Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO Request] Backup specific files from specific folders

Post New Thread Reply   

Lannister
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2019 , 12:22   [CS:GO Request] Backup specific files from specific folders
Reply With Quote #1

Hello guys,

I'm wondering if it's possible with sourcemod to create a plugin that creates backup from specific files such as admin.cfg / server.cfg everyday in some specific folder, like inside addons/sourcemod/configs/backups. The idea behind this is that sometimes things can go wrong and files could get corrupted or broken, and if you didn't have a backup you're basically screwed.

For example few days ago, i was editing and uploading my admin.cfg to my server and while uploading it on Filezilla internet went down, after internet came back, i checked that my admin.cfg was broken since WHILE uploading my internet crashed. I didn't have a backup (all that i had were old) so i was basically 3 hours trying to add all my admins back.

Thanks!
arcticx2
Old 01-28-2019 , 13:19   Re: [CS:GO Request] Backup specific files from specific folders
Reply With Quote #2

why dont you use cronjob to do it ?
mdmanl
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-28-2019 , 13:27   Re: [CS:GO Request] Backup specific files from specific folders
Reply With Quote #3

Wich operating system are you running?

I recommend that you manage backups from within the system. Not with SRCDS.

I also advice you to save your backups outside the server. If you keep the backups on the same server, a hard drive failure will ruin your day.
For example, I got 500 GB of free backup storage outside the server at the same company where I have my dedicated server.

Last edited by mdmanl; 01-28-2019 at 13:34.
B3none
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-29-2019 , 10:09   Re: [CS:GO Request] Backup specific files from specific folders
Reply With Quote #4

Have you heard of Github?

You could put your configs into a repository then write either a bash, php or node script to pull them and move them to the right folders.

It's not the best solution in the world but it's definitely an easy one!