Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Dugger
Old 04-28-2012 , 00:03   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

nope those didnt work either. Maybe my installation got messed up :/ I guess i will just have to do a fresh install
Diviara27
Old 04-28-2012 , 01:47   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Can somebody help me make vagineer that everytime he kills they turn to gold? I tried the attribute he won't show up in my server. When I removed it he shows up. I can't understand why. Also, why is it that everytime i backstab it only does 272 damage.

Last edited by Diviara27; 04-28-2012 at 01:53.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2012 , 02:00   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugger View Post
I have been having a few problems with this plugin. When players join the server that is on a vsh map it says waiting for more players and i have 10 players in the server. The only way for me to fix this is to type a command in console via rcon that cancels the whole waiting for players. Is there a way to fix this like put that command in the server.cfg or the arena config? or is it a bug?
Try tf_arena_use_queue 0 as well

Last edited by MaloModo; 04-28-2012 at 03:49.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2012 , 02:02   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diviara27 View Post
Guys, is it possible to make a boss model but with materials folder only?
I think what he mean is materials port..give us the link to skin plz. And/or see these:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...1&postcount=98
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...83&postcount=2

Last edited by MaloModo; 04-28-2012 at 02:07.
duydangle
Old 04-28-2012 , 03:09   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

My players reported that they don't feel jumping like in VSH. Currently I do not have time to optimize FF2. Anyone can tell me how to make bosses have jumping like in VSH?
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2012 , 03:48   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindex View Post
Thanks man, I think I figured it out. It seems I actually was missing a model file so I had to take one of the default soldier files and stuck it in the correct directory. Once I did this the server stop trying to re-download the files. I feel like a complete imbecile.
So you just stuck a default soldier model and stuck it in the "correct" directory and all is good. Cheers.
Diviara27
Old 04-28-2012 , 04:54   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
I think what he mean is materials port..give us the link to skin plz. And/or see these:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...1&postcount=98
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...83&postcount=2
I wanted Mario and Luigi as custom hales for my server, but I don't know how. Also, which one? Models or skin?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-28-2012 , 12:59   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Short version:
I've attached a new freak_fortress_2 version that fixes the weapons' attributes field. However, I haven't thoroughly tested it. Reports as version 1.04a.

special_noanims wasn't affected by this bug

Long version:
I just found out something interesting about the attributes key for boss weapons:

Apparently the format that freak_fortress_2.smx is expecting the attributes key to be in is this:
Code:
"attributes" " 150 ;  1"
That's <space><attribute><space>;<space><space><valu e>.

If you have multiple attributes, it's like this:

Code:
"attributes" " 150 ;  1 ;  25 ;  0"
In other words, one leading space at the beginning, then one space before and two spaces after every single semicolon. I found this out while attempting to debug why the attributes key wasn't working on my boss's weapon1 section and found the answers on lines 4045 (for the split pattern) and 1617 (for the leading space). I suspect 1617 is an actual bug.

Incidentally, there's also a bug on line 1617 where one of the spaces is missing in a hard-coded attributes list. Likely, this means the boss is missing both the "boots falling stomp" and "mod see enemy health" attributes. Whether these attributes have always been missing I can't tell. "boots falling stomp" may be working, it depends entirely on how the string "1 ; 269 ; 1 ; " is treated when passed to StringToFloat.

I've attached a fixed version that replaces every instance of <space>;<space><space> with <space>;<space> including two Split patterns within the code.
Attached Files
File Type: smx freak_fortress_2.smx (82.0 KB, 135 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (freak_fortress_2.sp - 147 views - 155.0 KB)

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-28-2012 at 13:01.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-28-2012 , 14:31   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Hot on the heels of the Freak Fortress 2 patch I just posted, here's the new version of FemSpy.

All sound files have been replaced in this version.

Here's what's new:

- All sounds are now mp3s for quicker downloads.
- Fixed slot for Revolver.
- Removed ice statues from config... special_ragdoll is buggy and only sometimes works.
- Removed gib on crit kill from Revolver
- Added turn to gold attribute to both weapons.
- Added new cfg files: gentlespy_duo.cfg and femspy_duo.cfg with character names GentleSpyDuo and FemSpyDuo so that they can be loaded at the same time their normal versions are. If you already have GentleSpy installed, you can add these two bosses to your config for a new duo boss round with both bosses (with their HP lowered)
- Added 3 new "begin" sounds for the duo boss battle.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FemSpy.zip (4.17 MB, 1344 views)
File Type: zip FemSpy_bz2.zip (3.84 MB, 789 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-28-2012 at 14:33.
AeroAcrobat
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-28-2012 , 17:10   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Hot on the heels of the Freak Fortress 2 patch I just posted, here's the new version of FemSpy.

All sound files have been replaced in this version.

Here's what's new:

- All sounds are now mp3s for quicker downloads.
- Fixed slot for Revolver.
- Removed ice statues from config... special_ragdoll is buggy and only sometimes works.
- Removed gib on crit kill from Revolver
- Added turn to gold attribute to both weapons.
- Added new cfg files: gentlespy_duo.cfg and femspy_duo.cfg with character names GentleSpyDuo and FemSpyDuo so that they can be loaded at the same time their normal versions are. If you already have GentleSpy installed, you can add these two bosses to your config for a new duo boss round with both bosses (with their HP lowered)
- Added 3 new "begin" sounds for the duo boss battle.
thank you for the update. I will test it today
one question I have in mind:
If the filesize of the mp3's is nearly the same as the zipped mp3's files would'nt it be better to not zip them because it would take the client overall longer to download because he has to unzip every file ?
or does the donwload will continue while the files are being "unzipping" in the background ?