Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

View Poll Results: What do you want to see next?
Stats+Ranking System 84 30.00%
Weapon Restrictions for CS:S 34 12.14%
Spray Tracking/Management 27 9.64%
More Admin Menu Customization 69 24.64%
Other User/Gameplay/Admin Feature (Post) 23 8.21%
Other Scripting/API Feature (Post) 25 8.93%
Teleport Menu+Commands 18 6.43%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

What do you want to see next?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

MeatGrinder
Old 10-21-2007 , 02:26   Re: What do you want to see next?

Can I suggest something not on the list?

I would like to see a full-featured official PHP frontend to manage admins and configurations when using MySQL admins.
Derek
Old 10-21-2007 , 08:09   Re: What do you want to see next?

Use sourcebans lol...
ShadowMoses
Old 10-21-2007 , 08:34   Re: What do you want to see next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose View Post
I personally prefer the advancement of the api improvement, with things such as a client settings api. I prefer not have useless things, like ranks/stats or weapon restrictions...yes they are useless so hush everyone else.
I completely agree with you on that Mongoose. I feel that stats are very useless. I have them on my servers using HLXstats just for my players, but I wouldn't really care to see sourcemod code them at this time.

I feel that there are many things that could to be done first to improve sourcemod besides a stats system.

-Client settings api
-sm_playall and a soundlist (i know there is a 3rd party but still no cvar where is dalto )
-advanced ads
-more menu options

Keep up the good work guys.

Regards,

Shadow
^BuGs^
Old 10-21-2007 , 18:36   Re: What do you want to see next?

Admins menu and spray checking. Everything else should be built by 3rd party or separate extensions for SourceMod and not built into the core commands and functionality.
Falco
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-21-2007 , 19:17   Re: What do you want to see next?

More Admin Menu Customization & advancement of the api improvement
[DmZ|EPSILON CSS 70.75.139.92:27016
[DmZ|EPSILON GG 70.75.167.30:27015
[DmZ|EPSILON CS:GO Classic Casual 70.75.139.92:27013
[DmZ|EPSILON CS:GO Demolition 70.75.139.92:27014
[DmZ|EPSILON BF3 69.46.43.221:25203 (8-slot) Practice Server
www.dmzepsilon.ca
----------------------
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2007 , 22:36   Re: What do you want to see next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by compbry15 View Post
I would like to see a built in Team Balancer based on skill, rather than just numbers.
How do you base on skill? you need to calculate based on numbers, and the most effective algorithm (after much debate between myself and 3 other long time server administrators and plugin developers (including dalto)) we've established that best method for balance is swap highest with lowest based on team win difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGrinder View Post
Can I suggest something not on the list?

I would like to see a full-featured official PHP frontend to manage admins and configurations when using MySQL admins.
You've defined SourceBans, sourcebans is all of this plus more.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
K2
Old 10-22-2007 , 08:01   Re: What do you want to see next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dA.oOZe View Post
Roger that. That's how I'm voting.
compbry15
Old 10-23-2007 , 10:30   Re: What do you want to see next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose View Post
How do you base on skill? you need to calculate based on numbers, and the most effective algorithm (after much debate between myself and 3 other long time server administrators and plugin developers (including dalto)) we've established that best method for balance is swap highest with lowest based on team win difference.
As to how to base on skill? Well yea, thats basically what I meant is swapping around people with certain points. Unfortunately I have to disagree on what is the most effective method. I think you would have to have a bigger picture of the overall scores to develop a good algorithm, other than just swapping highest for lowest. This is what I was thinking:

You keep a variable "balance" (or any other name of course). As you iterate through the teams checking scores, if the person is on the blue team, subtract a point...if on the red team add a point. Then at the end you have the total balance of score. If it is within a certain threshold (+) you need to switch that much skill to the other team. Same thing for (-). You could bring it even deeper if you wanted, but probably just switching 2 players whos total skill would balance the teams would be best.

Example:

You just checked the scores of everyone in the server.
The balance is +50. So red team has a clear advantage.
On the red team you see Orius has a skill of 63 points.
On the blue team you see Bailopan has a skill of 10 (sorry B )
Switch the two, and now the balance is -3. Much better than the +50 before.

You could take this one step further and calculated it based on PPM (points per minute). This would be a far better solution because it would take into account people who just joined. I mean for all we know Bailopan owns and just joined 1 minute ago and already has 10 points, and we just severely unevened the teams in the other direction.

This solution does represent a harder to code solution than just swapping highest with lowest, but it also provides the best form of balancing imo. I also think that if given a plugin with the general means of swapping people around (like balancing template with just no code to check skill), I could modify it to use this algorithm. I just dont have enough sourcepawn experience to deal with swapping people only when they are dead and such...the algorithm itself wouldnt be that hard I don't think. I tried modifying the DOD:S balancing plugin but it was hard to change because it only checks on death and just switches the person who just died if the teams are unbalanced (i.e. 10players-8players), whereas this would need to calculated on an event that happens regularly (death event isn't bad) but switch a person who may not be dead yet when they eventually do die.

Last edited by compbry15; 10-23-2007 at 10:38.
Hopster
Old 10-23-2007 , 11:56   Re: What do you want to see next?

I would like to see Shuffle teams and the ability to put common clan tags on the same team. Or the ability to default putting admins on one team. Or the ability to move a player to another team.
Old 10-23-2007 , 18:59   Re: What do you want to see next?

wait, not, it's not highest for lowest we came up with, it's actually as follows: difference, highest difference in kills for lowest difference.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
Closed Thread