Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[DODS] DoDS-Bots

Post New Thread Reply   

alencore
Old 11-17-2011 , 00:33   Re: [DODS] DoDS-Bots
Reply With Quote #61

Your bot and other files required are the only things installed on my server
Sorry for the bother Dog but I'm really new to this dedi+sourcemod-client access-admin stuff seems I forgot to check those you mentioned. Anyway much tnx for the responces. Hope I could start waypointing soon....haha feels like 2001 again me going crazy trying to make the very first dod bot to follow it's waypoints. I just love playing with bots. human players either are cheating or way too good I just can't really enjoy playing with them LoL!

Last edited by alencore; 11-17-2011 at 00:36.
strontiumdog
Veteran Member
Old 11-17-2011 , 00:47   Re: [DODS] DoDS-Bots
Reply With Quote #62

You should have a file in configs called admins_simple.ini
There are instructions in there how to set yourself as Admin

e.g.
"STEAM_0:1:16" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstz"

Last edited by strontiumdog; 11-17-2011 at 00:47.
alencore
Old 11-17-2011 , 06:22   Re: [DODS] DoDS-Bots
Reply With Quote #63

Tnx Dog will do that.
As of now just downloaded all the custom waypointed maps.
Asked Coach to wpt those dod_caen remakes well hope he gets some wpting time soon hehe.
DODS ain't dod without those caen maps afaic...it's the law as some old chaps mentioned LoL!
redremedy
Old 11-29-2011 , 21:34   Re: [DODS] DoDS-Bots
Reply With Quote #64

DoD:S update today seems to have broken this plugin (for us at least). Using the latest version of DODS-Bots and the latest snapshot of SM the server (Windows) will launch, but as soon as you choose a team/class the server crashes. Disabling this plugin the server stays up and works fine.
strontiumdog
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2011 , 21:52   Re: [DODS] DoDS-Bots
Reply With Quote #65

Try restarting your server and see if the offsets update.
My Left4DoD zombie servers run something similar to the DoDS-Bots plugin and the bots are running around happily.

....Just confirmed that.
Start your server and the updater will pull in new offsets.
Then restart the server.

Last edited by strontiumdog; 11-29-2011 at 22:04.
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 12-01-2011 , 03:26   Re: [DODS] DoDS-Bots
Reply With Quote #66

Quote:
the bots are running around happily.

No problems here, but I am not sure, if my server is updated atm. (Dunno if the autostart of my host does update automaticly)

The Bots are also running arround happily here

I played yesterday on the server (30th of November 2011 19 o clock GMT+1) after I updated my DODS client, and was able to play and all seemed to be fine.

sm plugins list didnt throw up any errors and all extensions are also running fine
Old 12-02-2011 , 15:47   Re: [DODS] DoDS-Bots
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by strontiumdog View Post
Try restarting your server and see if the offsets update.
My Left4DoD zombie servers run something similar to the DoDS-Bots plugin and the bots are running around happily.

....Just confirmed that.
Start your server and the updater will pull in new offsets.
Then restart the server.
We usually set sourcemod auto update to off, and update the gamedata if needed (guess I grabbed the wrong update). But turned it on and let it update, bots are working fine now.

*facepalms* should have thought of that Thanks for the help!
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2011 , 09:13   Re: [DODS] DoDS-Bots
Reply With Quote #68

Today I tried to get the Bots taking Flags on a 24 Slots Server.

It worked on dod_kalt and dod_donner fine. I did "bots_setup 1" and all went right. When I touched Flags, the entitynumber was promted in chat. I changed the Values and it works now.

Now my problem:
I tried to continue with dod_avalanche, and it failed!
Spawnpoints are displayed like always in bots_setup 1, but there isnt any number promted when I touch a flag. I tried to restart the server and I tried with other maps, where I have got waypointfiles for.

EDIT
Solved it by myself:
Round has to restart, before bots_setup works as it should. Now I am joining team AFTER I threw bots into spec, so the round restarts and bots_setup works fine

Last edited by micazoid; 12-04-2011 at 10:13.
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 12-12-2011 , 10:57   Re: [DODS] DoDS-Bots
Reply With Quote #69

Quote:
I'm having trouble seeing why Allies bots drop first...
I made a small change but I'm not sure if it will help.
I didn't give feedback, because I were looking at it quite a long time.

First I have a question:
How is the leaving intended to be? If I have bots_number at 8, should they be gone, if there are 8 players playing? ATM the bots are gone if there are playing over 12 players.

Then the next:
Now the Problem is switching the teams. Sometimes there are AxisBots vs Allieplayers and sometimes just reverse XD
I cant point to a map or event, that is causing this (sorry) it seems to happen random. Sometimes the teams are balanced just fine. 3 Bots, three Humans per team.

Sorry, that I cant describe it more accurate. Maybe there is a problem with the balancesystem of DODTMS from feuersturm? I am not sure.

And another strange thing: If I kicked Bots in the past, they stayed offline till mapchange. Now I kick them and they join instantly. Is this intended? It doesn't bother me much, but I am windering about the change of this behaviour.
Old 01-21-2012 , 21:50   Re: [DODS] DoDS-Bots
Reply With Quote #70

Besides the waypoints already in this thread, does anyone know of any more? I wish to get my hands on as many as i can. BTW, it runs flawlessly. Not one issue so far (besides in the first 5 mins) which was my fault anyway I currently have 12 bots (6 per side) without any lag or cpu issues. And its good to see im not having issues like some others, of they end up with bots on one side and so on. Mine are even, and they leave after 8+ humans join one by one. GOOD JOB!

EDIT: Not sure if this is a problem or not. But after a map change and the server is full (32/32) Some people get kicked for slot reservation so bots can join? Then once the bots realise there is too many people on the server for bots, they leave, and then the humans come back. Is there a way so it can check the numbers on the server before the bots join in after map change?

http://www.fgcgaming.com

Last edited by L33t_Of_Lag; 01-22-2012 at 19:25.
Send a message via MSN to L33t_Of_Lag