Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO] Some clients can't connect via console, server not on community browser

Post New Thread Reply   

GlobalEliteTradeServers
Old 04-30-2016 , 13:14   [CS:GO] Some clients can't connect via console, server not on community browser
Reply With Quote #1

Hello all,

We launched a server yesterday and many people were having issues connecting via console and finding the server on the community listing. They were getting an error that timed them out after 30 retries. I'm not really sure even where to begin with this issue, as our error logs are clean.

Any help is greatly apperciated!
GlobalEliteTradeServers
Old 04-30-2016 , 16:23   Re: [CS:GO] Some clients can't connect via console, server not on community browser
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalEliteTradeServers View Post
Hello all,

We launched a server yesterday and many people were having issues connecting via console and finding the server on the community listing. They were getting an error that timed them out after 30 retries. I'm not really sure even where to begin with this issue, as our error logs are clean.

Any help is greatly apperciated!
Alright guys, some extra information: The server that works is :27015, and this one only works for some people. The IP is the same but the port is 27016. We think this has something to do with the issue.
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2016 , 19:17   Re: [CS:GO] Some clients can't connect via console, server not on community browser
Reply With Quote #3

http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamAp...ss/v0001?addr=

put your server ip at the end of that url and paste the output here
GlobalEliteTradeServers
Old 04-30-2016 , 19:39   Re: [CS:GO] Some clients can't connect via console, server not on community browser
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton5 View Post
http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamAp...ss/v0001?addr=

put your server ip at the end of that url and paste the output here
Thank you for the response!

http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamAp....120.100:27016

The issue isn't too widespread, seems to happen for about 15-20% of people. If they manage to find the game server in the community browser and join it / favorite it, they can then connect with the command in console. Such an odd issue. Thanks for the help!
Triniayo
Old 04-30-2016 , 21:45   Re: [CS:GO] Some clients can't connect via console, server not on community browser
Reply With Quote #5

Hello guys.

So, we also took an other startscript now, and the problem is still there. The thought I have is, that the problem is on the client-side, but I have absolutely no clue how it can be fixed. People in several forums said that it's because of the clientport. We've tried it with some people with the clientport, it didn't work, and then after some time, it randomly worked.

So, this problem seems to be completely random, and seems to fix completely random. If you have any input, how to fix this thing, we're glad that you'd post it.

Anyway, my last thought is that we could just change the linux distribution. We're using Ubuntu at the moment. But that would be the absolute last we would do at all.

Thanks for reading, and have a nice night.

Send a message via Skype™ to Triniayo
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2016 , 23:01   Re: [CS:GO] Some clients can't connect via console, server not on community browser
Reply With Quote #6

still don't understand your problem... yea sometimes clients can't connect... the server is changing ports on you? problems across multiple servers? are all your servers sharing a token?

Last edited by hamilton5; 04-30-2016 at 23:03.
GlobalEliteTradeServers
Old 04-30-2016 , 23:04   Re: [CS:GO] Some clients can't connect via console, server not on community browser
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton5 View Post
still don't understand your problem... yea sometimes clients can't connect... the server is changing ports on you? problems across multiple servers? are all your servers sharing a token?
Server is not changing ports on us. The problem is only with 27016, not 27015. Our servers are not sharing a token.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2016 , 23:17   Re: [CS:GO] Some clients can't connect via console, server not on community browser
Reply With Quote #8

Try separating port numbers with a larger deviation.

I used to seperate ports with a deviation of one and hit similar issues.

I moved to a deviation of 100 and it's always been fine.

I think its got to do with things like tv ports which are not disabled.
Old 05-01-2016 , 07:19   Re: [CS:GO] Some clients can't connect via console, server not on community browser
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
Try separating port numbers with a larger deviation.

I used to seperate ports with a deviation of one and hit similar issues.

I moved to a deviation of 100 and it's always been fine.

I think its got to do with things like tv ports which are not disabled.
Thanks, we'll definitely try this!

Send a message via Skype™ to Triniayo