Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]

Post New Thread Reply   

mukla67
Old 05-22-2009 , 09:11   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #41

Khat mate updates all good but 1 thing the !jointeam2/!joinsurvivor commnd isn't working at all. Any ideas?

-Edit- Played a few games through today mate and it seems to be spawnnin tanks on the odd occasion before u even leave the safe room n before any other infected can spawn and then u get another tank half way through so you get 2 tanks

Last edited by mukla67; 05-22-2009 at 12:18.
AntDX316
Old 05-22-2009 , 19:19   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #42

is it possible to have better hook that sends it possible for 16 man through lobby connect

i had 16 players in the server going it was sweet
Zeusbba
Old 05-22-2009 , 21:40   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #43

Now need a way to modify the scoreboard for all players to be shown.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 05-23-2009 , 02:52   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #44

Joining the infected, !jointeam3, works but joining the survivors, !jointeam2 does not.
I agee with Zeusbba. The scoreboard looks awfull when playing 8vs8. Is there anyway to modify the HUD to allow 8 players per team? And to make it a bit smaller. I've heard it's hardcoded into the game.
Und3rg
Old 05-23-2009 , 02:55   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #45

Awesome plugin!

One question:
There only 4 med kits at start of map, so is there a way to spawn the amounts automatically according to number of survivors you've set without using additional plugins ? (atm i'm using all4dead plugin to spawn manually)
Skyttens
Old 05-23-2009 , 12:08   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #46

This plugin works good and all, but server lags like hell if i have more than 10 players on server. I run 24 mbit brandwith broadband so i guess it's supposed to lag.
And as somevone else stated before, when a tank spawns and both teams are full the tank wont spawn and the server will then ofcourse f*** up.
Somevone then said that the solution to this is not to have both teams full when tank is spawning, but the big question is: How? How do you have an empty player slot for the AI to spawn a tank? The players will just take that slot and tank wont be able to spawn.
Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 05-24-2009 , 01:21   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyttens View Post
This plugin works good and all, but server lags like hell if i have more than 10 players on server. I run 24 mbit brandwith broadband so i guess it's supposed to lag.
And as somevone else stated before, when a tank spawns and both teams are full the tank wont spawn and the server will then ofcourse f*** up.
Somevone then said that the solution to this is not to have both teams full when tank is spawning, but the big question is: How? How do you have an empty player slot for the AI to spawn a tank? The players will just take that slot and tank wont be able to spawn.
I thought that was fixed in the later version? The problem was the z_max_player_zombies CVAR wasn't getting set right.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-24-2009 , 08:04   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukla67 View Post
Khat mate updates all good but 1 thing the !jointeam2/!joinsurvivor commnd isn't working at all. Any ideas?
Those commands are respectful of the vs_max_team_switches variable. So if you have switched once and press the Switch Team button (Default: M) and the GUI says You cannot switch then it will simply do nothing. Those commands basically insert "Jointeam 2" into your console for you (Team 2 being survivor) Also make sure the players are typing exactly that and not putting a space or anything. When I tested it on my test enviroment it worked fully when I set vs_max_team_players to 999 I could repeatedly switch then i could no longer when i said it to 1, it won't inform you that you cannot because of max switches it just does nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukla67 View Post
Played a few games through today mate and it seems to be spawnnin tanks on the odd occasion before u even leave the safe room n before any other infected can spawn and then u get another tank half way through so you get 2 tanks
This is because of your teams score, the A.I director algorithm believes your doing incredibly well and is trying to provide a suitable challenge, So if you keep surviving with all 8, you are doing well and should expect multiple tanks. However in retrospect having a secondary tank makes it an equal challenge considering the increased players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Und3rg View Post
Awesome plugin!

One question:
There only 4 med kits at start of map, so is there a way to spawn the amounts automatically according to number of survivors you've set without using additional plugins ? (atm i'm using all4dead plugin to spawn manually)
I was looking at offering this at some point however I ran low on time prior to having to go to an event, there will be a feature offered for this on the next update. Although personally I believe it's more challenging with 4 medpacks and promotes teamplay however I can also understand that it's annoying not getting a medpack because you load slower, long story short, this is an upcoming feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyttens View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
I thought that was fixed in the later version? The problem was the z_max_player_zombies CVAR wasn't getting set right.
This problem may persist if they have a full 8 team (But shouldn't theoretically however there could be some form of internal coding that goes wry, because it's supposed to go "4+1" so maybe it's still checking that but finding it empty anyway because it's . I am not certain, if we can get some reports on this then I can go about making an exception system for this. It could possibly be that it's using the full 16 players and the server has no more slots, the tank does need a valid empty player slot to be able to connect, the fixing of the CVAR simply fixed the tank bot joining the team and spawning correctly.
Old 05-24-2009 , 12:14   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #49

Great to hear about making the medpacks an "option" as I agree with you and splitting 4 amongst 8 to start with makes teamwork not an option.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-24-2009 , 13:21   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusbba View Post
Great to hear about making the medpacks an "option" as I agree with you and splitting 4 amongst 8 to start with makes teamwork not an option.
I see it as a good option. The large amount of numbers means more guns protecting everyone meaning theres ALOT more chance to survive. So if you don't all have a medpack at start you are forced to search for some people or share which promotes teamwork, vital to versus survival.