Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Anyone know of a host that offers a turnkey cs go server?

Post New Thread Reply   

Web csgo
Old 05-23-2019 , 06:32   Anyone know of a host that offers a turnkey cs go server?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi gang. Does anyone know of a host that offers a turnkey cs go server? That means they load up everything needed to get the server running, add mods and maintain the server when it crashes (for an extra fee ofcourse.). Thank you in advance for your help.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 05-23-2019 , 19:58   Re: Anyone know of a host that offers a turnkey cs go server?
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web csgo View Post
Hi gang. Does anyone know of a host that offers a turnkey cs go server? That means they load up everything needed to get the server running, add mods and maintain the server when it crashes (for an extra fee ofcourse.). Thank you in advance for your help.
Most GSP's do not support any custom things, even if they (as a service) provide you the ability to install things like SourceMod from their control panels, they do not "support" it from their end at all, and you're completely on your own, when you want to do more than just the "vanilla" server.

The majority of GSP's I've seen that receive negative feedback, is due to users that does not know how to do things, and therefore mess up something with e.g. SourceMod, and then believe their hoster is there to support them all the way along, even if the terms say that they do only support the "vanilla" server.

I mean, why (eventually) shoot yourself in the foot? And if you ask me, that would literally be what such providers would do, if they are providing a such "turnkey" service as you ask for, and especially when we're talking about custom mods.

I'm not saying what you look for is 100% impossible, but I wouldn't ever count on finding a such GSP at all, if I were you.

You will more likely have better luck asking people in the Plugin/Gameplay Ideas and Requests forum, and telling them that you're willing to pay up to $25, $50, $100, ... whatever your budget is, or agree on a hourly rate, to set it all up for you (and likewise: pay them regularly for the "consultation" when something needs to be fixed / changed every now and then).

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].