Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

tf2 dedicated server item loss

Post New Thread Reply   

speedreeder
Old 12-26-2009 , 13:52   tf2 dedicated server item loss
Reply With Quote #1

I've just noticed on my server that after 3 or 4 deaths all player weapons revert back to the standard items.

The backpack still shows up, and all unlocked items are in it, but nothing can be equipped. No errors are thrown, either on the client or on the server, hitting equip just does nothing. It's odd because they're totally all there at the beginning of a map, but they're unequippable after a few deaths.

Any one else notice this on their dedicated servers?
wyn10
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-26-2009 , 14:25   Re: tf2 dedicated server item loss
Reply With Quote #2

Ya Ive been noticing it more and more.

I just restart my tf2 and it works fine again. So I think it's the client not the server glitching.
speedreeder
Old 12-26-2009 , 17:21   Re: tf2 dedicated server item loss
Reply With Quote #3

Yeah I hope so. I really only notice it in my servers though. Although I know that the most recent update has messed up the item system pretty good.
h00x
Old 12-26-2009 , 23:06   Re: tf2 dedicated server item loss
Reply With Quote #4

I'm also having the same problem. Although you don't need to reboot/reload the server. Just disconnect from the server and reconnect and your items will be restored. I'm guessing its a problem maybe with steam and client side and not the server or sourcemod? Anyone else havign the same problem or know of a solution?

Edit: Well, I just created two new test servers on both linux and windows and it would seem to be a problem with TF2 or Steam itself. I guess the next update will resolve this problem.

Last edited by h00x; 12-27-2009 at 01:42.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 12-27-2009 , 07:44   Re: tf2 dedicated server item loss
Reply With Quote #5

This has been going on since the soldier/demo update guys and is occuring on lots of servers.

The problem is at valves end and is to do with the big drop system and crafting changes that were implimented with the update.

Random Players can all of a sudden have no access to unlockables even though they and the server are still connected to steam servers.

The problem should be resolved soon by valve.

- Lob (UK)