Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

-[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Lord_Destros
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2007 , 01:07   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

Also, the plugin doesn't restore client settings if you do amx_hacker.
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Destros
adidas
BANNED
Old 10-04-2007 , 05:55   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

verry good plugin nice +++++karma !!!
hmmm zoom fov cheat
pikachu
Old 10-04-2007 , 15:48   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
Wrong... Can you be certain that you are changing the client cvars back to the values that the client had them originally? Also, you do change the values of the cvars with you use the second command.

Also, this will not always work correctly.

Code:
server_cmd("amx_ban %s",playername)

Actually, it never will. You are forgetting the length of the ban. Try this

Code:
server_cmd("amx_ban ^"%s^" 0",playername)

This plugin has been running as designed on my server for over two years...I c no flaws.
Old 10-04-2007 , 15:49   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Destros View Post
Also, the plugin doesn't restore client settings if you do amx_hacker.
actualy if you run the first command on a previously banned client it will restore the player's settings. but the client has to be unbanned first and return to your server. I forgot to mention that the plugin does unbind all settings of the player before banning if using the amx_hacker command.
Old 10-04-2007 , 16:10   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
actualy if you run the first command on a previously banned client it will restore the player's settings. but the client has to be unbanned first and return to your server. I forgot to mention that the plugin does unbind all settings of the player before banning if using the amx_hacker command.
And that is a slowhack, hence the plugin probably won't be approved if those settings are left on.
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Destros
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 10-04-2007 , 16:13   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
This plugin has been running as designed on my server for over two years...I c no flaws.
The command amx_ban requires at least 2 parameters. The client's name and the ban length. I tested the amx_ban command before I made my post. I tested it on 1.76d, everytime I didn't specify the length, it gave me the usage for it. It may be working for you if clients have a space or something in their name. So, if there is a space, the space seperates the args, resulting in you sending part of the client's name in as the ban length and/or reason.

Quote:
And that would be against the rules of posting plugins here

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 10-04-2007 , 17:01   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

I just went to test it out and after using an amx_scan command and then an amx_hacker command (both on myself) I was unable to control my player. It said it found a hack on me that is obviously false.

I then disabled the plugin (and changed maps) and tried restarting CS to get my settings back but it didn't work. I finally re-enabled the plugin and did an amx_scan on myself and let it fully complete and then I had my commands back. (By commands I am referring to cl_forwardspeed, cl_backspeed etc.)

You should add a section to public_disconnect to reset all of the players cvars back to the default value just incase the player disconnects during a scan. This way if a player disconnects while in a scan, the plugin can put the values back to normal.
Old 10-04-2007 , 17:18   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
You should add a section to public_disconnect to reset all of the players cvars back to the default value just incase the player disconnects during a scan. This way if a player disconnects while in a scan, the plugin can put the values back to normal.
Can't do it with the function client_disconnect. Reason being is because once that function is called, the client has already left

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 10-04-2007 , 17:48   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

Yea... unless the client configuration part is removed, this plugin has 0 chance of approval.
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 10-04-2007 , 17:54   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

The method is totally unacceptable.

Unapproved.