Plugin Description:
    CS:GO Change skins thru web motd
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    https://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg11235.html
    Old 07-03-2015 , 20:14   [CS:GO] Web weapon skins
    Reply With Quote #1

Hello!
    So I wanted to share this plugin with you guys!

Description

This is plugin which allows players to change their weapon skins thru web motd. Admins can add any weapon with any skin, but not from ingame. And I think, game combined with web is some kind of plugin future

Requirements

Video

Installation
    1. Upload webfiles to your webserver.
    2. Edit file "class/DataBase.php" with your database info
    3. Insert into database sql file
    4. Upload "weaponskinsdb.sm" to "addons/sourcemod/scripting/"
    5. Upload "weaponskinsdb.smx" to "addons/sourcemod/plugins/" (Download files from Web shortcuts plugin)
    6. Upload "webshortcuts_csgo.sp" to "addons/sourcemod/scripting/" (Download files from Web shortcuts plugin)
    7. Upload "webshortcuts.txt" to "addons/sourcemod/configs/"
    8. Upload "webshortcuts_csgo.smx" to "addons/sourcemod/plugins/"
    9. Edit "databases.cfg" in "addons/sourcemod/config/" with your database info
    10. Add to"webshortcuts.txt" in "addons/sourcemod/configs" your command and website link
    11. Here is example how it needs to look in "webshortcuts.txt"
      PHP Code:
      !skins"    "full" http://yourwebsite.com/uploaded_directory/index.php?steamid={STEAM_ID} 
    12. Restart your CS:GO server

I wish I haven't forgot anything. Anywhay, later will create video with the installation + how to add your skins to web. And yeah, in next update there will be a web file, witch will allow you more easily to add/edit weapons and their skins.

If you don't do any of these steps - plugin will not work!

To do

Acually I have to do lot of things, but that would be fast, because now I got quite alot free time. If there will be much people interested to use this plugin, I would have motivation to update plugin.
    • Add more weapons and their skins
    • Create web file where people can easily add/edit their own weapons with skins to list.
    • Create search or categories in web.
    • Your requests.

Credits

Franc1sco - for making plugin web Shortcuts for CS:GO.
    TrAkA1s - for helping me little bit with php.
    Me - for making this plugin alive.

Downloads
    • v1.0 - 74 downloads

Updates
    • v1.1 - Updated web files to support older php versions, fixed injections, and little bit updated code.

Want to buy me a beer?
    Donate thru paypal
    Steam offer link

Thanks alot!

Donators:

If you find some kind of bug, write in comments and I will try to fix that as fast as possible. And lastly, sorry for my bad English

Last edited by boomix; 07-10-2015 at 06:08.
    Neuro Toxin
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-03-2015 , 20:32  
    Reply With Quote #2

I hate to be the dark knight again.

Don't release these plugins publicly!!!!!

Please delete your attachment and report you post.

This stuff doesn't belong in the public domain.

What do you think Valve will think when they see you wanting money to develop something that allows players to use their paid content for free.

Don't be a fool and ruin it for everyone else. Some people have put hundreds of hours into these plugins and wouldn't be happy if things are patched because of some public release with a kid asking for money.

I've also noticed some exploits.

1. I can change paintkit selections for any steamid
    2. I can inject into your database
    3. Looks like I can inject into the game server

Last edited by asherkin; 07-03-2015 at 21:17.
    asherkin
    SourceMod Developer
    Old 07-03-2015 , 21:18   Re: [CS:GO] Web weapon skins
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
    Some people have put hundreds of hours into these plugins and wouldn't be happy if things are patched because of some public release with a kid asking for money.
    If people are doing it at all, there is no reason not to release it publicly. It's just selfishness on your part.

Last edited by asherkin; 07-03-2015 at 21:22.
    Neuro Toxin
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-03-2015 , 21:26   Re: [CS:GO] Web weapon skins
    Reply With Quote #4

I think that's a very narrow minded response.

This user should at least take out their comments asking for money to develop it.
    Old 07-03-2015 , 21:31   Re: [CS:GO] Web weapon skins
    Reply With Quote #5

@Neuro Toxin, I'd like to point out that Valve has taken away many features that made a lot of plugins more extensive, such as overlays, accept connect, and various others. However, this is the new element they added in, skins, which I really find sad. In that they take away things that really built communities and replace it with something that is to be feared if we utilize it. If they change and take away abilities to do things constantly, be it intentional or not, it just isn't the place to tell someone they can't release a plugin because it might restrict our abilities more. It's much more fun to get to use these things before they are ultimately denied. The inevitability that has become CS:GO is that the plugins you love die or need a serious and obtuse workaround. However, I do agree on your sentiment that he shouldn't because we don't want Valve to block it. I bet I come off as sour, but really just hurts my feels when we're afraid to have fun with a game that was born a mod and is now what, a restrictive game?

On the topic at hand, I would like to thank boomix for releasing it, should it be temporary. Yes, as Neuro Toxin pointed out, there are some bugs and security issues that need be resolved. It's great to see things like this, utilizing the new elements that CS:GO has put out. I hope it remains a plugin that doesn't get rekt by the almighty Valve code changes.

Also, I don't see how asking for donations is a negative. All of us ask or at least hope in respects that people will, we love what we do, and we love seeing that through admiration and donation.

Last edited by Maxximou5; 07-03-2015 at 21:32. Reason: meow
    Mitchell
    ~lick~
    Old 07-03-2015 , 21:44   Re: [CS:GO] Web weapon skins
    Reply With Quote #6

i cannot wait for people to start putting these on their servers so i can start screwing with their skins.

also
    http://yourwebsite.com/uploaded_dire....php?steamid=1' or 68 = '66; DROP ALL TABLES; --
    isnt that how it works?

Last edited by Mitchell; 07-03-2015 at 21:48.
    Neuro Toxin
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-03-2015 , 21:56  
    Reply With Quote #7

I agree with your comments Maxximou5.

I'm harsh on this topic as I'm heavily invested and it took so much noise for valve to push the motd fix after they moved the csgo web client to the steam web client.

I don't want to be seen as selfish. However I'm trying to protect my own interests which is hours spent coding html/java/php for interaction with game servers for things like paintkits.

I will give credit to boomix for their work and wanting to share this. However I would like them to consider the bigger picture.

Donations. This is my perspective.

Any paintkits plugin will be popular. There is no doubt. Valve come along seeing someone taking donations for a plugin that.

1. Demotivates customers to purchase paintkit items.
    2. Encourages players to play community only.
    3. Reduces cash flow through a cost/profit center.

If Valve felt someone was making a killing. This would encourage Valve to block the feature we use to override paintkits.

I think OP should do a simple: Like my work then donate. Not ask ppl to fund development of a grey area plugin.

Edit: I would also say boomix is not aware Franc1sco released weapon paints and after long discussions decided to remove it.

Last edited by asherkin; 07-03-2015 at 22:13.
    hu3br
    Old 07-03-2015 , 22:07   Re: [CS:GO] Web weapon skins
    Reply With Quote #8

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/site/public_html/skins/index.php on line 15

Last edited by hu3br; 07-03-2015 at 22:08.
    lowie
    Old 07-03-2015 , 22:46   Re: [CS:GO] Web weapon skins
    Reply With Quote #9

This is a big project!
    Neuro Toxin
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-04-2015 , 00:11   Re: [CS:GO] Web weapon skins
    Reply With Quote #10

Wow. This made it into the csgo mailing list.

Boomix. If you want help on blocking injection and stopping ppl changing paintkits for any steamid. I'm happy to give some pointers. Just pm me