Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]

Post New Thread Reply   

Shao
Old 03-03-2021 , 15:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.1 (27-Feb-2021)]
Reply With Quote #71

I have a small conflict with this, as I've been using damage SDK hooks from Atomic to remove entirely damage from the Mini-Gun (Mostly because there's a lot of unwanted friendly fire with this.) and the Melee (Unwanted friendly fire when incapacitated as survivors can use melee in that state. As they try to cover survivors helping, they can accidently hit their rescuer which would either hurt either parties depending on the setting.), would it be possible to add a switch for those specific situations where the friendly fire reverse could be turned off entirely for the mini-gun and melee? I know this is really specific!
Mystik Spiral
Old 03-04-2021 , 02:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.1 (27-Feb-2021)]
Reply With Quote #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
I have a small conflict with this, as I've been using damage SDK hooks from Atomic to remove entirely damage from the Mini-Gun (Mostly because there's a lot of unwanted friendly fire with this.) and the Melee (Unwanted friendly fire when incapacitated as survivors can use melee in that state. As they try to cover survivors helping, they can accidently hit their rescuer which would either hurt either parties depending on the setting.), would it be possible to add a switch for those specific situations where the friendly fire reverse could be turned off entirely for the mini-gun and melee? I know this is really specific!
There is an existing ConVar named "reverseff_incapped", which defaults to false. When set to false (0), attacks from melee weapons, mounted guns, and other weapons to incapped victims does not cause damage to the attacker or victim. When set to true (1), only the attacker takes damage for mounted gun, melee attacks, and other weapons against incapped victims.

It sounds like maybe you are asking that when the attacker is incapped (rather than victim incapped) to have a switch to turn off reverse friendly-fire. For example, if the switch is set to false, neither the incapped attacker or the standing rescuer/victim should take damage. Is this correct?

I'm a little confused because I don't think incapped players can use melee weapons or mounted guns.

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 03-04-2021 at 02:18.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2021 , 09:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.1 (27-Feb-2021)]
Reply With Quote #73

Using melee while incap is possible through this plugin [L4D & L4D2] Incapped Weapons Patch.
Old 03-04-2021 , 15:47   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.1 (27-Feb-2021)]
Reply With Quote #74

Working on options, probably two new ConVars (reverseff_attackerincapped & reverseff_mountedgun).
Old 03-05-2021 , 14:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.2 (05-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #75

New version 2.2 released, see original post for download.

- Option to ReverseFF if attacker incapped (generally not needed except with "Incapped Weapons Patch" or similar).
[reverseff_attackerincapped (default: false)]

- Option to ReverseFF if damage from mounted gun.
[reverseff_mountedgun (default: true)]

@Shao, please try this new version which should address your request. You will need to change the default value of reverseff_mountedgun from true to false, which will block all damage from the mini-gun.

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 03-05-2021 at 14:33.
Mystik Spiral
Old 03-09-2021 , 11:30   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.3 (09-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #76

New version 2.3 released, see original post for download.

08-Mar-2021 v2.3
- Check for two ReverseBurn plugins, and if found, only do a single combined announcement for all of them.
- Added colors to Announcement message and to messages displayed to attacker when friendly-fire is reversed.
- Changes above require new phrases download.
Old 03-17-2021 , 23:42   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.3 (09-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #77

It works well with the notice you gave Silvers. Looking at it though (And you can blame me for it.) I forgot to mention that I had removed unwanted melee friendly fire when people swing their weapons around to cover people altogether. DamageSDKHook worked really well for that, is there the possibility of a switch for it? Disable melee friendly fire like the mounted gun function? (Chainsaw is entity of it's own apart regular melee's too.) Otherwise, this is great and I can't really find anything else to suggest.

There's something about the plugin that makes melee friendly fire extremely unforgiving too compared vanilla, so I think it'd be a nice addition to have. It's considered by most that friendly fire via melee weapon is typically the reason why survivor teams fail as even if accidental, it happens a lot.

Last edited by Shao; 03-19-2021 at 00:50.
Mystik Spiral
Old 03-22-2021 , 18:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.3 (09-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
It works well with the notice you gave Silvers. Looking at it though (And you can blame me for it.) I forgot to mention that I had removed unwanted melee friendly fire when people swing their weapons around to cover people altogether. DamageSDKHook worked really well for that, is there the possibility of a switch for it? Disable melee friendly fire like the mounted gun function? (Chainsaw is entity of it's own apart regular melee's too.) Otherwise, this is great and I can't really find anything else to suggest.

There's something about the plugin that makes melee friendly fire extremely unforgiving too compared vanilla, so I think it'd be a nice addition to have. It's considered by most that friendly fire via melee weapon is typically the reason why survivor teams fail as even if accidental, it happens a lot.
Look at post #75 above. I already included an option to disable friendly-fire if the attacker is incapped (and there was already an option to disable friendly-fire if the victim was incapped). It sounds like maybe you are asking for an option to disable all melee friendly-fire, regardless of whether the attacker or victim is incapped...like if a standing player melees another standing player. Is that correct?
Old 03-23-2021 , 22:12   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.3 (09-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral View Post
Look at post #75 above. I already included an option to disable friendly-fire if the attacker is incapped (and there was already an option to disable friendly-fire if the victim was incapped). It sounds like maybe you are asking for an option to disable all melee friendly-fire, regardless of whether the attacker or victim is incapped...like if a standing player melees another standing player. Is that correct?
Yeah, just general friendly fire with melee's. The downstate was more of another issue compared this.

Like for example, you revive someone but have to stop to shoot something in front of you and accidently hit the bouncing incapacitated survivor, that works greatly. The plugin doesn't have those accidents happening anymore, however the melee friendly fire at expert is kinda unforgiving in normal play but with this plugin is incredible brutal, having a way to stop it from counting would greatly be appreciated.
Mystik Spiral
Old 03-25-2021 , 11:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.4 (25-Mar-2021)]
Reply With Quote #80

New version 2.4 released, see original post for download.

25-Mar-2021 v2.4
- Add new ConVar options for melee and chainsaw.
- Fix minor bug if player quit while pinned by special infected (hunter/smoker/jockey/charger).

You can add the new ConVars manually, but I suggest you delete the l4d_reverse_ff.cfg file and let the plugin create a new one.

Last edited by Mystik Spiral; 03-25-2021 at 11:38.