Sudden Death Melee Redux

Post New Thread Reply   

ratty
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-14-2008 , 22:03   Re: TF2: Sudden Death Melee Redux
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami View Post
@ratty: if you're talking about goldrush, that's not how the map works. Every round, Blue has to get the cart to the end and Red is supposed to stop them. If Blue gets the cart to the end before the time runs out, they win. If they don't, Red wins. There's no team score involved since it's all based on single rounds. This is the same for dustbowl and all the other attack/defend maps.
Let me try to explain better. Lets say the score is 3 to 3. Then mp_timelimit is reached in the middle of the round. Does it just wait until the round ends?
If no, sudden death.
If yes, now lets say instead the score was BLU 2 and RED 3. Then mp_timelimit is reached, but since it waits for the round, it plays out, but BLU wins the round. So its 3 to 3. Sudden death?
If none of that applies and I'm just ignorant on how scoring works in the event of a tie, then nevermind. I'm sure the plugin will handle it just fine regardless, the force stalemate command is just a bonus anyway.

Just curious, why is the version in the config? Won't that stay the same if there's an upgrade later?

I'll try this new version and report if people are able to exploit it still after the 20 sec.

Last edited by ratty; 05-14-2008 at 22:05.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-14-2008 , 23:24   Re: TF2: Sudden Death Melee Redux
Reply With Quote #32

If the score is tied and timelimit is reached, I'm pretty sure it just puts up the scoreboard and changes the map.
r3dh3adkid
Old 05-14-2008 , 23:27   Re: TF2: Sudden Death Melee Redux
Reply With Quote #33

bl4nk i just want to say thanks for all the work you've put into this addon

Great work!

Seriously, Thanks
Old 05-15-2008 , 07:14   Re: TF2: Sudden Death Melee Redux
Reply With Quote #34

ratty: a couple of things:

1. TF2 by default doesn't care about mp_timelimit during a round. As long as the round timer at the top of the screen hasn't hit 0:00, the map will not change.

2. Sudden death applies to a single round. It doesn't care about team scores, it cares about whether all the control points were captured or if the intel was captured x times in that round, before the timer hits 0:00. If it hasn't and the map is set to go to sudden death (the maker of the map can set this in Hammer), it will. If it's not set to that, it will go to stalemate, meaning neither team won.

3. As I explained in my previous post, in Gold Rush it never happens that neither team wins the round. Either Blue wins by getting the cart to the end before the timer hits 0:00, or Red wins because they stopped Blue from doing that.

Put those together, and you'll see that sudden death never starts in the middle of a round, unless the timer hits 0:00 and the map is actually set to go to sudden death.

And the version is in the config because SM puts it there by default, since it's a cvar. And yes, that will show the wrong version when you upgrade.
Chrustler
Old 05-15-2008 , 12:13   Re: TF2: Sudden Death Melee Redux
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4nk View Post
Here's a version that will hopefully fix the weapons problem. Please report back telling me if it works or not.
Didn't work for me.

The problem is you can just try and respawn as the same class twice and it'll give you back your weapons, only the first time you try and respawn will it automatically switch to melee.

Last edited by Chrustler; 05-15-2008 at 12:25.
stevieboy
Old 05-19-2008 , 15:21   Re: TF2: Sudden Death Melee Redux
Reply With Quote #36

Hey bl4nk,

I already stated my thanks to your work but may I suggest that you put your corrected versions in the first post along with a changelog?

It's kinda hard to click through all the pages to see the changes and versions.

Thx anyway,

stevieboy
Old 05-19-2008 , 15:33   Re: TF2: Sudden Death Melee Redux
Reply With Quote #37

The main post already has the newest working version with the changelog. I posted a test version a page back to fix a bug, but it doesn't seem to work, so there's no reason to post it as an official version.
stevieboy
Old 05-19-2008 , 15:46   Re: TF2: Sudden Death Melee Redux
Reply With Quote #38

Ok, then I understand. I was afraid it starts here like in the old thread where your releases got lost between all the posts. But then it's ok
Old 05-19-2008 , 21:51   Re: TF2: Sudden Death Melee Redux
Reply With Quote #39

I see it says over and over I have to compile it myself. IDK what that means or how to do it. Can anyone please tell me how I can get this mod to compile or what I need to do to make it work.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-19-2008 , 21:56   Re: TF2: Sudden Death Melee Redux
Reply With Quote #40

Don't worry about it. Just download the .smx file I provided.