             write_byte (0)             write_byte (0)             write_byte (read_data(7))             message_end()         }         case 2:         {             message_begin(MSG_ONE, g_nMsgScreenFade, {0, 0, 0}, id)             write_short(read_data(1))             write_short(read_data(2))             write_short(read_data(3))             write_byte(255)             write_byte(255)             write_byte(0)             write_byte(read_data(7))             message_end()         }         case 3:         {             message_begin(MSG_ONE, g_nMsgScreenFade, {0, 0, 0}, id)             write_short(read_data(1))             write_short(read_data(2))             write_short(read_data(3))             write_byte(255)             write_byte(255)             write_byte(255)             write_byte(read_data(7))             message_end()         }         case 4:         {             message_begin(MSG_ONE, g_nMsgScreenFade, {0, 0, 0}, id)             write_short(read_data(1))             write_short(read_data(2))             write_short(read_data(3))             write_byte(0)             write_byte(255)             write_byte(0)             write_byte(read_data(7))             message_end()         }     } }
with this function:
Code:
public rainbowcard(id) {     new name[32]     get_user_name(id, name, 31)         set_hudmessage(0, 0, 255, 0.0, 0.3, 0, 6.0, 12.0)     show_hudmessage(id, "%s's screen has gone crazy!", name)         new rand3 = random_num(1, 4)     new rgb[3];         switch(rand3)     {         case 1:         {             rgb[0] = 255; //red             rgb[1] = 0;   //green             rgb[2] = 0;   //blue         }         case 2:         {             rgb[0] = 255; //red             rgb[1] = 255; //green             rgb[2] = 0;   //blue         }         case 3:         {             rgb[0] = 255; //red             rgb[1] = 255; //green             rgb[2] = 255; //blue         }         case 4:         {             rgb[0] = 0;   //red             rgb[1] = 255; //green             rgb[2] = 0;   //blue         }     }     message_begin(MSG_ONE, g_nMsgScreenFade, {0,0,0}, id)     write_short(read_data(1))     write_short(read_data(2))     write_short(read_data(3))     write_byte (rgb[0])     write_byte (rgb[1])     write_byte (rgb[2])     write_byte (read_data(7))     message_end() }
Send a message via AIM to Xanimos Send a message via MSN to Xanimos
mateo10
Veteran Member
Old 12-05-2006 , 10:38   Re: AMX Cards [v1.1a]
Reply With Quote #29

V 1.1b

-Added cvars: [card_delay <seconds>] [lifecard_maxhealth <health> default 200] [armorcard_maxarmor <armor> default 500]
-Changed the rainbowcard from Xanimos request

(Download at page one)
[CFF] gr3ed
Old 12-05-2006 , 10:40   Re: AMX Cards [v1.1a]
Reply With Quote #30

Oh, I had no idea someone actually made this I'm learning to code myself as we speak but I'm glad someone made this=] I didn't even know I was clueless we can say. And you might want to add the new cards to the list.

Last edited by [CFF] gr3ed; 12-05-2006 at 10:46.
Send a message via MSN to [CFF] gr3ed Send a message via Yahoo to [CFF] gr3ed