Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-19-2014 , 10:27   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_BoG View Post
I'm on Linux. DHooks isn't crashing for me (1.0.14-alpha) on 1.5.4-dev+4059.
I'm also on Linux.

I'm not sure why, but DHooks crashed on me... until I tried replacing it with a debug compile at which point it starts cooperating. Apparently my copy just got corrupted but I'm not sure how. Oh well, its replacement (both normal and debug) work fine.

As for the map issues, I guess this is going to have to wait until I'm actually at home to see it in person as it's not happening when I try changing maps without any players present.

One bright side: I eliminated a lot of old plugins from my test server. I really should have cleaned house on it a long time ago... there were still plugins here from my last gaming group that I'm not really a part of any more.

Edit:

Off topic rant starts here:

Speaking of which, I wonder if anyone from my old community even noticed their server is now completely down even though its paid through . Turns out its not a good idea to insult the only person who was keeping your server running.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-19-2014 at 10:46.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 06-19-2014 , 16:04   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
[...]Off topic rant starts here:

Speaking of which, I wonder if anyone from my old community even noticed their server is now completely down even though its paid through . Turns out its not a good idea to insult the only person who was keeping your server running.
Rant continues:
If you were referring to yourself, I wouldn't take your word for it since you're the one running around with a disclaimer that practically tries to justify bad behavior.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.

Last edited by Dr. Greg House; 06-19-2014 at 16:10.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-19-2014 , 16:28   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_BoG View Post
I've updated to the latest stable SM-snapshot. PropHunt seems to be crashing the server upon mapchange (tested with changelevel & changelevel_next). Running PropHunt Redux 3.2.1.
While I still haven't been home yet, there are about a dozen or so people on my Linux PH server right now and it seems to be staying up. One person has been on for at least an hour with map time set to 20 minutes.

I did notice I forgot to symlink the new copy of DHooks when I moved it after testing earlier (derp... I moved it from PropHunt config to central config, but I need to symlink it to all the configs from central) so my server has been running without DHooks.

MM:S 1.10.0
SM 1.5.4-git-4087

Current Exts list
Spoiler

Current Plugins list
Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
Rant continues:
If you were referring to yourself, I wouldn't take your word for it since you're the one running around with a disclaimer that practically tries to justify bad behavior.
If you really wanted to find it, you can go check it on the Internet. I'm certainly not going to help you, though, especially not when you've decided to call me a liar.

Oh, and you can assume "not going to help you" applies to things other than just finding that information, too.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-19-2014 at 16:37.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 06-19-2014 , 17:05   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #274

Quote:
[...]If you really wanted to find it, you can go check it on the Internet. I'm certainly not going to help you, though, especially not when you've decided to call me a liar.

Oh, and you can assume "not going to help you" applies to things other than just finding that information, too.
I was opening things up towards a different perspective. One you might not see. But based on your reaction you've made evaluation quite easy.

Off topic rant ends.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.

Last edited by Dr. Greg House; 06-19-2014 at 17:13.
KBL4D2
Old 06-19-2014 , 22:08   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #275

My BLU players were stuck in the Prophunt Maps when I was running the server. May I know if this is the bug caused after this last update, or in other words, is anyone getting a bug whereby the BLU players can't move?
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 06-19-2014 , 22:46   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #276

Update SM.

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-23-2014 , 14:47   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #277

So, I'm planning on making ph_propmenu and ph_propreroll work with the 1 argument for all players again next version. I'm doing it by having PropHunt directly manipulate the SourceMod Overrides system via its API (GetCommandOverride, AddCommandOverride, UnsetCommandOverride).

I still need to test it, though.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-23-2014 at 14:49.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 06-28-2014 , 13:08   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #278

I am getting the same thing with server crash on map change on latest version. If know one on and change map it is find. I will see what I can find out...but don't hold your breath xD
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-28-2014 , 13:41   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
I am getting the same thing with server crash on map change on latest version. If know one on and change map it is find. I will see what I can find out...but don't hold your breath xD
You saw the part about it not working unless you install a recent SourceMod snapshot version including the gamedata from it?

Anyway, I've only seen one crash recently on Linux and that seemed to be related to either something UMC or NativeVotes was doing (it crashed right as a map vote should have completed).

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-28-2014 at 13:55.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2014 , 11:44   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.2.1, 2014-06-06)
Reply With Quote #280

Quote:
You saw the part about it not working unless you install a recent SourceMod snapshot version including the gamedata from it?

Anyway, I've only seen one crash recently on Linux and that seemed to be related to either something UMC or NativeVotes was doing (it crashed right as a map vote should have completed).
Hmmm I installed 1.5.3 but I will try the latest snapshot and get back....

UPDATE: Yes, sourcemod-1.5.4-git4088-linux did the trick. Cheers Mate

Last edited by MaloModo; 06-29-2014 at 12:06.