Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

How to modify CSGO weapon stats?

Post New Thread Reply   

CaptainZidgel
Old 06-19-2020 , 18:52   How to modify CSGO weapon stats?
Reply With Quote #1

Is there a method (probably some kind of SDK hook for changing entity information) to change CSGO weapon stats (like recoil values, damage, movement inaccuracy, etc)?
I've been looking all over the forums/google but haven't found much in the way of threads like that.
Most promising thing I could find was this plugin that changes weapon movement speed - but I don't know enough about sourcepawn to decipher the code and try to more generally apply it to other weapon stats.

edit: I've decided to move forward by editing items_game.txt, which was recommended against in other posts I've seen but it appears to be the only viable solution.

Last edited by CaptainZidgel; 06-24-2020 at 19:35.
Kellan123
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-20-2020 , 03:53   Re: How to modify CSGO weapon stats?
Reply With Quote #2

PHP Code:
SetEntProp 

Last edited by Kellan123; 06-20-2020 at 03:53.
CaptainZidgel
Old 06-20-2020 , 22:06   Re: How to modify CSGO weapon stats?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellan123 View Post
PHP Code:
SetEntProp 
So I would just do this on each weapon entity I give to a player?
Code:
SetEntProp(weapon, Prop_Send, PROPERTY, VAL)
Sounds good, where can I find a list of property names? I've been looking on the developers.valvesoftware wiki and googling but can't find anything relevant.
I also tried sm_dump_netprops but couldn't find relevant properties for anything but ammo reserves* (which don't even seem to work right but I'm probably just using them wrong).
*It's not that it _only_ dumps properties for ammo reserves, its that all the properties are things like
Code:
m_nSequence 
m_hPrevOwner 
m_bBurstMode 
m_flPostponeFireReadyTime 
m_bReloadVisuallyComplete
which are not really relevant.

I've found that the Source SDK uses some kind of weapon script file to set weapon data in source games, and it appears there's a weapon balance mod that uses this script type to modify weapon properties - looks really clean and promising but I haven't found a way to implement something like in an sm plugin (and I actually can't tell how this person's mod is implemented at all from the source repo which I gather is just a reupload of someone else's work).

Last edited by CaptainZidgel; 06-21-2020 at 00:55.