Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported

Post New Thread Reply   

HL-SDK
Old 05-16-2009 , 19:35   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap View Post
Doesn't this always happen when you play VS by yourself? I've noticed all those same behaviors in 1 person VS. How does this have anything to do with this extension?
Oh, just because I was testing this extension with vs mode. I change sb_allow_bot_team or something to that effect to 1 so that the team of (about survivors was happy and departed that saferoom once I had changed to infected. I then spawned a hunter and became him.

After dying, I was able to respawn after the cooldown. This leads me to beleive I can get >4 survivors connected in, and then have people switch over to the teams they need to be on. Not sure how survival mode works out.

Would like to see what happens to clients after a map ends and goes on to the next in campaign. (pardon spelling, that word doesn't look quite right)
waertf
Old 05-16-2009 , 23:01   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
You need to raise the ConVar bounds on it first.

Though I'm not really sure how we'll get more than 4 survivors right now.. I know Left8Dead does it somehow without using the hacked sb_add command, so maybe we can get 8 survivors and 8 player infected after all without much trouble?

Also has anyone confirmed Damizean's plugin posted here will add survivor bots past 4?

If not, I can take a look at patching Director::AddSurvivorBot next week.
I set follow valut in server.cfg
l4d_maxplayers 18 //code1
sm_cvar z_max_player_zombies 8 //code2
sm_cvar survivor_limit 8 //code3
After start "Win" server,it allow 8 survivors , 8 player infected and 2 spectator and won't reset above value.
But the same way in linux isn't workable!!
After start "Linux" server,code2 and code3 always on lock.
did I mention clearly?
Number Six
Old 05-17-2009 , 08:27   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by waertf View Post
After start "Win" server,it allow 8 survivors , 8 player infected and 2 spectator and won't reset above value.
did I mention clearly?
100% correct , no effects on linux server .

Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2009 , 09:44   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Six View Post
Those should have effect.
waertf
Old 05-17-2009 , 10:21   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
Those should have effect.
I also think it should effect.
But in fact is that linux server lock values anyway,strange
by the way, linux server is ubuntu 8.04
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2009 , 10:27   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR Khat View Post
Have attempted running this. This is causing crashes on my server when I set Maxplayers beyond the natural limit of 8.
I don't understand? Worked fine for you when I first gave you the extension, plus we tested it with all those people? .

Can you give me exact steps to reproduce? Or try to build from source after uncommenting #define L4D_LOG_DEBUG in extensions.h and post the logs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Six View Post
The CVARs have no effect, or it won't let in more than 8 players "no effect?"
HL-SDK
Old 05-17-2009 , 11:14   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by waertf View Post
did I mention clearly?
Thank you very much, I had been looking for those cvars!

Does anyone know what happens on a mapchange w/ >4 people? I had been playin with 4 or less and all of the extra slots were removed (I had to sm_l4dbot) every mapchange. Is there a plugin earlier on in this thread that should address this issue?
waertf
Old 05-17-2009 , 11:21   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
I don't understand? Worked fine for you when I first gave you the extension, plus we tested it with all those people? .

Can you give me exact steps to reproduce? Or try to build from source after uncommenting #define L4D_LOG_DEBUG in extensions.h and post the logs?

The CVARs have no effect, or it won't let in more than 8 players "no effect?"
The CVARs have no effect
if the player connect to the server there are already 8 players in,the man are put in spectator team if l4d_maxplayers>8
AntDX316
Old 05-17-2009 , 11:28   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #59

is the src files needed??
AntDX316
Old 05-17-2009 , 11:52   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #60

everytime i run l4d_maxplayers (whatever number) srcds.exe crashes