Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

MetaMod wont load?

Post New Thread Reply   

mysticssjgoku4
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2011 , 00:46   MetaMod wont load?
Reply With Quote #1

I have been gone from sourcemod since 1.0.0, and coming back lately, I tried to install via the direction on the wiki, but neither the gameinfo.txt method, or vdf file will work.

When I try adding the GameInfo.txt line:
Code:
GameBin				|gameinfo_path|addons\metamod\bin
Nothing echo's to the server console, as if...I didn't make any changes.

When I try using the vdf generator located at http://www.metamodsource.net/vdf, I choose counter-strike source, download the file, place it in my addons folder, and the server states:
Code:
Failed to load plugin "..\cstrike\addons\metamod\bin\server"
The path to my mod dir is "Y:\Half-Life_2\CSS\orangebox\cstrike", and I placed the file at "Y:\Half-Life_2\CSS\orangebox\cstrike\addons\metamod.v df"

(Don't know why the .vdf extension is spaced in the text above....I entered it without spaces on the forum)
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks

Send a message via AIM to mysticssjgoku4 Send a message via MSN to mysticssjgoku4
mysticssjgoku4
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2011 , 02:09   Re: MetaMod wont load?
Reply With Quote #2

Update, so was an error of mine, for some reason, the server.dll was the only library that was not overwritten and replaced when I updated. I presume it was because of a server that was still running, yet not shown, and windows didn't tell me it was in use as it normally does.

I now have a problem with sourcemod it crashing on load. I know it's sourcemod because if I leave metamod installed, and remove sourcemod, the server loads.

---------
Screw it, I installed a fresh copy of sourcemod, and it works. I will reconfigure everything in order for it to load from scratch....

Thanks anyhow guys

Last edited by mysticssjgoku4; 06-05-2011 at 02:13.
Send a message via AIM to mysticssjgoku4 Send a message via MSN to mysticssjgoku4